Morgan Called Up for France WC Squad (Official)

St Chalet

French journalist Julien Laurens seems to think he'll be in the 23, which I must say I'm surprised by. The impression I had was that Deschamps wasn't in the slightest bit interested in him, but apparently he's watched him quite a bit this season.

French journalist Julien Laurens seems to think he'll be in the 23, which I must say I'm surprised by. The impression I had was that Deschamps wasn't in the slightest bit interested in him, but apparently he's watched him quite a bit this season.

That will be a real surprise, I'm not even sure that he'll make the 30. DD is such a complex entity. I have no idea whether we're going 23+7 or 30 to start with though

That's almost excellent news . Let's hope he gets called up . Deserves to have an automatic place

Congratulations Morgan

Well that will only be if one of the 23 has to drop out, however he does get to go to the first training camp (from about Monday until 28th May) and that's a significant step forward for him from completely being ignored despite some fine performances over 2 seasons. Still there a couple of fragile marys in the 23 so it's possible he could just get a reprieve.

Chuffed for him, another who has got consistently better as we've come up through the leagues. Let's hope he makes it for some reason.

Also shows he can achieve International football while at Southampton.

Gutted for him:

France

Didier Deschamps finally unveils those 23 names we have been waiting for.

Goalkeepers: Lloris, Landreau, Mandanda.

Defenders: Debuchy, Sagna, Koscielny, Sakho, Varane, Mangala, Digne, Evra.

Midfielders: Cabaye, Grenier, Matuidi, Mavuba, Pogba, M. Sissoko, Valbuena

Forwards: Benzema, Giroud, Griezmann, Rémy, Ribéry

The reserve list includes Southampton's Schneiderlin, Remy Cabella, Gonalons, Lacazette, Perrin, Ruffier and Tremoulinas

Has Deschamps just named a list of 30 which will then be whittled down or has he cut straight to the chase and named the 23+7. Thought Hodgson's way was very much the exception? Guess I'm missing something.

He was nattering about it just now on the main French News, and he was categoric that it's 23 firm choices plus 7 reserves, not a pot of 30 to select from. The seven will be training until 28th May, and will only replace drop-outs — Morgan won't be able to play his way in, it seems.

Because France have the likes of Yoann Cabaye and Paul Pogba to play in the same position.

He plays for saints which means he is the best player in the world in his position, up until he get linked with a move to a bigger club, then there is no point him joining them as he'll just be a squad player.

Anyway, well deserved, good player and not before time.

Excellent news, really pleased for Schneiderlin to have recognition at international level at last, would be great if a twist of luck he was able to be promoted to the 23 and get over to Brazil.

Talking to a couple of lads at work in London (Italian & German) both watch loads of football on tv , its definitely noticable how well known our players are now and how often the name of Southampton FC is mentioned in foreign press, Ralph Kruger said he wanted to increase our commercial operations and surely this World Cup is a golden opportunity to do this. Players involved with Japan, Uruguay, Croatia, France, news of Osvaldo missing out with Italy, all our England boys, theres never been a better opportunity to attract global interest plus players like Boruc being a big name in Poland.

If this World Cup can create a feelgood factor like Italia 90 or Euro 96 the clubs marketing department should be ready to cash in.

Excellent news, really pleased for Schneiderlin to have recognition at international level at last, would be great if a twist of luck he was able to be promoted to the 23 and get over to Brazil.

Talking to a couple of lads at work in London (Italian & German) both watch loads of football on tv , its definitely noticable how well known our players are now and how often the name of Southampton FC is mentioned in foreign press, Ralph Kruger said he wanted to increase our commercial operations and surely this World Cup is a golden opportunity to do this. Players involved with Japan, Uruguay, Croatia, France, news of Osvaldo missing out with Italy, all our England boys, theres never been a better opportunity to attract global interest plus players like Boruc being a big name in Poland.

If this World Cup can create a feelgood factor like Italia 90 or Euro 96 the clubs marketing department should be ready to cash in.

Whose the favourite in this french squad for a world cup hissy fit resulting in them losing to cr*p teams and going out at the first round.

I think I am going for Franck Ribery and Benzema on this one, plenty of prostitutes in Brazil so not letting them out to sample them could rock the boat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548754/French-footballers-cleared-having-sex-underage-prostitute-gone-Lagerfeld-fashion-muse.html

Whose the favourite in this french squad for a world cup hissy fit resulting in them losing to cr*p teams and going out at the first round.

I think I am going for Franck Ribery and Benzema on this one, plenty of prostitutes in Brazil so not letting them out to sample them could rock the boat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548754/French-footballers-cleared-having-sex-underage-prostitute-gone-Lagerfeld-fashion-muse.html

I think I've called it, from today's guardian - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/16/didier-deschamps-samir-nasri-girlfriend-france

"In a press conference on Friday, Deschamps fielded questions about his squad's behaviour. However when it was pointed out that there was a brothel 500m from the squad's Brazilian base in Ribeirao Preto, the former France captain reacted angrily."

He has joined the French training camp today and is doing a press conference with DD at the moment.

Hmmm honest but always correct as per usual.

Schneiderlin : «Je sais qu'il y a beaucoup de spéculations autour de mon transfert. J'ai encore trois ans de contrat, mais mon avenir ne dépend pas de moi. Il faut qu'un club tombe d'accord avec Southampton, qui a une situation financière stable. Quand je regarde autour de moi, je ne vois que des joueurs qui jouent la C1, c'est un rêve, c'est la prochaine étape. Mon objectif, ce serait bien de jouer dans un club qui dispute le top 5. Pour la visibilité, c'est mieux aussi, mais par respect pour Southampton, je ne préfère pas dire que j'ai envie de partir. »

I know that there is a lot of speculation about my transfer, I've still got 3 years left on my contract but my future isn't in my hands. It needs a club to reach an agreement with Southampton who have a stable financial situation.When I look around me I only see players who are playing in the CL, it's a dream, it's the next step. My aim is certainly to play for a club who are playing for a place in the Top 5, it's better for being noticed as well, but out of respect for Southampton I prefer not to tell them that I want to leave.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Schneiderlin : «Je sais qu'il y a beaucoup de spéculations autour de mon transfert. J'ai encore trois ans de contrat, mais mon avenir ne dépend pas de moi. Il faut qu'un club tombe d'accord avec Southampton, qui a une situation financière stable. Quand je regarde autour de moi, je ne vois que des joueurs qui jouent la C1, c'est un rêve, c'est la prochaine étape. Mon objectif, ce serait bien de jouer dans un club qui dispute le top 5. Pour la visibilité, c'est mieux aussi, mais par respect pour Southampton, je ne préfère pas dire que j'ai envie de partir. »

I know that there is a lot of speculation about my transfer, I've still got 3 years left on my contract but my future isn't in my hands. It needs a club to reach an agreement with Southampton who have a stable financial situation.When I look around me I only see players who are playing in the CL, it's a dream. My aim is certainly to play for a club who are playing for a place in the Top 5, it's better for being noticed as well, but out of respect for Southampton I prefer not to tell them that I want to leave.

In other words, if a CL club wanted him he would want to go.

Can't blame him but it's a shame for it to be so plain. In a funny way that kind of honesty is rather refreshing!

In other words, if a CL club wanted him he would want to go.

Can't blame him but it's a shame for it to be so plain. In a funny way that kind of honesty is rather refreshing!

I think it's gone further than that already. reading between the lines this says to me, there are clubs who want me but I'm not going to ask for a transfer, the clubs have to work it out between themselves in such a way that Saints get a fair amount.

All of a sudden they all want out. What's going on? Schneiderlin has always been very loyal in the past.

He wants to play in the CL if possible and certain for a Top 5 PL club, he's made no secret of it all year, he gives a lot of interviews to the French Press...even to the Echo. Few other of our players do that, he must have a relatively limited freedom of expression clause. He wanted to go top 5 with Saints, it hasn't happened yet and like others he's afraid that it may well not ever.

I know that there is a lot of speculation about my transfer, I've still got 3 years left on my contract but my future isn't in my hands. It needs a club to reach an agreement with Southampton who have a stable financial situation.When I look around me I only see players who are playing in the CL, it's a dream, it's the next step. My aim is certainly to play for a club who are playing for a place in the Top 5, it's better for being noticed as well, but out of respect for Southampton I prefer not to tell them that I want to leave.

Thanks for the translation. Out of curiosity, is he referring to Southampton as having 'a stable financial situation' or is he seeking a club that has one?