Morgan Called Up for France WC Squad (Official)

St Chalet

He definitely deserves to be in and I like our players getting recognition. But I do think it will speed up his exit.

We probably won't get an update from Essruu for awhile, unless he's gone to wherever France are training, and is ferrying him back and forth from the training ground to the hotel over there...

I would hope that getting into the squad might make it less likely that he'll *want* to leave Saints, but with the manager situation etc, who knows. I personally still suspect he is high on the list of potential departures.

He definitely deserves to be in and I like our players getting recognition. But I do think it will speed up his exit.

Personally I think it will delay it. I got the impression he started to feel he needed to move to get in the French team. Now he doesn't.

We probably won't get an update from Essruu for awhile, unless he's gone to wherever France are training, and is ferrying him back and forth from the training ground to the hotel over there...

I would hope that getting into the squad might make it less likely that he'll *want* to leave Saints, but with the manager situation etc, who knows. I personally still suspect he is high on the list of potential departures.

The reserves are no longer with the squad. I think Morgan has gone on holiday. I hope he's not too far away and been keeping healthy.

Interestingly no mention of his selection in French press. Perhaps they have been asked to wait until DD's presser.

I should think that given the complete and utter refusal to give any of the non-23 players any playing time at all in their warm-up games, this could be a bit of a stick to beat Deschamps with, so they may be trying to keep a low profile. Not to mention that in real terms it's a change of a sub to a standby player in a squad dominated by news of Benzema and Ribery's injury recoveries, so it's not exactly massive news for most.

Perhaps they got it off here.:rolleyes:

There's a piece in L'Equipe, nothing confirmed as far as I can see, just says Grenier now doubtful and Schneiderlin and Cabella are the most likely eventual replacements. Nothing definite yet, not even Grenier's forfeit. He'd been injured for most of the end of the season anyway, probably should never have made the 23 but Deschamps does like to balance the OLs/PSGs/OMs in his squad. Without Grenier that left Lyon with err nobody, as you well know politics enters into everything in France,even our 23 for the WC.

Personally I think it will delay it. I got the impression he started to feel he needed to move to get in the French team. Now he doesn't.

Maybe he already got tapped up by the French equivalent of Stevie Geeeee at the squad get-together and agreed to move in order to get included in the squad. Reckon he will be joining his boyhood team, Arsenal.

Maybe he already got tapped up by the French equivalent of Stevie Geeeee at the squad get-together and agreed to move in order to get included in the squad. Reckon he will be joining his boyhood team, Arsenal.

Liverpool are his heroes, always been associated with the Arse because Wenger is a fairly near neighbour of the family (well 20 miles), knows the grandad and has watched him since he was about 6.

Still think they'll go for Cabella myself in case Ribery cracks up completely mid WC. Morgan should be the replacement, he's the most similar in ability (well he has superior ability actually) but with the ongoing Ribery circus DD may well see Cabella as a two birds with one stone solution. Guess we'll find out this afty Presser was already scheduled at 15.45 CET.

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Clement-grenier-forfait/471438 only about 15 mins ago

not confirmed yet, still says the water carrier has a choice between Morgan and Cabella.

On the plus side, Newcastle have been asked to double the transfer fee for Cabella to £12m ...and that was before this chnace to be called up. Means that if Morgan gets the nod n place we can ask for nearer £20m for or far superior product when it comes to any enquiries that is!

As he is my favourite player though, I don't want him sold at all. He's been a star since he first graced St Mary's under the Portvliet.

Just as I thought it's Cabella who'll replace Grenier, all because of the Ribery situation. He's got some sort of chronic lumbago

or so he says but the docs can't really pinpoint anything. There was talk of him being left behind but it's Ribery and they won't want to do that. So Grenier dropping out makes way for Cabella who could replace Ribery on the left side of AM.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Stranger than strange, L'Equipe are reporting Ribery out MORGAN ...........get in

Nope they're not saying that actually, they're saying Morgan replaces Grenier and the fact that Cabella has also been recalled

means probably that Ribery is out........bit of a bazaar, no doubt we'll find out later who's in and who's out actually.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I thought the common perceived wisdom was that him NOT being in would speed up his exit through frustration ?

not sure we can win here. Morgan may feel he would have been straight in if he had been at Arsenal, for example. Now he is in he is going to attract even more attention for the likes of Arsenal. An international for one of the big nations that is not playing champions league football is going to be keenly watched.

Cabella AND Schneiderlin have been called back to the France squad apparently.

Maybe Ribery is out too?

Yes, as I understand it having seen a bit on the TV, Morgan replaces Grenier, he takes over the Number 22 shirt, Cabella in fact replaces Ribery so he'll be number 7 (I think) However the docs of the FFF have to justify the 2 late replacements to the FIFA committee but it's a bit of a formality (or so they say).

Yes, as I understand it having seen a bit on the TV, Morgan replaces Grenier, he takes over the Number 22 shirt, Cabella in fact replaces Ribery so he'll be number 7 (I think) However the docs of the FFF have to justify the 2 late replacements to the FIFA committee but it's a bit of a formality (or so they say).

Not what it says here - Morgan for Ribery

http://sports.nouvelobs.com/football/coupe-du-monde-2014/articles/ribery-ko-schneiderlin-ok-1064692/

With Platini around I bet that is a formality as He is bound to have dirt on Blatter (and vice versa).

More importantly congratulations Morgan.

Ah but that's not what DD said in his presser, I know you read French so here it is. The confusion has come because

Cabella's recall was leaked or made public at least before Morgan's, they just assumed that he replaced Grenier that's all.

lifted by BFMTV (RMC) from the presser. Didn't see it myself because Mme is watching the DDay guff

Didier Deschamps a annoncé ce vendredi le forfait de Franck Ribéry pour le Mondial. Le sélectionneur reconnait qu'il s'agit là d'un vrai coup dur, mais veut garder ses ambitions. « On doit être ambitieux, continuer à l’être, insiste Deschamps en fin de conférence de presse. Après évidemment qu’avec un Ribéry à 100%, on est plus performants. Mais on va faire en sorte de l’être sans lui. » C'est Rémy Cabella qui remplacera le milieu de terrain. Autre forfait, celui de Clément Grenier, remplacé par Morgan Schnederlin.

Ah but that's not what DD said in his presser, I know you read French so here it is. The confusion has come because

Cabella's recall was leaked or made public at least before Morgan's, they just assumed that he replaced Grenier that's all.

lifted by BFMTV (RMC) from the presser. Didn't see it myself because Mme is watching the DDay guff

Didier Deschamps a annoncé ce vendredi le forfait de Franck Ribéry pour le Mondial. Le sélectionneur reconnait qu'il s'agit là d'un vrai coup dur, mais veut garder ses ambitions. « On doit être ambitieux, continuer à l’être, insiste Deschamps en fin de conférence de presse. Après évidemment qu’avec un Ribéry à 100%, on est plus performants. Mais on va faire en sorte de l’être sans lui. » C'est Rémy Cabella qui remplacera le milieu de terrain. Autre forfait, celui de Clément Grenier, remplacé par Morgan Schnederlin.

Yep, makes sense - also see that the Nouvel Obs has subsequently changed -updated- its story.