Morgan Called Up for France WC Squad (Official)

St Chalet

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere. Morgan was interviewed by Ed Chamberlain and confirmed that he is French and will only play for France.

When I spoke to him he confirmed he has had the 'pre-qual' for France. He explained that this means he is in the initial 40 for World Cup and he hasn't booked a holiday yet this Summer!

Came across as a very nice guy. Reckons Eden Hazard has been the best player he has faced this year.

Well he definitely deserves it.

What does all the 'Pre Qual' stuff actually mean in practice?

I think it means that they have put him on standby for a call up. Presume he meant preliminary but got lost in translation!

Edited by St Chalet

Moments in that were beautiful.

Best moment for me is where he left Toure on his arse, utter genius. The guy is a class act, blessed to have so many good young players like him - which kind of makes it even more frustrating we haven't won anything of note with this side!

Because France have the likes of Yoann Cabaye and Paul Pogba to play in the same position.

And Matiuidi, Valbuena, Gonalons, Kondogbia, Capoue, Mavuba...

It's frustrating not to see Morgan in the squad, but you can't say there aren't other options out there! Deschamps has a tough job on his hands with his WC squad.

And Matiuidi, Valbuena, Gonalons, Kondogbia, Capoue, Mavuba...

It's frustrating not to see Morgan in the squad, but you can't say there aren't other options out there! Deschamps has a tough job on his hands with his WC squad.

They do have some good midfield options, and to Morgans detriment, he simply doesn't score enough goals to stand out above all of those guys. You'd hope he's in front of Capoue and Sissoko though...as he's done a hell of a lot more at this level than either of those in the last year!

They do have some good midfield options, and to Morgans detriment, he simply doesn't score enough goals to stand out above all of those guys. You'd hope he's in front of Capoue and Sissoko though...as he's done a hell of a lot more at this level than either of those in the last year!

That's true, although those two do have the benefit of having played in France for most of their careers so are well known in those leagues. Personally I would find space for Morgan soon but he's still young and the likes of Matuidi and Cabaye are "getting on" in terms of their international careers - we should see Morgan in the French national team in time for the next major tournament after this one I think. A midfield 3 of Pogba, Schneiderlin and Kondogbia could be sensational in 2016..

Great video - what a class act. He was with us, along with Adam, when we were relegated from The Championship and has remained loyal and is an essential member of our squad. He fully deserves a call up to the French team. I just love the fact that Kelvin Davis, Fonte, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Lambert and Guly played with us in League 1 and are currently performing at the top level. Coupled with our brilliant youngsters coming through, it is not difficult to understand why the club have made the transition from L1 to the upper half of the Premiership look so comfortable.

Well he definitely deserves it.

What does all the 'Pre Qual' stuff actually mean in practice?

It means don't go out and get steaming every evening from here to July, don't book your wedding or anything, try not to write yourself off in a horrific M1 accident, try to stay fit and be prepared to be called up if necessary. It's a standard French system but whether he'll make the 23 is a different matter, might make the initial 31 who go to the first training camp though.

Anyway this is quite a scoop that St Chalet has shared with us, these pre-convocations are usually pretty "classified" information, certainly where DD's WC group is concerned. Not seen one othe leaked pre-convoc actually although some go without saying.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Just read l'équipe. It doesn't really say that je is expected to be in the squad, he was supposed to be watched during one of the Saints games 2 weeks ago (i'm guessing Everton) but he was out with an injury. Anyway apparently they called him the other to get his suit size for the official french world cup suit. Doesn't mean he will be chosen.

Seriously though he is their best option available after the dead certs (Cabaye, Mattuidi, Pogba). For me he is ahead talent wise of Gonalons, Mavuba, Guilavogli and Kongogbia)

Here's hoping DD has seen this and Will take him to training camp to run the rule over him and get a little bit of game time.