Daily Mail: "Man City line up Wanyama"

trousers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2558533/TRANSFER-COLUMN-Evra-lined-Inter-Milan-United-star-door-City-ready-ditch-16m-man-Chelsea-lead-race-Costa.html

Manchester City will offload Javi Garcia in the summer as they look to recruit a new defensive midfielder.

The Premier League title contenders have agreed a deal for 20-year-old Argentine Bruno Zuculini from Racing Club but also want a player with more experience.

Garcia has failed to establish himself at Eastlands and his departure was discussed as part of negotiations over the proposed deal for Porto's Fernando and Eliaquim Mangala last month.

Fernando has since agreed a new contract at Porto but is one of City's options as they re-evaluate players for that position with Blaise Matuidi of Paris St Germain and Southampton's Victor Wanyama among the names being studied.

Wanyama was considered by City last year while at Celtic and his statistics make good reading at Southampton this season. They have conceded only 11 goals while he has been on the pitch and, since his return from injury, they have kept two clean sheets.

One of these :mcinnes: for the last sentence of course...

Edited by trousers

Wanyama was considered by City last year while at Celtic and his statistics make good reading at Southampton this season. They have conceded only 11 goals while he has been on the pitch and, since his return from injury, they have kept two clean sheets.

Odd stat to use, he was only on the pitch for about 50 minutes out of roughly 190 in those two games. :D

I don't recall seeing one for Lovren, but that one is only a matter of time.

The prevailing transfer story for Lovren will be to replace Vidic. I mean they're even from the same place, sort of! It's too easy a story to *not* make up, Sky Sources understand.

if i was Big Kat i'd be sitting with my calculator thinking shaw £30m, VW £20m, Adam £20m, Morgan £20m, Lovren £15m, JRod £15m, Clyne £10m, Chambers £10m... I'd be thinking could be a v.profit summer! You can buy a lot of cheddar with that sort of cheddar!

if i was Big Kat i'd be sitting with my calculator thinking shaw £30m, VW £20m, Adam £20m, Morgan £20m, Lovren £15m, JRod £15m, Clyne £10m, Chambers £10m... I'd be thinking could be a v.profit summer! You can buy a lot of cheddar with that sort of cheddar!

I'm sure she has more than that lying between the cushions on her sofa.

In fact she could probably sell the component parts for more than the club.

Anyway the player Citeh are lining up is Matuidi from PSG, out of contract in June and it will only take a 10 million £ signing bonus to obtain his services. Why pay 15 million to another club when you can pay 10 million direct to the horse.

And she would find that the value of SFC would fall by a lot more than 140 million

I'd swap him with Citeh for Jack Rodwell. Big Vic has only had about 3 good games for us - he's still struggling with the pace of the English game and he's not exactly a great passer of the ball.

I thought he'd taken a few games to adjust - and was playing OK - but then the last couple of games before he got injured he was terrible again.

Jack Cork is a much better players for us - and the way we play.

Yet another players fails to step up from Scottish football shocker! The Scottish Premier League is like League One - but without the physicality!

I'd swap him with Citeh for Jack Rodwell. Big Vic has only had about 3 good games for us - he's still struggling with the pace of the English game and he's not exactly a great passer of the ball.

I thought he'd taken a few games to adjust - and was playing OK - but then the last couple of games before he got injured he was terrible again.

Jack Cork is a much better players for us - and the way we play.

Yet another players fails to step up from Scottish football shocker! The Scottish Premier League is like League One - but without the physicality!

He did step up for a few games but it's about 30 odd games a season not just 3 or 4 plums and a load of crap like the SPL.

Expressed doubt about his durability and consistency at the time and that seems to be relevant just now. Anyway Morgan probably makes him look better than he actually is, one of his great attributes, usually where he needs to be when he needs to be to cut out the result of everyone else's f*cks up. I blame Victor for today's goal, gave the ball away when he shouldn't have.

Anyway if City want to give us the sum we paid for him, then this way with the cheque gents.

Wanyama doesn't suit the way we play. The centre backs either by bypass him purposely or he doesn't show for the ball in the first place. Hence we go longer. When he does get the ball and manage to control it the accuracy and/ or speed of the pass is lacking. If Man City are willing to pay the same or more for him then I would bite their hands off. Not for glass back Rodwell though £50000 a week for 6 games a season - no way.

An impressive midfield force who played a big part in our early season success I reckon - before his leg break that is.

Post injury he's a mere shadow of the player he once was, as that disastrously weak challenge on the edge of the box that resulted in our exit from the FA Cup proved only yesterday. This lack of form will prove to be only a temporary blip I trust, but right now he's nowhere near Man City standard - frankly he shouldn't even be starting for this team.

An impressive midfield force who played a big part in our early season success I reckon - before his leg break that is.

Post injury he's a mere shadow of the player he once was, as that disastrously weak challenge on the edge of the box that resulted in our exit from the FA Cup proved only yesterday. This lack of form will prove to be only a temporary blip I trust, but right now he's nowhere near Man City standard - frankly he shouldn't even be starting for this team.

Are you seriously saying Wanyama was at fault for their goal?

No player would´ve reached it. Gardner was moving in the direction of the ball and would always win that from the position Wanyama was in imo.

Rubbish. In any case If he couldn't reach It then he stays on his feet and stops gardener getting a run at goal. It was a fantastic strike but it was sloppy defending and a half arsed tackle.

Watch it again and you'll see.

Have watched it over and over and all the momentum going into that situation is on Gardners side. Could Wanyama go harder into it, perhaps but that would give him a clear yellow or a borderline red. The problem with the goal lies much earlier in the situation running up to the goal imo.

Have watched it over and over and all the momentum going into that situation is on Gardners side. Could Wanyama go harder into it, perhaps but that would give him a clear yellow or a borderline red. The problem with the goal lies much earlier in the situation running up to the goal imo.

Fair enough.

I can help but think however that the Victor Wanyama we had before the injury is - one way or another - going to make pretty damn sure that Gardiner is prevented from getting that strike in.

Not something I can prove of course, just a opinion.

Fair enough.

I can help but think however that the Victor Wanyama we had before the injury is - one way or another - going to make pretty damn sure that Gardiner is prevented from getting that strike in.

Not something I can prove of course, just a opinion.

If you know anything about the game then you can see that Wanyama has two options, either make a strong tackle or hold his ground, allow gardener to have the ball but stand up and stop him having a free run at goal. Instead he dangled his leg at the ball allowing gardener to take it past him easily and then hit what was a great strike. Wanyama stands his ground that doesn't happen. Take nothing away from the strike but you are right Charlie, he should have done better. Not sure what ollallana is on about but then there's nothing unusual about that.

If you know anything about the game then you can see that Wanyama has two options, either make a strong tackle or hold his ground, allow gardener to have the ball but stand up and stop him having a free run at goal. Instead he dangled his leg at the ball allowing gardener to take it past him easily and then hit what was a great strike. Wanyama stands his ground that doesn't happen. Take nothing away from the strike but you are right Charlie, he should have done better. Not sure what ollallana is on about but then there's nothing unusual about that.

Yes, very poor. There were three at fault:

Maya's feeble attempt at a pass forward.

Jos's feeble flicking the ball away with the wrong foot (his left actually, is his other one wooden?)

Victor's feeble attempt at an interception instead of closing down.