Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

In the grand scheme of things £55mill for Shaw and AL is a cracking bit of business,one has played 60 games scored 0 with 0 assists,the other can't even finish 90 mins (I know they are better than the stats)

Anyone that says we cannot replace them for that kind of money is mad.

I assume the figures of £70mill kitty last week included the sales of these two.

Pangy, are you aware that Lallana has covered the second most distance of any player at the world cup this season.... second to Jedinak by a small margin? Now, does that sound like a player with fitness/stamina issues.

Pangy, are you aware that Lallana has covered the second most distance of any player at the world cup this season.... second to Jedinak by a small margin? Now, does that sound like a player with fitness/stamina issues.

How can that be, he only started one game! Does it include flights to liverpool?

Edit: oh i get what you mean, I'm such dumbass :(

Seems these deals have been done for a while and the fans have been played for fools. Any players we get in now will be a risk and it could be a very difficult year. I'm pretty disappointed to be honest because even though I expected them both to leave, I would have thought we would have done our business first. It's going to be very hard to convince players of our ambition now.

Agree 100%.

I actually think it's better that players leave sooner than later, to prevent them influencing or disrupting the dressing room any more than necessary once pre-season starts. I agree that it is also ideal to get new players in as soon as possible, but these are two separate things, and I would be amazed if we're not already working on bringing players in, it's just that we don't know about it yet.

I don't think it will be that hard to convince many players to join us - if a player is ambitious, they'll know that they have an opportunity to come in a fill the hole left by Shaw or Lallana and cement their place in a decent side. Not to mention playing for Koeman, which I think will be a draw.

You can spin these things either way, I'll always have a positive spin, others won't. Proof of the pudding, etc...

Seems these deals have been done for a while and the fans have been played for fools. Any players we get in now will be a risk and it could be a very difficult year. I'm pretty disappointed to be honest because even though I expected them both to leave, I would have thought we would have done our business first. It's going to be very hard to convince players of our ambition now.

Wow, unrealistic expectations.

I actually think it's better that players leave sooner than later, to prevent them influencing or disrupting the dressing room any more than necessary once pre-season starts. I agree that it is also ideal to get new players in as soon as possible, but these are two separate things, and I would be amazed if we're not already working on bringing players in, it's just that we don't know about it yet.

I don't think it will be that hard to convince many players to join us - if a player is ambitious, they'll know that they have an opportunity to come in a fill the hole left by Shaw or Lallana and cement their place in a decent side. Not to mention playing for Koeman, which I think will be a draw.

You can spin these things either way, I'll always have a positive spin, others won't. Proof of the pudding, etc...

This.

I heard from someone who knows his wife, some time ago, that he was going. The quote was "Money Talks". Where's the loyalty in that. However, we should remember that he stuck with us through the low points and could have easily gone sooner. Let's thank him for his great service and wish him luck in his new career.

Wow, unrealistic expectations.

Well spurs managed it last season eve if their choice of players was flawed. We are really going to have to cross our fingers that a high percentage of transfers in work out because we can't afford any duffers in the scale of ramirez, osvaldo etc. Players will need to hit the ground running and won't have as much time to learn the prem as they may have had in our team last year. This could get difficult...

I don't blame Lallana for moving one bit and would hope he gets the decent reception he deserves when we play them.

He has been good for us, we have been good for him and he has always given 100% for us and been low maintenance.

He has left for a chance to earn more money, play in the Champions League and a good chance to win trophies. Fair play to him.

I heard from someone who knows his wife, some time ago, that he was going. The quote was "Money Talks". Where's the loyalty in that. However, we should remember that he stuck with us through the low points and could have easily gone sooner. Let's thank him for his great service and wish him luck in his new career.

VMAN told us he was going, long long ago. Some didn't like that and turned on the poor bloke.

Utterly and totally agree.

I was totally against all the tosh from Ralf at the start, he waffled a load of crap. But Les Reed has been true to his word. We secured a top, top quality manager. We got the best deals for players who wanted to leave, be assured that if they didn't want to leave, they'd still be here. We did the deals on our terms and in our time-frame. Anyone would have been naive to think they wouldn't have happened, but the club have stuck to their guns to get these sorted at the times which suited then.

I'm also reassured and somewhat excited that the majority of this will be reinvested back into the first team. It's of course a shame we are seeing a good team taken apart, but as I said above - the players made it plainly clear that they wanted to go, therefore we had no choice but to ensure we got the best possible deal.

I think we can come out stronger from all of this. Koeman is a name who will attract attention and players - of that I'm sure. It may be a bumpy ride next year, but I think long-term we will build again. It's not the complete collapse that I assumed it was going to be at the start.

I don't blame Lallana for moving one bit and would hope he gets the decent reception he deserves when we play them.

He has been good for us, we have been good for him and he has always given 100% for us and been low maintenance.

He has left for a chance to earn more money, play in the Champions League and a good chance to win trophies. Fair play to him.

Good for you, I hope the little ***** fails miserably, and gets the reception, sorry the abuse the big headed **** deserves. Same goes for that cock Shaw. I don't want to see them clapping us in some show of faux respect when they play us. I want them to know exactly how we see them. I'm fed up with being ****ed on and told it's raining.

I was totally against all the tosh from Ralf at the start, he waffled a load of crap. But Les Reed has been true to his word. We secured a top, top quality manager. We got the best deals for players who wanted to leave, be assured that if they didn't want to leave, they'd still be here. We did the deals on our terms and in our time-frame. Anyone would have been naive to think they wouldn't have happened, but the club have stuck to their guns to get these sorted at the times which suited then.

I'm also reassured and somewhat excited that the majority of this will be reinvested back into the first team. It's of course a shame we are seeing a good team taken apart, but as I said above - the players made it plainly clear that they wanted to go, therefore we had no choice but to ensure we got the best possible deal.

I think we can come out stronger from all of this. Koeman is a name who will attract attention and players - of that I'm sure. It may be a bumpy ride next year, but I think long-term we will build again. It's not the complete collapse that I assumed it was going to be at the start.

Totally agree with that as well.

Good for you, I hope the little ***** fails miserably, and gets the reception, sorry the abuse the big headed **** deserves. Same goes for that cock Shaw. I don't want to see them clapping us in some show of faux respect when they play us. I want them to know exactly how we see them. I'm fed up with being ****ed on and told it's raining.

Haha! I wouldn't go that far, but as soon as they are gone, they are gone and I don't care about them any more......With the exception of Rickie.

I dont understand why lallana is getting so much stick.

He could of left when we were in admin, but he stayed loyal and has had two good seasons as a prem player with us and gave so much.

Where as Shaw has one full season with us and jumps at the first chance. But gets no stick even gets good luck messages.

We have given shaw 10 years he has given us 1 and a half seasons. We picked him up when he was rejected by chelsea.

For me Lallana goes with best wishes from me for what he has done for the club along with lambert, shaw owes us alot more imo.

He could of left when we were in admin, but he stayed loyal and has had two good seasons as a prem player with us and gave so much.

Where as Shaw has one full season with us and jumps at the first chance. But gets no stick even gets good luck messages.

We have given shaw 10 years he has given us 1 and a half seasons. We picked him up when he was rejected by chelsea.

For me Lallana goes with best wishes from me for what he has done for the club along with lambert, shaw owes us alot more imo.

Shaw owes us a lot more? How much more than£30m do you want?

to contrast the two transfers, the shaw camp has kept a dignified silence whilst the lallana camp has agitated in public

This. Completely

We've made 55m today as a club, think about that for a minute

Agree - the fixation with Shaw's 'dignified silence' is pure and utter bunkum.

We couldn't reasonably expect to keep hold of shaw and lallana not bothered about. 25m for a player who can't head, last more than 60 minutes and has one good season at 25 years old is very good business. As long as we spend the money well we'll be stronger.

We couldn't reasonably expect to keep hold of shaw and lallana not bothered about. 25m for a player who can't head, last more than 60 minutes and has one good season at 25 years old is very good business. As long as we spend the money well we'll be stronger.

Lallana's flaws that no one seemed to mention before this liverpool saga started.

Suppose Shaw is young, no expierence in europe, never scored, never had an assist

This. Completely

We've made 55m today as a club, think about that for a minute

Brilliant, maybe they can put all that money in the middle of st Mary's and we can all come and watch it.

I don't blame the club in this by the way, they've acted with dignity and have done the best they can in a scrap situation. I blame the fact and premier league and to some extent UEFA for allowing the big clubs to take control and kill any competition or ambition any other club may have.

Haha! I wouldn't go that far, but as soon as they are gone, they are gone and I don't care about them any more......With the exception of Rickie.

You still feeling a bit of Man Love for him too? Can't help but love the bloke and wish him all the best, the other 2 have made their bed, now they can lie in it.

The expectations from both sets of supporters will be high, given the amount each player has cost. Not sure they'll be walking into such closely bonded squads as they had at SFC, far too many egos at play, settling in might be harder than they realise.

Shaw owes us a lot more? How much more than£30m do you want?

to contrast the two transfers, the shaw camp has kept a dignified silence whilst the lallana camp has agitated in public

Totally agree. It looks like Utd have done their business with Saints in a professional manor on the other hand AD and theifpool have conducted themselves very poorly. Why go there anyway only going to be in the CL for one season anyway

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

27m for Shaw

(0.75 x 25m) for Lallana.

Jesus, this site is devoid of maths ability as well as being illiterate.

Devoid of tolerance too it seems.

No one actually knows the fees yet, and it could be that Bournemouth's share is separate. We don't know yet.

But don't let that stop you dishing out yet more abuse to people.

So Alpine....you underwrote those transfers and know exactly how much we received? No, didn't think so.

All reports are stating at least 30million + add ons for Shaw

4 million for Lambert

say 18 million net for Lallana = more than your calculations for sure.

So Alpine....you underwrote those transfers and know exactly how much we received? No, didn't think so.

4 million for Lambert

BBC says 27 million for Shaw...who knows what the real figure is, we'll beef it up, they'll play it down. Who knows when we'll actually get the amount as well, bit down, bit next year.Totally unknown.

Sorry but whether lallana is worth 10, 15, or 30 mil is not the point. What we accept is all about what it would cost us to find a replacement equal to or better than him who would be willing to come here... To ensure we carry on progressing... Same with Shaw. The price is not what he is worth but what we think would allow us to find an equal replacement after, agents fees and sign on and bonuses have been taken care of... If we don't replace with equal or better we go backwards.

too many seem to now accept that there is nothing anyone can do, that unless a club spends 200mil, they will never get better than 8/9th and accept players will leave .... Sorry but we can, we can keep them and get them to honour there contracts and invest modestly to build on last years progress. The club just needs to have the balls to do it.

Fans are complicit in what the prem has done to football if are ' accepting' that it's just the way things are...

There is nothing we can do because those players are human beings with the right to make their own choices.

Forcing players to stay - the pub idiots' solution of "let em rot in the farking reserves" or "just say farking tell everyone to fark orf" is not how business or sport works in the western world in 2014.

They want to play for bigger clubs for more money. Good luck to em. We've done as well as we can with the cash in.

So, how do you propose "we" go about not "accepting" this, or not being "complicit" in it? Keep it brief.

**** him, we knew he was off anyway. In a weird sort of way, I'm quite excited about next season, just for the fact that we might be lining up against Liverpool with 4/5 new players that aren't with us yet. There's been a lot of names mentioned, but have a feeling we might get some new faces in who haven't been on people's radar. I genuinely believe Reed and others will have been working just as hard on bringing in players as they have been on negotiating player exits. Ultimately, I'd much rather keep Lovren and Schneiderlin over Lallana and Shaw. Obviously no guarantees but there's going to be a lot of activity over the next 2 months

**** him, we knew he was off anyway. In a weird sort of way, I'm quite excited about next season, just for the fact that we might be lining up against Liverpool with 4/5 new players that aren't with us yet. There's been a lot of names mentioned, but have a feeling we might get some new faces in who haven't been on people's radar. I genuinely believe Reed and others will have been working just as hard on bringing in players as they have been on negotiating player exits. Ultimately, I'd much rather keep Lovren and Schneiderlin over Lallana and Shaw. Obviously no guarantees but there's going to be a lot of activity over the next 2 months

That'd be how I'm feeling. It's gonna be fun and lots to talk about on here for sure! If lovren and Morgan go I'd be really worried though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dazza the reason Fluor all the stick to llallana is he said he saints were his only club , just signed a new 5 year contract and said he wanted to end his career with us etc . He was club captain . He did the nauseating thing of kissing the club badge

and I thought he was disrespectful to all us fans at the club at the recent awards . You could tell then he was on the move .

So excuse us disgruntled fans I think we have every right to be angry

I. Hope he didn't get all the add ons and bonuses he had in his contract . And did the decent thing and didn't ask for them

He's made his bed now he can go and sleep on the Liverpool bench .

27m for Shaw

(0.75 x 25m) for Lallana.

Jesus, this site is devoid of maths ability as well as being illiterate.

So the whole site is illiterate is it? Except your measured, informed, articulate posts, I suppose...?

Would be funny, except that I think you might actually believe the stuff you write...

The reality is none of us know the exact numbers, as clubs rarely confirm amounts / contract arrangements to the public, so we are likely all wrong.

So the whole site is illiterate is it? Except your measured, informed, articulate posts, I suppose...?

Would be funny, except that I think you might actually believe the stuff you write...

The reality is none of us know the exact numbers, as clubs rarely confirm amounts / contract arrangements to the public, so we are likely all wrong.

Alpine is a hateful, trolling miserable waste of skin.

Quite a lot of skin, apparently.

There is nothing we can do because those players are human beings with the right to make their own choices.

Forcing players to stay - the pub idiots' solution of "let em rot in the farking reserves" or "just say farking tell everyone to fark orf" is not how business or sport works in the western world in 2014.

They want to play for bigger clubs for more money. Good luck to em. We've done as well as we can with the cash in.

So, how do you propose "we" go about not "accepting" this, or not being "complicit" in it? Keep it brief.

Liverpool told a bigger, richer club to 'fark orf' when Suarez wanted to leave and almost won the league.

Plenty of clubs do it. you tell the player no, they sulk a bit, then come the new season be professional and carry on performing as normal.

Edited by aintforever

Liverpool told a bigger, richer club to 'fark orf' when Suarez wanted to leave and almost won the league.

Plenty of clubs do it. you tell the player no, they sulk a bit, then come the new season be professional and carry on performing as normal.

The clue is in the post. "Liverpool" (wee bit bigger than us) and "Almost won the league" (because they are, like, Liverpool).

And this "bigger, richer club" was....Arsenal. Yeah. About the same difference as us and Man U, then.

5 year plan has finished - there's now a 3 year plan - whatever it might be.

Just like AL and LS have no loyalty to us, nor do I to them - may they crash and burn in their first season - I'll certainly not welcome them back when LFC or MUFC play here. RL is borderline.

Bring on the new era for Saints - who knows where the journey will take us, but I'll be there.

5 year plan has finished - there's now a 3 year plan - whatever it might be.

Just like AL and LS have no loyalty to us, nor do I to them - may they crash and burn in their first season - I'll certainly not welcome them back when LFC or MUFC play here. RL is borderline.

Bring on the new era for Saints - who knows where the journey will take us, but I'll be there.

This

4 million for Lambert

The comments were "we've made 55m today"

We havent. Nowhere near it. But dont prevent that from twisting the discussion in the name of a good dig...

Devoid of tolerance too it seems.

No one actually knows the fees yet, and it could be that Bournemouth's share is separate. We don't know yet.

But don't let that stop you dishing out yet more abuse to people.

Knock it off, Minty.

I dont see you jumping in when I am being called all the names under the sun.

Your halo is a load of bullsh*t.

Nicely timed double player sale after the plea to buy season tickets last week. The club have concentrated on our history! (See Keegan & Newcastle in 1982).

Shame to see Adam & Luke go, I just hope this is it now. Great to have such a productive academy, just a pity it'll only really be a breeding site for the big boys but I guess that's football nowadays. Looking forward to seeing how Ronnie spends the cash. Les promised exciting signings, I truly hope they are.