Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

I will be well ****ed off if llanana and shaw say they thank the saints fans and wish saints all the best for the future

Money grasping , disrespectful players,

enjoy the money why you can , but do not talk about loyalty and wanting to spend the rest of your career at saints , they do not understand the meaning of loyalty

Loyalty doesn't exist anymore. FACT.

No point moaning about it- just how it is.

I will be well ****ed off if llanana and shaw say they thank the saints fans and wish saints all the best for the future

lol prepare urself viking cos we are definitely about to get our collective tummies tickled with mealy-mouthed platitudes

If players want out...get out...theres no going back as far as im concerned. After these players intentions were evident, i would struggle to watch them again in a saints shirt and believe their sincerity; especially one being our captain. This is astronomical money for a left back who aint exactly roberto carlos and a midfielder at his maxima. Can AL get better..i doubt it...once you're sussed the pseudo-cryuff turn. I think fans have got to be patient now with the team and manager especially if things start poorly. The past several months have been unpresidented and trurbullent for saints fans but im confident we will come out of this a better club.

So much for building for the future

Well done SFC. You've conned the ST holders yet again

No one has been conned. Players leaving is disappointing, but anyone who thought no one would leave only conned themselves. The board have an overall strategy, part of that is clearly to make as much money from certain players *if* the club feel it is in their best interests to sell. Any club would do the same. Only time will tell if it works out for us, but to take such a suspicious view at this point takes a special kind of cynicism.

I am quite excited by this.

I mean, liverpool and united come calling we cant really do much

but £55m for two players

will be VERY annoyed if our transfer budget is not now north of £60m.....

I just get the feeling that we will do what we can to replace these players properly

unlike in the past

Hope we don't waste the money like Spurs did with the Bale Windfall

Just keep telling yourself what I do, that Koeman would not have bought into us if there was no hope.

I worry that the inherent Dutch ego would go in anyway with the belief they know best. To build a team to compete from the start is pretty tough. To lose the English element who know the club and game here is another unknown

@billysharp10: Adz & @LukeShaw3 have now left saints congrats you 2 good luck great moves and both deserve it,I'm not guna hardly know anyone on Tuesday ����

forgot about Billy, we're saved!!

Sharp and Mayuka front-line next season. Deadly.

I worry that the inherent Dutch ego would go in anyway with the belief they know best. To build a team to compete from the start is pretty tough. To lose the English element who know the club and game here is another unknown

Didn't we bring in a couple of Dutchman the last time we sold the family silver and were dependant on the academy? hope it is not a repeat

I remember everyone raving about the money we got for Shearer until Branfoot spent most of it on Dixon and Speedie

You have a great knack of finding more negatives to attach to the many that are already flying about Dunc! lol

Would anyone dare to compare Koeman with Branfoot?

Didn't we bring in a couple of Dutchman the last time we sold the family silver and were dependant on the academy? hope it is not a repeat

I think the last time we sold our star forward to Liverpool we spent a 90k of the incoming money on a Jamaican International

Seems a mistake to sell before you buy? If we look at players now, clubs will add 20% knowing we have just got circa £60 million in transfers in.
I don't think that matters a jot in this case. They all knew we were selling anyway.

I think the last time we sold our star forward to Liverpool we spent a 90k of the incoming money on a Jamaican International

You forgot to mention the fact he was an uninsured Jamaican international with a dodgy knee!

Exactly. I imagine a lot of players are going to have to be convinced to stay now. The question is do the players believe the board and their ambitions? Clearly three people now didn't and I expect that number to rise.

I think that you'll find that it had far more to do with personal greed and egos than with their ambitions.

Even though this has been predicted for a couple of months, there does seem an indecent haste about this, about a day after the humiliating return from a bit part in World Cup failure.

I think Ronnie has just said "Ah let 'em go!"

I don't just think he is sat on his backside at the nunnery!

No one has been conned. Players leaving is disappointing, but anyone who thought no one would leave only conned themselves. The board have an overall strategy, part of that is clearly to make as much money from certain players *if* the club feel it is in their best interests to sell. Any club would do the same. Only time will tell if it works out for us, but to take such a suspicious view at this point takes a special kind of cynicism.

Cynicism, or ignorance? Talk about counting his chickens before they're hatched. I suppose his trouble is that it doesn't matter who we sign as replacements, they could never be better than Lallana, Shaw and Lambert, just in the same way that Koeman can't hold a candle to Pochettino, eh?

Cynicism, or ignorance? Talk about counting his chickens before they're hatched. I suppose his trouble is that it doesn't matter who we sign as replacements, they could never be better than Lallana, Shaw and Lambert, just in the same way that Koeman can't hold a candle to Pochettino, eh?

many said MP could not be a scratch on adkins

Just keep telling yourself what I do, that Koeman would not have bought into us if there was no hope.

I agree. I don't think Koeman would knowingly come to a sinking ship

It of course hinges on the Quality of the replacements

As soon as Pochettino decides hoe many of "his" Team he wants to take to THFC, the better

Then RonCo can sort out HIS Team

Losing Lallana is a massive blow, but what worries me the most is the knock-on effect it could have. If I was Lovren, Morgan, J-Rod I'd be much more tempted to push for a move. And it's obvious that once a player gets an idea like that in their head, they're in the driving seat.

Bye then Adam you big head. I wish you none of the luck in the world.

a sentiment shared by many.

One good season, and he thinks he's definitely CL material. Who knows ? He might be, but on the other hand he may revert to the Lallana of the previous season, lots of fancy crap and no end product, that would be £25m well spent if he does !

Due to his heart condition perhaps, we stood by him knowing full well he could only ever play 60 minutes at 100% or 90 minutes at 50%.

Completely forgot about that

Serious question. (for those that are medically minded) Would that be a big deawback to LFC (if he can't play 90mins @ 100% ) ??

Knowing LFC, I expect they'll demand a 70% reduction in the transfer fee

25 mil for lallana is a bargain for lfc, worth 35 in my opinion. so who's next out, schneiderlin / lovren. i worry about the coming season, you can't throw a new team together in 2 months and expect to do well. Shame

25 mil for lallana is a bargain for lfc, worth 35 in my opinion. so who's next out, schneiderlin / lovren. i worry about the coming season, you can't throw a new team together in 2 months and expect to do well. Shame
not IMO, he may prove me wrong but to do so he will need to learn when to pass and how to shoot and head the ball. Kissing the badge is well rehearsed though

I remember a few years ago, travelling to Exeter for a midweek game, and Lallana driving himself down there to support the team.

How times have changed. Now he changes the lives of Brazilian kids by kicking a ball with them, and hangs around with Gerrard.

F*cking big-headed c*nt. After years of having a soft spot for the scousers, I really hope they fail miserably next season. He is well suited to the classless club they now are. F*cking workshy, thieving bast* rds.

many said MP could not be a scratch on adkins

Agreed. But then Pochettino was as much of an unknown quantity to many as Adkins was when he came here. Koeman is quite a different kettle of fish. Although nobody knows with any certainty how he will fare in the PL, nobody can say that he isn't a big name manager. From that perspective, people are entitled to view him as likely to be an upgrade on Pochettino, even after the success he achieved last season. I know a few Spurs fans who are already thinking that they would have preferred to have had Koeman instead of Pochettino.

For me it is wishful thinking believing the replacements will be better than those leaving. For a start, those leaving are integral to what has been achieved here over the past few years and know the league. Many of the replacements are likely to be from other leagues and we have seen both at Saints and other clubs that they can be hit-or-miss signings. We always get told by people on here and in the media at large that imports need time to adjust and with, what seems to be, half the team leaving (and so far all of them have been English) we cannot afford giving them all time to adjust. I am sure that some of the new signings will be a success but equally sure some will be a failure. What is sure to me is that, with these three departures, the squad is significantly weaker. My assessment is that the three most important players in the team have now gone. We were generally awful down the left side when Shaw was out last season. When Oswaldo played instead of Lambert the team looked unbalanced. We dominated many games but failed to make it count so often and now we are removing the most talented 'creator' in Lallana. My confidence level is not high for next year.

The trouble is even with money in the bank it is not easy to replace players with the calibre of the ones departing. If it was, L'pool and United would have circumnavigated us and bought the ones we presumably are eyeing up?

And when you think of the "success" of our scouting network you cannot but be concerned about the quality of our future purchases. For those with short memories I give you Mayuka,Forren,Gazzaniga,Osvaldo, Gaston and even Yoshida, what have we to show for the 37 million £ or so spent on those players.