Morgan Called Up for France WC Squad (Official)

St Chalet

Looked comfortable so far, doing exactly what he does for Saints... breaking play up, pressing opposition players, keeping possession and always available for a pass. Excellent to see, long may it continue.

Looked comfortable so far, doing exactly what he does for Saints... breaking play up, pressing opposition players, keeping possession and always available for a pass. Excellent to see, long may it continue.

He makes it look so easy, when Gerrard made it look so difficult.

Mogs

Digne

Griezman

Koscielny

Benzema

Lloris

Ah - back 5 were out of shot most of the time I was watching, plus Benzema could be debated. As for Morgan / Griezman...I'm afraid I just can't tell white guys apart!

Looks a natural at this level, hardly surprising because he is class and would start for England and many other nations.

No he wouldn't start for England because he doesn't play for a 'big team' and is not flash. He twice the player Henderson is but Jack Cork could play that role for England no problem anyway but again won't get near that big time Charlie club team ....

Agree with the above, I know we would have all been watching out for him but he looked very comfortable. Felt he was asked to do a different job to his usual Saints role, more in the Big Vic/Jack Cork spot, although he did fill in at left-back once or twice. Super player.

No he wouldn't start for England because he doesn't play for a 'big team' and is not flash. He twice the player Henderson is but Jack Cork could play that role for England no problem anyway but again won't get near that big time Charlie club team ....

Cork doesn't have the range of passing schniderlin does, he's good at breaking up play but no where near as good at retaining possession which is crucial at international level.

A skate I know said it showed how low the talent pool, France had to pick from was. I said that Morgan would get in to all bar 3 or 4 of the squads, including England.

Did you remained him that talent pool was so low in 2007/08 when we failed to qualify for the euros in no small part due to the fact that England were resorting to picking an over the hill goalkeeper, mentalist centre half, awful right back and two perennial bit part striker from a small mid table premier league, coincidence?

A confident and competant display from him throughout the match. Did he put a single pass astray? He really made it look very simple, but he was effective in his distribution and must have made out a decent case for further progress in the team.

Felt better watching Morgan play for France than I did watching Shaw and Lallana play for my own country!

Agree, and I felt the same about Gaston coming on. I watched the Uruguay game rather than England in the hope he'd get on. The past few days I watched yoshida, MS and Gaston with more feeling than watching lallana and Shaw.

I thought Morgan was excellent, only gave the ball away once, his pass completion must of been in the 90% area. Yes, it was a bit of a stroll and he gave simple passes, but I like the way he zipped the ball into peoples feet and looked very comfortable receiving it.

Deschamps saying that although he plays for a less high profile club and is not as well known he did a good job. Im sure MS will have been encouraged to join a bigger club after this experience.

Or maybe he will be encouraged to help us move up to the next level?

I thought Morgan was excellent, only gave the ball away once, his pass completion must of been in the 90% area. Yes, it was a bit of a stroll and he gave simple passes, but I like the way he zipped the ball into peoples feet and looked very comfortable receiving it.

93%, best on the pitch. As you say, he was generally playing simple passes to keep the ball and build attacks but still, very good nonetheless.

WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored 11m

Morgan Schneiderlin: Has won possession the most times in the midfield third in a single match (10 vs Ecuador) at the 2014 World Cup #fra

I have a mate who is a big Arsenal fan and he asked me last week is he really that good? Reckon where he's in a little bit of an unseen role (even though he's consistently near the top of these sort of stats) he's probably gone a bit under the radar for neutrals, and for Didier Deschamps too. He's got every chance of staying in the France team now and if he continues that sort of form I would have thought he would be nailed on for Champs Lge somewhere next season; keeping him will be Koeman's biggest challenge.

Our best player IMO.

I have a mate who is a big Arsenal fan and he asked me last week is he really that good? Reckon where he's in a little bit of an unseen role (even though he's consistently near the top of these sort of stats) he's probably gone a bit under the radar for neutrals, and for Didier Deschamps too. He's got every chance of staying in the France team now and if he continues that sort of form I would have thought he would be nailed on for Champs Lge somewhere next season; keeping him will be Koeman's biggest challenge.

He plays in a position that the average 'GET it FORWAAAAAARD' 'STOP F*CKING ABOUT WITH IT' 'RUN YOU LAZY C*NT' English match going fan struggles to comprehend. Hence why some will not recognise his ability. Quite a few twitter mongs last night saying he only passes backwards.

Just forward your mate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EgNLzbdya8

That was a phenomenal full International debut. Bar scoring that chance I don't see as he could have done much more than what he did. That French squad is packed full of "flair" players and goalscorers. There are few, if any, who are able or willing to do what Morgan does and at such an excellently high (dare i say it, World Class) level.

His work-rate was excellent, his distribution was excellent, his positioning was excellent, his interceptions were excellent, his tackles were excellent and his passing was excellent. They called Didier the original "gregario" - or "watercarrier" but Morgan looks like his natural heir except he's bigger and (dare i say it again) potentially way better.

He played in the Bigvic position but what he lacks in Vics physicality he more than compensates with sheer elegance class and technical/passing ability. That performance on the World stage just catapulted him into the stratosphere for any managers who know anything about what is a good footballer. And Morgan is a VERY good footballer. If anyone did not know who Morgan is or why he was in the French team, they do now.

Funny in France, most media and supporters though he was too shy, not assertive enough and bassed backwards and sideways too much. They were trying to compare him to Cabaye who obviously doesn t have the same type of game.

I though personally he had a good game, kept it simple and grew in stature as the game went on.

Funny in France, most media and supporters though he was too shy, not assertive enough and bassed backwards and sideways too much. They were trying to compare him to Cabaye who obviously doesn t have the same type of game.

I though personally he had a good game, kept it simple and grew in stature as the game went on.

I don't know, on infosport last night they we're pretty complimentary. However I think there is a bit of deception in general today ,totally injustified of course, because l'EDF has scored too many goals of late and your average footix has been spoilt.

Needed to play the same side but with Valbuena (or even Remy) from the start yesterday because Sissoko is great as an ACM

but was a bit out of his depth out on the right of the attack last night. Thought Benzema was a bit quiet as well and some players need to watch those elbows, if Ecuador complain Sakho might wll get a suspension after an inquiry.