2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

"@MrJGKey: @SouthamptonFC we must be one of the only clubs not to announce a 2014/15 kit! Come on guys your killing me!! #saintsfc #bringbackstripes"

"@SouthamptonFC: @MrJGKey Won’t be long, Joe. We hope you’ll find it worth the wait. #saintsfc"

Saw this on twitter, granted this a bit conspiratorial but does the fact the club says they hope he finds it 'worth the wait' indicate they will #bringbackstripes ?

One imagines that the club would use correct spelling, even on twitter.

I know this has been done to death before but the yearly change in design is only a marketing ploy to increase sales. Small changes in design allow fans to 'get away' with wearing a previous year's shirt, hence the greater differences that have been made from year to year recently. Oddly, in Rugby, fans take a different attitude and by wearing an older shirt they show that they are long-standing supporters

I know this has been done to death before but the yearly change in design is only a marketing ploy to increase sales. Small changes in design allow fans to 'get away' with wearing a previous year's shirt, hence the greater differences that have been made from year to year recently. Oddly, in Rugby, fans take a different attitude and by wearing an older shirt they show that they are long-standing supporters

I love wearing older home shirts. This marketing ploy wouldn't work on me. Didn't buy this year's kit. Didn't mind it, but it was a ripoff.

I want us to have stripes every season forever. It's all I care about. Not who we sign or sell. Not who the manager is. Not who owns us or runs us. Not who are players are or where they come from. Not winning trophies or even matches. All I care about, and ever will care about, is whether we wear red and white stripes. In fact I would accept 38 straight defeats next season as long as we were wearing red and white stripes for the home games. It's all I care about.

So it is another week since they said very soon! Balls to them.

I have all the shirts apart from last season, going back to 1988/89 and a few away.... I really did not like last seasons, not because of the lack of stripes, but the gold.... No gold please!

I was told last weekend by someone who works at the club that the new kit is already sealed away in the store rooms at St Marys and that it wasn't just some cheap rubbish that Cortese had done a dodgy deal for. I asked if it's going to be a name brand but was told that they couldn't say anymore than that.

Nice and vague then!

So it is another week since they said very soon! Balls to them.

I have all the shirts apart from last season, going back to 1988/89 and a few away.... I really did not like last seasons, not because of the lack of stripes, but the gold.... No gold please!

I liked the gold :p

Worth pointing out that rather than "being one of the only clubs not to have announced a new kit", we are still, at the moment, one of the majority of Premier League clubs who have not announced anything.

Villa and QPR have launched both, Newcastle away only, Liverpool home kit only (leaks of others), Chelsea home kit only, Sunderland and West Ham away, Stoke home, Spurs nothing, West Brom nothing, Burnley nothing, Man City nothing, Everton nothing, Leicester nothing, Swansea nothing, Man U nothing, Arsenal nothing (leaks months back though), Saints nowt, Hull nothing, Palace nothing.

Worth pointing out that rather than "being one of the only clubs not to have announced a new kit", we are still, at the moment, one of the majority of Premier League clubs who have not announced anything.

Villa and QPR have launched both, Newcastle away only, Liverpool home kit only (leaks of others), Chelsea home kit only, Sunderland and West Ham away, Stoke home, Spurs nothing, West Brom nothing, Burnley nothing, Man City nothing, Everton nothing, Leicester nothing, Swansea nothing, Man U nothing, Arsenal nothing (leaks months back though), Saints nowt, Hull nothing, Palace nothing.

Yeah, but we are a laughing stock though, aren't we?

Ha ha ha ha ha Imagine Cruising are they ****in serious..............wouldnt they be be better off sponsoring Brighton.

Liverpool I would have thought, considering most in that city can't afford it and are just trying to steal everything from Southampton.

You have now, and that's kinda the point.

Terrible sponsor photoshop on that first kit, haven't seen one that bad since last season's hastily-assembled aap3 ones, and the "players wearing the shirts" video that didn't show their faces and the front of the kit with the sponsor on in the same shot.

If the Veho deal doesn't start until July 1st, we won't see a new kit for another 11 days at least, so there's no point criticising the club for not announcing it yet. I swear people on this site just look for reasons to panic.

Seems obvious but some queens appear to need something to have a drama about.

Watch this be completely wrong.....................

Someone n(Not me) thinks they saw it yesterday.

A diagonal white V from shoulders to neck, stripes underneath. His comments "Think the old pony strip"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbwZH1Y58VdfsxKZtjzIGJY0xo8JDvHIrkleGBUqWNBwVPdzXO

Hmm. Check out the Warrior away kit for Sevilla last season. Now make the top bit white and move the stripes to the main body.

Watch this be completely wrong.....................

Someone n(Not me) thinks they saw it yesterday.

A diagonal white V from shoulders to neck, stripes underneath. His comments "Think the old pony strip"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbwZH1Y58VdfsxKZtjzIGJY0xo8JDvHIrkleGBUqWNBwVPdzXO

That would do very nicely. Always liked that kit, extremely distinctive.