The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

Could Dyche be tempted?

I doubt it.

I wont be getting Rafa or mancini. Why on earth would those managers come here. They play to win major trophies and titles. Not to maybe have a good cup run and bring through the next harrison reed

We need someone who will have the immediate respect of the players. Either a decent experienced manager, or someone who was a top class player ( a Shearer or G Neville).

Our squad is full of internationals now, unlike when Poch took us over. Different circumstances completely.

Get in someone like Lennon, McKay or McLaren and the chances of keeping key players goes for a Burton.

Just total speculation on my part but I have a feeling the new manager will be German, or German speaking (if I go on the recent Germanic board appointments of Hofstetter and Krüger). What is interesting but is probably in no way related is that Thomas Tuchel at Mainz effectively stepped down from his position a few days ago. The Mainz chairman is however refusing to terminate Tuchel's contract. This seems to suggest that Tuchel felt he need to make himself available yet the Mainz chairman knows that someone is interested in Tuchel and thus will not terminate his contract as he is hoping that Tuchels prospective new club will buy him out of the contract. This is of course pure guess work and Tuchel did say that he had planned to leave Mainz since last autumn. In any case, the guy has had a lot of success at a club in a similar position to Saints and qualified this season for the the Europa league (something MoPo couldn't do but will no doubt do at Spurs next season!). Would be a very exciting appointment imo (Tuchel has by many accounts been a greater success at Mainz than Klopp was).

Sounds exciting. Maybe he can replace Pochettino when he gets sacked in 18 months?

Dan Petrescu is a hard working and reasonably successful coach who left me with a good impression from his player days at the club. He's someone I reckon could do an excellent job as replacement for Pochettino if he leaves.

Dan Petrescu is a hard working and reasonably successful coach who left me with a good impression from his player days at the club. He's someone I reckon could do an excellent job as replacement for Pochettino if he leaves.

What style does he get his teams to play, Art?

How the hell can they seriously have Harry Redknapp at 25-1 ?

I mean thats so ridiculous on so many levels it defies belief.....i wouldnt waste a pound if they added four noughts to that !

It's just a random list of names for the most part, if anyone is silly enough to bet on them then that's their own stupid fault.

yeah i know but even so bookies usually do their homework on stuff like this to a degree.

Not really, it's just a list of pretty basic football names, a sort of invitation to make stupid bets if you like. Still as I have no sympathy for wagerers I don't really care, although they should be protected from themselves, much in the same way as other autodestruction addicts.

I'd go for Laudrup. Ticks most boxes that we need. High profile, success (9th place at Swansea with much less money and won a cup), decent transfer market (particularly strikers - Bony, Michu), similar style of play, played for Real, Juve, Barca so young players will look up to that, picked up and ran with a young British team (Dyer, Williams, Britton, Taylor etc), immediately available.

I'd go for Laudrup. Ticks most boxes that we need. High profile, success (9th place at Swansea with much less money and won a cup), decent transfer market (particularly strikers - Bony, Michu), similar style of play, played for Real, Juve, Barca so young players will look up to that, picked up and ran with a young British team (Dyer, Williams, Britton, Taylor etc), immediately available.

If this (and other reports) are true then I think we should stay well clear of him...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286

If Yankin was so good why have Spuds not gone for him?

Maybe it was a case of him not going for Spuds. At some stage, surely they will find it hard to employ a manager, unless they offer exceedingly good severance packages. Apparently MP's target for next season has been set as Top 4. Never have I wished for the established pecking order to be so immutable.

I love Saints, just hate football.

Need a manager who's going to follow the same principals as MP. i.e. the Bielsa way. How about this guy ? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2579229/Labelled-new-Jose-Mourinho-obsessed-Marcelo-Bielsa-sacked-Newport-But-Bahrain-coach-Anthony-Hudson-aiming-top.html

god no, he'll get us relegated, we'll get rope a doped like Derby did on Saturday.

Give him the money to buy the players he wants and have us performing like Middlesbrough in the mid-part of last decade and I shall be delighted.

Why would he get us relegated?

Ah people's memories. They were an absolute mess at the end. Focus on the uefa cup final, which was a good run, but still a cup. That dressing room was lost and they were going nowhere.

McLaren has helped his shattered reputation at Derby. If he leaves now he's a complete tool IMO. He can't just take short term success and try to move on off the back of it. He should finish the job, get them promoted next season then prove he's a premier league manager by keeping them up. THEN maybe other clubs will be looking at him.

And his record at FC Twente doesn't bare consideration either? A Middlesbrough fan I worked with was devastated when he left the Riverside, we could do far, far worse then appoint him.

He would continue to put across an ethos of technically good attacking play while also bringing through our academy players into the first team.

And his record at FC Twente doesn't bare consideration either? A Middlesbrough fan I worked with was devastated when he left the Riverside, we could do far, far worse then appoint him.

He would continue to put across an ethos of technically good attacking play while also bringing through our academy players into the first team.

This.