Good luck with the medical Rickie and good luck with your new club and thank you.

corsacar saint

Thank you Rickie for your 5 great seasons with our club. You have been a fantastic player, but even more importantly a genuinely nice man, both have made a very big impression on our loyal fan base. Good luck with your boy hood club, and best wishes for you and your families future.

I fully agree with your post corsacar saint.

I am sad he has is leaving but he epitomises all the good things in football , Has he only been with us five years, its seems like decades.

I will miss him, his smile an more importantly becuase he is a genuine person

Thanks for the memories

Total legend. Not only a good football player but a decent guy. A dying breed of person in the world of football today.

It is like a fairy tale and would only be complete if he scores the winning goal to lift the World Cup (Got to dream right....).

Wish him nothing but the best.

thanks for using us as a stepping stone

Ha ha, in this instance he has dragged the stone behind him up the ladder and leaves it up high :D

To me, football is about emotions and the story of Lambert is truly remarkable. Much as it leaves me with a knot in my stomach, the Liverpool twist cranks it up to 11. Gotta love the guy...

Any Saints fan that begrudges him this is a ****. If there was a player at Fleetwood (who have just got about 5 promotions in 6 years or something) who was a life long Saints fan but had been with Fleetwood through that journey and was in the final years of his career when Saints made an approach, do you think Fleetwood fans would begrudge him for going here? He has the chance to see out his playing days in the Champions League playing for Liverpool who are HIS team. As much as I'm disappointed, I'm not disappointed in him. I'm genuinely happy for him and I think if he's in the team against us next season, he should get the biggest cheer of any opposition player ever.

My favourite ever Saints player. The man's been a legend. Thanks for coming on this amazing journey with us, Rickie. All the best and congratulations on achieving your life long dream. The final chapter of The Rickie Lambert fairytale.

Completely agree, you will alwasy be a legend at Southampton, and like Theo, Alex and Gareth before you, you will be welcomed back to St Mary's everytime you play there.

Best of luck big man!

SRLSGM

I still don't get why Theo and Oxlade get a hero's reception when they return to St. Mary's. They both left us at the first chance.

It's going to be painful when Rickie scores against us next season.

thanks for using us as a stepping stone

Oh go away, this is worse than what GS did in the Guly Appreciation Thread.

Anyways, Lambert, you will forever be a legend here- I don't mind that he is going, completely understandable move.

I just hope he doesnt score against us!

5 years ago when he joined us in League One as a 28 year old striker, who'd never played at a higher level, he must have thought this was his last big move at that age. He was no doubt pinching himself when he first stepped out in the Premier League and in the past year he's scored on his England debut, he's going to the World Cup Finals in Brazil and now about to join his hometown club who'll be challenging for the title and Champions League next season. He's probably doubling his wages too. Dreams are made of this stuff.

He'll get a run-out in the cups and off the bench in the Prem and CL to play a role that may have seen the scallies pip Man City if they'd had a 'Rickie Lambert' back in May. He possibly had one year left in him at St Mary's, can't see any longer at Anfield, he'll be 33 in Feb and by the end of the season without the game time fitness levels may drop. But what an end to a career!

Cheers Rickie, it's been memorable, who could deny you this move?

Has helped earn this club 20 times more than he's being sold for and 100 times more than we paid for him. Has there ever been a better investment in a player at SFC?

A rare fairytale story in today's footballing world and don't begrudge him this final chapter.

All the best Rickie! Saints legend.

Has helped earn this club 20 times more than he's being sold for and 100 times more than we paid for him. Has there ever been a better investment in a player at SFC?

A rare fairytale story in today's footballing world and don't begrudge him this final chapter.

All the best Rickie! Saints legend.

Absolutely this.

Have I missed something?

Is playing on the bench most games at a top 6 club better than being the main man at Southampton where he could have solidified his status as a Legend?

Wrong move Rickie and you can say goodbye to your england place if you are not playing.

I would happily let every player play for their boyhood club if they give what Rickie has given us over 5yrs, he is a goal machine and that is no lie, his chance to conversion ratio must be really up there.

If he has half as many chance as sturridge for pool he will score f*cking tonnes from the bench.

Really happy for him but also agree it would of preferred it to be kept quiet until after the world cup so we could cheer for him.

He will forever be a saint, everyone else has had him on loan.

One of our all time greats, hope he does well at Liverpool (apart from against us of course). Will be interesting to see how they plan to use him at Liverpool. Surely they wont have Sturridge, Suarez and Ricky in the same Xv.. Not a bad super sub though.

Thank you Rickie for your 5 great seasons with our club. You have been a fantastic player, but even more importantly a genuinely nice man, both have made a very big impression on our loyal fan base. Good luck with your boy hood club, and best wishes for you and your families future.

Have to second that, however, I do feel worried for him as well, like where can you park a car in Liverpool?

What a true legend. I'm genuinely happy for the bloke as much as it hurts to lose him. Will always be welcome back. Hopefully he comes on against us so we can give him a clap.

So many highlights in his time with us. 2 promotions, JPT, 2 goals against the skates an opening goal for us at Wembley, the England call up and scoring with his first touch, his first PL goal at Man City and so much more. A player I will tell my kids and grandkids about. Right up there with Le Tiss.