Malaysia Airlines plane missing

melmacian_saint

Ah, prestidigitation is great, isn't it? Think I picked that up from reading The God Delusion. Blame Hawkins!

However, I'm inclined to agree that this will likely not be solved. It's already starting to disappear from the daily news rotation. There seem to be innumerable unresolved details, chief amongst them the fate of the plane. We've been told that data is authoritative (Inmarsat) without any chance of independent review and despite the fact that nothing has turned up.

My view is that one or more nation states know a lot more than they're letting on.

To be honest, I had to look it up – it must have passed me by when I read The God Delusion. Mind you, I’ve been referring to the Premier League as the Premiership for the last 10 years, so perhaps I’m just slow on the uptake.

Regarding MH370, as I’ve previously said, I normally go for simple solutions as opposed to complicated conspiracies; however, even I’m beginning to think that there may be more to this than the authorities are letting on.

Regarding MH370, as I’ve previously said, I normally go for simple solutions as opposed to complicated conspiracies; however, even I’m beginning to think that there may be more to this than the authorities are letting on.

Me too. 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem' I always say.

Was that flotsam or jetsam that was washed up from davey joneses locker?

Well if it's parts of MH370 it should in theory be flotsam which is a result of shipwreck or in this case a crash. Jetsam is stuff voluntarily thrown overboard....unless of course someone opened the door of the aircraft and bunged stuff out, which would probably be why it's in the drink in the first place.:rolleyes:

Just been announced on CNN and by Reuters that debris believed to be from MH370 has been found in the Bay of Bengal adding support to previous claims the 15th April

Firm says finds plane debris in Bay of Bengal - CNN

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:23pm BST

A woman prays for passengers on board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 at Kechara retreat centre in Bentong outside Kuala Lumpur April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Samsul Said

A woman prays for passengers onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 at Kechara retreat centre in Bentong outside Kuala Lumpur April 13, 2014.

(Reuters) - A private company said it had found what it believes is wreckage of a plane in the Bay of Bengal that should be investigated as possible debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, CNN reported.

The Joint Agency Coordination Centre managing the multinational search for the missing plane dismissed the possibility, saying it continued to believe that the plane came down in the southern Indian Ocean off Australia.

The Bay of Bengal is located between India and Myanmar, thousands of miles from the current search area.

The wreckage was reported by Australian geophysical survey company GeoResonance.

"The company is not declaring this is MH370, however it should be investigated," CNN quoted GeoResonance as saying in a statement. (link.reuters.com/syr88v)

GeoResonance says on its website that it offers a unique and proven method of geophysical survey that detects electromagnetic fields suggestive of subsurface deposits.

Flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, went missing in March en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/04/29/uk-malaysiaairlines-bengal-idUKKBN0DF1QP20140429

Just been announced on CNN and by Reuters that debris believed to be from MH370 has been found in the Bay of Bengal adding support to previous claims the 15th April

Firm says finds plane debris in Bay of Bengal - CNN

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:23pm BST

A woman prays for passengers on board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 at Kechara retreat centre in Bentong outside Kuala Lumpur April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Samsul Said

A woman prays for passengers onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 at Kechara retreat centre in Bentong outside Kuala Lumpur April 13, 2014.

(Reuters) - A private company said it had found what it believes is wreckage of a plane in the Bay of Bengal that should be investigated as possible debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, CNN reported.

The Joint Agency Coordination Centre managing the multinational search for the missing plane dismissed the possibility, saying it continued to believe that the plane came down in the southern Indian Ocean off Australia.

The Bay of Bengal is located between India and Myanmar, thousands of miles from the current search area.

The wreckage was reported by Australian geophysical survey company GeoResonance.

"The company is not declaring this is MH370, however it should be investigated," CNN quoted GeoResonance as saying in a statement. (link.reuters.com/syr88v)

GeoResonance says on its website that it offers a unique and proven method of geophysical survey that detects electromagnetic fields suggestive of subsurface deposits.

Flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, went missing in March en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/04/29/uk-malaysiaairlines-bengal-idUKKBN0DF1QP20140429

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

So basically they don't think it is the plane at all

Isn't there a conspiracy theory that apparently the Israelis know or found out that the Taliban in Afghansitan had captured some drone technology and for some reason or other, the easiest way to flog it to the Chinese was sending it via Malaysia and putting it on one of their daily flights to Beijing. Quite why they would go this route when China shares a border with Afghanistan, and for that matter Pakistan, is anyone's guess.

I wonder if they ever traced the 5 people who didn't board the plane and why they didn't.

Re the taliban capturing said drone controlling equipment - I am very sure that the equipment the conspiracy people

claim to be captured is actually still safe in the U.S. The drones are fully controlled from a U.S. airbase, but even if

that "special" equipment was in Afghanistan it would be so protected that the taliban would be unable to get anywhere

near it let alone steal it.

I must make this clear before you read the message below this ISN'T ME saying this.

"Having now seen the cargo manifest with 4.5 tonnes of mango loaded, I’m becoming more convinced that a rodent problem should be

considered.

As anyone knows who has had a garden or house problem with these creatures, they are very skilled at remaining out of human sight.

Within their own family group, provided there is plenty of food around they live socially together. However, introduce another unrelated

family and it’s fight or flee.

Let’s say there was already a small population of rats happily roaming the cargo hold looking for the odd titbit, then along comes another

group loaded amongst the cargo of mango’s at KUL. Not much happened for a while as the newbies kept their heads down, but after all

signs of humans had passed, they emerged and then all territorial hell broke loose.

One group decided to flee and given their strong sense of smell, had discovered pathways to the upper deck, which was rat free and they

could probably smell dinner cooking.

The problem was, these pathways needed to be enlarged. Some were filled with cables, others with pipes, none a problem for these creatures

as they will chew their way through anything, especially if it’s necessary to escape.

So we have Ben, munching his way through an oxygen hose, while Rowland chews on a bundle of wires. If Ben gets their first, then Rowland’s

sparks are of great consequence.You have your rapid oxygen fire, you have the lack of crew oxygen. All over in a flash, a lot of heat and

smoke but it quickly goes out as there is not much exposed flammable materials.It may have blown a hole in the fuselage, an oxygen bottle

may have been ejected, but not enough damage to down the aeroplane, but enough to disable the crew".

A further new twist in that 11 Al Qaeda Terrorists have been arrested suspected of involvement in the disappearance of MH370. There is a lot being kept from the public that we still don't know about. There wouldn't be all these conspiracy theories doing the rounds had everything been out in the open.

Al Qaeda offers a superb scapegoat if MH370 was shot down and knowing the fact would be far too sensational with repercussions out of control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619388/What-havent-told-cargo-MH370-Mystery-deepens-missing-flight-claims-loaded-2-3tonnes-items-not-listed-manifest.html

A further new twist in that 11 Al Qaeda Terrorists have been arrested suspected of involvement in the disappearance of MH370. There is a lot being kept from the public that we still don't know about. There wouldn't be all these conspiracy theories doing the rounds had everything been out in the open.

Al Qaeda offers a superb scapegoat if MH370 was shot down and knowing the fact would be far too sensational with repercussions out of control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619388/What-havent-told-cargo-MH370-Mystery-deepens-missing-flight-claims-loaded-2-3tonnes-items-not-listed-manifest.html

It could have been terrorism without some big cover up. Maybe the terrorists stormed the cockpit, killed the pilots, turned off the comms and attempted a 9/11 style attack but made a complete hash of it.

I stated if the plane was shot down by a country, then this latest Al Qa|eda arrests may be part of a cover up for the authorities not wanting a shoot down exposed for reasons such a fact would have incredible repercussions.

MI6 is now supposed to be questioning the Al Queda terrorists into the likehood MH370 was diverted and landed somewhere.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-flight-mh370-jet-linked-3496745

Yesterday off the French coast, a United Airlines Boeing's radio contact was lost and it was slightly off its path. A fighter jet was immediately sent to investigate. This must be standard procedure but doesn't seem to have happened with the Malaysian Boeing.

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpoitou-charentes.france3.fr%2F2014%2F05%2F04%2Fun-rafale-porte-assistance-un-boeing-au-dessus-de-la-cote-atlantique-470795.html&edit-text=

Yesterday off the French coast, a United Airlines Boeing's radio contact was lost and it was slightly off its path. A fighter jet was immediately sent to investigate. This must be standard procedure but doesn't seem to have happened with the Malaysian Boeing.

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpoitou-charentes.france3.fr%2F2014%2F05%2F04%2Fun-rafale-porte-assistance-un-boeing-au-dessus-de-la-cote-atlantique-470795.html&edit-text=

Standard procedure but the same standards of surveillance don't apply to that part of the world.

As for the arrests, probably a convenient time to get rid of trouble makers without awkward questions.

This has got a rather childish thread.

Yes I do know someone at a high position in Inmarsat and he confirmed what I wrote, but it appears that some of you know better. I accept this as fact.

As for my assertion that I think that some government/body knows something that they are reluctant to disclose is based on personal experience. I was involved in an incident in 1982 out over the South Eastern Indian Ocean just off Java when something happened which I didn’t understand. At that time we commercial pilots were unaware that the US had satellites monitoring that part of the world. It appeared that not many governments, if any, in that part of the world knew those satellites were there, let alone what they were monitoring. I found out some 11 years later, when the information became declassified, that we were monitored throughout the incident. This area is not at war but governments don’t want to let others know their capabilities so we don’t know what is being ‘watched’. It would seem more likely than not that somewhere evidence is not being disclosed to the general public and communication between governments will not be open. If I was being monitored in 1982 it would be a fair bet that MH370 was being monitored too by someone in 2014. On this basis I wrote that I think that somebody somewhere knows something that we are unaware off yet. It is my opinion to which I am entitled, others may disagree but sarcasm and rudeness gets us nowhere.

Interesting quote on PPrune (an aviation forum) posted from someone in Western Australia. This comment in relation to someone else posting that even if the military know something they would certainly comment without details
"If there is only confidential (military) information available, its existence (or confirmed absence of contact) should have been reported even if no details were."

Pardon?

It took the Captain of BA Flight 9 (volcanic ash over Indonesia) eleven years to find out from declassified information that satellite monitoring stations in Australia and Guam were following his flight.

Capt Moody's comment? "We don't know what they're watching."

I'm not sure why you would be expecting anything different in this case if more were known from confidential sources.

Interesting quote on PPrune (an aviation forum) posted from someone in Western Australia. This comment in relation to someone else posting that even if the military know something they would certainly comment without details

Without reflecting too much on the base of the discussion I can tell you that the military don't usually feel the necessity to comment or make available information that they think that they might just as well keep to themselves. That's what creates such a shockwave when you get loose cannons like Snowden and the little knob now calling himself Chelsea Manning. I put in a good few years at S.H.A.P.E and have never felt obliged to share anything that went on there.

I can confirm the military don't normally comment on information on military aircraft or military information .

I recall being stationed in Cyprus in the mid 80's

There was an attack on RAF akrotiri by Libyans . It was completely dumbed down . The attack was apparently to hit the an American Spy planes that were based there . It was denied that any such planes existed but you saw one take off at a set time and return many hours later .

So the military know far more than they let on . Has always been the case and rightly so

I can confirm the military don't normally comment on information on military aircraft or military information .

I recall being stationed in Cyprus in the mid 80's

There was an attack on RAF akrotiri by Libyans . It was completely dumbed down . The attack was apparently to hit the an American Spy planes that were based there . It was denied that any such planes existed but you saw one take off at a set time and return many hours later .

So the military know far more than they let on . Has always been the case and rightly so

Ever heard of the USS Liberty, VW?

Pap

I do know I just googled it

I will read more later

This BBC documentary is a good primer*.

* it's from those good old days when the Beeb did investigative journalism.

• 3 weeks later...

So they've been searching for MH370 in the wrong place afterall. The so called beeps were never from the black box.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-mh370-missing-jet-not-3619840

Now 3 months later all the conspiracy theories take on a whole new perspective. Who on this thread got it right, may have the real answers of what happened, where is Flight MH370?

So they've been searching for MH370 in the wrong place afterall. The so called beeps were never from the black box.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-mh370-missing-jet-not-3619840

Now 3 months later all the conspiracy theories take on a whole new perspective. Who on this thread got it right, may have the real answers of what happened, where is Flight MH370?

That statement today leaves one BIG question unanswered.

IF the pings were not from MH370 BUT they WERE Manmade, what the hell made them?

That statement today leaves one BIG question unanswered.

IF the pings were not from MH370 BUT they WERE Manmade, what the hell made them?

Well if you listen to the US Navy ..their own equipment, not very likely though. Then again during the initial wreckage search various Navies and Air forces bunged a lot of electroinc junk into the drink, sonar buoys in theory, perhaps someone bunged in the odd black box tracker for whatever reason that suited them.

Edited by Window Cleaner

• 1 month later...
Military craft, big difference really. This is 295 innocent civilians from no doubt countries all round the world. This is a huge event.

Big difference, but could be the same people that did it.

Or of course a **** up by Ukraine trying to get revenge.