Morgan Called Up for France WC Squad (Official)

St Chalet

France Vs Jamaica is on BT Sport 1 tonight at 8pm UK time.

Might be worth having it on in the background to see if he gets on for his first cap :)

Now they've called him up and changed a big part of midfield they've got to try him out and see how her plays before the WC surely? Would make no sense at all to leave him out.

Now they've called him up and changed a big part of midfield they've got to try him out and see how her plays before the WC surely? Would make no sense at all to leave him out.

Plus I'm looking forward to watching this while kicking the arse out of 'It's the WC darling' and p1ssing the Mrs off.

Lambert, Ox, Lallana and Morgan all were all on the pitch together for saints 21st August 2010 for 9 minutes against Leyton Orient. That was the first time, they all started in the 3-2 loss to Carlisle that November. Pretty good scalp for Carlisle in retrospect.

6-0 no sign of Morgan coming on.

Doesn't look like it does it? You'd have thought he'd give him a run out just to make sure that each of his players had an opportunity for a run-around really. Think he'll be an uncapped player though. Barring perhaps France topping the group in two games and Deschamps thinking his best bet is to rest the first team and going with a complete second XI.

France looking terrific btw.

Woop! Morgan on and another goal. France look good but Jam llok dreadful. Apparently Puncheon is gonna play for them soon.

France should be fresh as the Newcastle french players have been resting since Jan.

Just took off Matuidi and brought on Pogba, Cabaye has already been replaced - unlikely Morgan will get on I'd say.

That was a strange one, at 6-0 up and 18 mins left I'm not sure what DD is going to learn about Pogba. All smacks of Hodgson v Denmark when Leighton Baines played the first half & then he brought on Ashley Cole at half time, leaving the then uncapped Luke Shaw on the bench.

Still least he got 3 minutes at the end!!

That was a strange one, at 6-0 up and 18 mins left I'm not sure what DD is going to learn about Pogba. All smacks of Hodgson v Denmark when Leighton Baines played the first half & then he brought on Ashley Cole at half time, leaving the then uncapped Luke Shaw on the bench.

he is there to get his team ready for the first game

I suspect many injuries and suspensions will have to happen before morgan starts

Ah good to see him get a kick!

As I say, I can't see him playing in the World Cup unless France can top the group in two matches and Deschamps plays a total second-string in their final game against Ecuador.

Would be very surprised if we see any more of Morgan in a French shirt between now and their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign. But hey! Whatever. Lallana is two years younger than Morgan and two years ago hadn't even played in the Premiership let alone come close to his national team. Progress indeed!

Am I in a parallel universe? I swear I watched Luke play 45 minutes of that game!

Am I in a parallel universe? I swear I watched Luke play 45 minutes of that game!

No, I am!!! You're right.

Baines didn't play - cashley got picked from the start and Luke came on at half time. The point is valid though, why pick Cole when he's got 100 plus caps - roy must have known what he can do, same as DD knows what Pogba can do.

Baines didn't play - cashley got picked from the start and Luke came on at half time. The point is valid though, why pick Cole when he's got 100 plus caps - roy must have known what he can do, same as DD knows what Pogba can do.

DD is there to get his first 11/14/15 ready for the groups stages of the World Cup.

Lots will have to happen before a player who never even made the original squad to get a start

I think it was good management by Roy, he made it clear that Shaw would make his debut but decided to take the spot light off him a bit by bringing him on at half time. It was the right move for me, in Shaws case anyway.

For the French commentators Morgan is France's Ricky Lambert Rags to Riches hero today. They related how he left France, joined Saints and ended up on League 1 before being an instrumental part of Saints climb back to the Premier League. Today he is one of the best midfield players in the UK. At last he is recognised and gets his first cap for France

I have to say France played like a team of Rahman Sterlings in top form. A pleasure to watch after last night's England performance. Can see them doing well in Brazil.

Ah good to see him get a kick!

As I say, I can't see him playing in the World Cup unless France can top the group in two matches and Deschamps plays a total second-string in their final game against Ecuador.

Would be very surprised if we see any more of Morgan in a French shirt between now and their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign. But hey! Whatever. Lallana is two years younger than Morgan and two years ago hadn't even played in the Premiership let alone come close to his national team. Progress indeed!

Older

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the players linked with moves away from St Mary's, Morgan Schneiderlin is the one we can ill afford to lose. The others are replaceable but not alas Morgan who has a special quality that eludes most professionals.

We really should make him team Captain whether Lallana stays or not.

Cannot the songsmiths amongst us come up with a chanson en Francais to make him feel he really belongs here, after all wasn't it the Wigan fans who sang to us last year as a welcome back to the PL "You're so Southern you're almost French!"

"Sur la pont d'Itchen....

If Lallana stayed what would be your logic behind stripping him of the captaincy and giving it to Schneiderlin?

Just as vital in the team. More of a leader and does put his mouth about. Occupies a role within the spine so much less of an individualistic position on the football pitch. Carrot-and-stick reward for loyalty, hopefully get the fans singing his name a bit more*, maybe encourage him to drive the team forward and play that killer pass/shot a little bit more etc. would be some of mine.

*Just on that point, I remember the Northam singing his name as the players did their lap around the pitch after United. Morgan's face lit up like a Christmas Tree and he grabbed Ramirez, turned around and sort of gestured in that general direction (he was walking towards us in the Itchen). But yeah, bit of a side issue but the guy likes to feel appreciated and you can tell he's fond of our support. A lot of players really wouldn't give a monkey's in that situation.