Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

Unless you start paying stupid wages nobody will stay.

It's not about salaries, it's about progression in football. Top players want to play in top competitions, you could pay Messi all you want but he'd never play for mid-table PL Southampton. If you have major nation internationals in your side our target has to be the CL every season, even if you fail at the end and only get EL. You do not ruin their season by making them play with dross like Gazzaniga or Hooiveld.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Im sure Les said a couple of weeks back he was looking forward to introducing our new players to us in early July at one of the home friendlies

we have good replacements lined up. Guan knows who we have got . I bet he is bursting at the seems to tell us all

Just be patient

PS can we have a collection to get Saintrichmond treatment hes seems to have a severe case of Alpinitis

For me it is wishful thinking believing the replacements will be better than those leaving. For a start, those leaving are integral to what has been achieved here over the past few years and know the league. Many of the replacements are likely to be from other leagues and we have seen both at Saints and other clubs that they can be hit-or-miss signings. We always get told by people on here and in the media at large that imports need time to adjust and with, what seems to be, half the team leaving (and so far all of them have been English) we cannot afford giving them all time to adjust. I am sure that some of the new signings will be a success but equally sure some will be a failure. What is sure to me is that, with these three departures, the squad is significantly weaker. My assessment is that the three most important players in the team have now gone. We were generally awful down the left side when Shaw was out last season. When Oswaldo played instead of Lambert the team looked unbalanced. We dominated many games but failed to make it count so often and now we are removing the most talented 'creator' in Lallana. My confidence level is not high for next year.

It isn't just a truism that players from other leagues take time to adjust. Some players are superb for one team and then fail to make an impact at another club even in this country at the top level. Torres springs immediately to mind. Liverpool and Man Utd are buying Lallana and Shaw based on what they did for us, but that doesn't mean that they will produce the same impact there, they are bought speculatively, as will our replacements of them be. Lovren was a player who adjusted to playing here right away, so that is seen as a plus for other PL wishing to buy him, but he was seen as a bit of a misfit at Lyon. For every failure to adapt to playing here from abroad like Osvaldo, there are examples of players picked up at a relative pittance who set the league on fire.

The English Premier League isn't the force it was, with Spain and now Germany becoming more powerful rivals. When we played hardball with Liverpool and United over Shaw and Lallana' s fees, there were numerous suggestions of players who were thought to offer better value from abroad for much lower fees. These are the sort of player we should be looking at.

In Koeman, we have a manager renowned for his sides' attacking football. You rightly mention that we often dominated many games without making it count. Could it be that often Lallana had a powder puff shot on him, or that Lambert was increasingly having to go deeper to get the ball? There was also a valid criticism that we were too slow at getting the killer ball into the box, something that Rodriguez was capable of, but few other players. Yes, we were weak down the left flank when Shaw didn't play, but we're hardly going to have the likes of Fox deputising for him this coming season, are we? I'm quite optimistic that Koeman will be better tactically than the one dimensional Pochettino and will have studied videos of our matches assiduously to work out where our strengths and weaknesses lie. He will also be the sort of person with the knowledge of which players will remedy those shortcomings and he will have a big kitty to spend on getting them.

Maybe this would be a good time for the Chinese fella to put in a cheeky bid for the club. MLT?

Except he was never interested. Some weirdo here found a link between the guy and the area, wrote up a post, the moronic oversupply of sports journalists we have in this country came across it and wrote about it while playing Monopoly in the office.

Medical not so straight forward then, maybe a change of heart? Anyone heard any murmours on this?

Expect the scouse wit will come up for a song about it if he does fail. Probably something by Gerry & The Pacemakers.

Medical not so straight forward then, maybe a change of heart? Anyone heard any murmours on this?

Wonder how keen Liverpool are to insure that this goes through?

Is he having a transplant then? His heart clearly was not here, despite the sickening badge kissing.

Except he was never interested. Some weirdo here found a link between the guy and the area, wrote up a post, the moronic oversupply of sports journalists we have in this country came across it and wrote about it while playing Monopoly in the office.

So he didn't have a meeting with Cortese in London then....? :)

Can anyone explain to me the value of a contract in football?

Aye.

Players get one along with loads of wonga. They then can either let it run down so that the next club can give them even more wonga while their employer can't cash in on them, or they haggle when the contract still has some years to go so that they sign a new one and get even more wonga or act like everyone should be grateful for being able to cash in when they bugger off to get even more wonga shortly after having signed one that gave them more wonga than they were used to but not as much as their new employer is giving them.

I remember a few years ago, travelling to Exeter for a midweek game, and Lallana driving himself down there to support the team.

How times have changed. Now he changes the lives of Brazilian kids by kicking a ball with them, and hangs around with Gerrard.

F*cking big-headed c*nt. After years of having a soft spot for the scousers, I really hope they fail miserably next season. He is well suited to the classless club they now are. F*cking workshy, thieving bast* rds.

+100%

From what I say at the WC and the crappy warm up games a team with Old Man Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge and Lallana (minus that flesh eating **** Suarez) in the team is nowt to worry about. They'll be too busy slapping each others back telling each other they are great.

From what I say at the WC and the crappy warm up games a team with Old Man Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge and Lallana (minus that flesh eating **** Suarez) in the team is nowt to worry about. They'll be too busy slapping each others back telling each other they are great.

I bet the w@nkers will wear white suits to a Wembley final. C*nts.

It's not about salaries, it's about progression in football. Top players want to play in top competitions, you could pay Messi all you want but he'd never play for mid-table PL Southampton. If you have major nation internationals in your side our target has to be the CL every season, even if you fail at the end and only get EL. You do not ruin their season by making them play with dross like Gazzaniga or Hooiveld.

Please tell me which different competitions Luke Shaw will be playing in next season.

Please tell me which different competitions Luke Shaw will be playing in next season.

you think he moved just for next season

within the next 3 years, I suspect he WILL be playing champions league football and have won a major english trophy

that simply would not happen at saints (or highly unilikely)

Can anyone explain to me the value of a contract in football?

A contract is something that your own players should always honour, but players you want to sign can break theirs. In simple terms Adam is a big headed **** and Liverpool a load of ******s for signing him, but jrod just wanted to play for a bigger club and we were perfectly within our rights to make an offer to Burnley.

Hope this helps.

within the next 3 years, I suspect he WILL be playing champions league football and have won a major english trophy

No I don't.

I believe he went for an obscene salary and that alone.

No I don't.

I believe he went for an obscene salary and that alone.

You honestly believe a professional footballer who has been dedicated to playing his whole life isn't interested in winning the Premier League or Champions League? Money is all he cares about.

You honestly believe a professional footballer who has been dedicated to playing his whole life isn't interested in winning the Premier League or Champions League? Money is all he cares about.

If he's that desperate to get in the CL, why hasn't he gone to Chelsea/ Man City/ Arsenal/ Liverpool/Celtic/ Bayern/DortmundPSG/Ath. Madrid/Barca/Real etc.

Perhaps he's got a really sh ite agent who just got him in the first club that asked him. Or.... he's gone for the one that offered him the most Wonga. I'm not saying its wrong, but save me the pious sanctimony about his career.

I sincerely hope that the board created a situation in which AL was forced to submit a transfer request (thereby forfeiting potential loyalty payments - this is how it works, right?), if only to offset some of the damage caused by Bournemouth's sell-on-fee. You'd think that with a long-term contract being penned last summer that the board were in a strong enough negotiating position to instigate such a scenario. Furthermore, given that it was reported that we rejected £25m initially, it is safe to assume that the terms of the £25m have been renegotiated (i.e. more up front)? *cough* Guan *cough*

If he's that desperate to get in the CL, why hasn't he gone to Chelsea/ Man City/ Arsenal/ Liverpool/Celtic/ Bayern/DortmundPSG/Ath. Madrid/Barca/Real etc.

Perhaps he's got a really sh ite agent who just got him in the first club that asked him. Or.... he's gone for the one that offered him the most Wonga. I'm not saying its wrong, but save me the pious sanctimony about his career.

maybe because chelsea didnt come in for him?

he will play champions league in the next 3 years and in the mean time. become a multi millionaire and play for one of the biggest sporting clubs on the planet

not really difficult to grasp, IMO

It feels like that critical climax* when you finally uncover that your spouse is cheating on you. You've heard the rumours, the sudden late nights, the failing sex drive, the photos on facebook with her clubbing with a handsome man, the scores of friends telling you she is having an affair. Slowly these rumours mount up and you start to suspect that maybe is not all well with them and they will soon be moving on. And this is upsetting, tearing you apart and thinking the worse. However, it is not till the moment that they are actually gone to their new partner that you realise that in fact, you didn't care quite as much as you initially thought, and it doesn't quite hurt as much. I was fearing the worse when the rumours about Lallana started spreading just before the world cup, thinking that they would be the last straw for me and football. But in truth, he hasn't felt like our player for over a month now, and, as I've just discovered today, I don't really care. He's the past now, and someone else equally great will take his place, whether that be this transfer window or in 2 years time.

*of the worst kind

maybe because chelsea didnt come in for him?

he will play champions league in the next 3 years and in the mean time. become a multi millionaire and play for one of the biggest sporting clubs on the planet

not really difficult to grasp, IMO

So he will become a "multi millionaire". My point exactly.

Would he only get to play in the CL in the next 3 years, unless he left right now. Somehow doubt that.

If you don't think Chelsea haven't made any enquiry about him, then your "grasp" really needs checking. Please make sure you are not contradicting yourself again on a different thread.

He will also most likely be at Manure for the remainder of his career, as do many of their young signings.

So he will become a "multi millionaire". My point exactly.

Would he only get to play in the CL in the next 3 years, unless he left right now. Somehow doubt that.

If you don't think Chelsea haven't made any enquiry about him, then your "grasp" really needs checking. Please make sure you are not contradicting yourself again on a different thread.

according to all reports, chelsea have not bid. they have a brilliant left back in Azapillicueta (sp)

Seems these deals have been done for a while and the fans have been played for fools. Any players we get in now will be a risk and it could be a very difficult year. I'm pretty disappointed to be honest because even though I expected them both to leave, I would have thought we would have done our business first. It's going to be very hard to convince players of our ambition now.