Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

You're not a realist, you're a pessimist.

It wasn't a rant, but an analogy.

I'll accept what I consider to be reasonable, not what you tell me.

Shaw is probably going to be the best LB for the next decade, but isn't irreplaceable at this current time. From what I've read, Tajit is better than powder-puff shot Lallana. Morgan, granted would be more difficult to replace; if he leaves. You haven't mentioned Lambert. Next you'll be telling me that we won't get a striker as good as him. And you seem to think that we will only just replace those players that have left and totally ignore the other signings that we needed to make anyway before those players left, you know, the additional signings that will strengthen the team. Or are Fox, Sharpe and Guly irreplaceable with better players too?

As I said, if you want to make up your mind with still some time to go, then fine. It might not be the intelligent appoach, but then it is yours.

Stop being silly to try and force what ever point it is you're trying to make.

It's obvious we won't sign better players than Shaw or Lallana, or Morgan if he goes. If that was possible I think other Champs League teams might be competing with us.

However, doesn't mean we won't sign other really good players and still have a very fun season. No reason why not. But the fact we'll have a weaker starting 11 is basically not up for debate or discussion, it's just sadly true.

Stop being silly to try and force what ever point it is you're trying to make.

It's obvious we won't sign better players than Shaw or Lallana, or Morgan if he goes. If that was possible I think other Champs League teams might be competing with us.

However, doesn't mean we won't sign other really good players and still have a very fun season. No reason why not. But the fact we'll have a weaker starting 11 is basically not up for debate or discussion, it's just sadly true.

It isn't obvious at all that we will fail to sign better players. You're making yourself look a fool by insisting that it is so. There are other CL clubs after some of the players claimed to be targets of ours, or didn't you notice? And foolsih also to concentrate your thrust solely on those players who have or might leave without taking into account whether the team might be strengthened by the replacement of other players not deemed to be good enough. Or is every member of the last team irreplaceable by somebody better?

The one advantage we have here is that Arsenal will be after better players than Morgan. I'd imagine Wenger considers him a back up option after Bender/Khedira (fair enough) but he wouldn't necessarily be cheaper.

http://cocorico-carioca.blogs.lequipe.fr/2014/07/morgan-schneiderlin-envie-de-revenir-tout-le-temps/

"A word about your future, you will always be a player Saints to recovery?We'll see. World Cup ends: we will have to ask the question. Today, I am still under contract with Southampton. I talked with the leaders, with the people around me. We'll see what happens. But I do not ask me a question today: I know that whatever happens, I must be happy. And I will be in good hands."

Un mot sur votre avenir : serez-vous toujours un joueur des Saints à la reprise ?

A word about your future: will you still be a Saints player at the start (of the season)?

I do hate on line translations when they balls it up so badly

http://cocorico-carioca.blogs.lequipe.fr/2014/07/morgan-schneiderlin-envie-de-revenir-tout-le-temps/

"A word about your future, you will always be a player Saints to recovery?We'll see. World Cup ends: we will have to ask the question. Today, I am still under contract with Southampton. I talked with the leaders, with the people around me. We'll see what happens. But I do not ask me a question today: I know that whatever happens, I must be happy. And I will be in good hands."

Sounds to me like he has reiterated to the club he'd like to play Champions League, but wont throw his toys out the pram if nothing comes along imminently. We have said if we receive an acceptable offer from a Champions League side he can go.

Sounds to me like he has reiterated to the club he'd like to play Champions League, but wont throw his toys out the pram if nothing comes along imminently. We have said if we receive an acceptable offer from a Champions League side he can go.

I imagine he is getting pressure from the French national side to go to a CL club.

I read it as:

A word on your future: Will you still be a Saints player at the start (of the season)?

We shall see. The World Cup is ending. It will be necessary to ask oneself the question. Today (at the moment), I am still under contract to Southampton. I have spoken about it with the directors, and with the people around me. We shall see what happens. But I'm not asking myself the question today. I know that whatever happens, I have to be happy. And I shall be in good hands.

Not sure it has been mentioned on here but Borussia Dortmund now being linked to Morgan.

The New international Morgan Schneiderlin should leave Southampton this summer. According to our informaitons the French middle interested four European clubs: Arsenal, Tottenham, Naples and Borussia Dortmund. Clubs who do not leave unmoved. However, it will convince the Saints let him go because the club has already transferred Luke Shaw (Manchester United) , Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana (Liverpool) .

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Quatre-clubs-sur-schneiderlin/480424

Absolutely, the FFF will be moving their players round the chess board again this summer.

Sissoko Monaco,Evra to Juve,Griezmann PSG, Debuchy.. Arsenal,Morgan..any one of 3, Lloris PSG, that leaves Remy and Valbuena to get themselves sorted with CL clubs and they'll have the complete set I think.

Especially with the euros in France they'll want all their players playing at the highest level they can !

Especially with the euros in France they'll want all their players playing at the highest level they can !

Which is why I think we are able to perhaps hold onto him for a further year. This year isnt a vital year as far as championships are concerned.

The other thing, for me, is if we sell Shaw, Lallana and Lovren all around 25-30m how much is Morgan worth !!!

I believe we can forget about Spuds interest. For Morgan, like Jack Cork, I don't think Pochettino was his flavor of the month. He's not had anything to say about him since Pochettino left as far as I have seen.

Which is why I think we are able to perhaps hold onto him for a further year. This year isnt a vital year as far as championships are concerned.

The other thing, for me, is if we sell Shaw, Lallana and Lovren all around 25-30m how much is Morgan worth !!!

Is Po even able to bid for any of our players or did his Saints contract impose a non aggression period on him?

If he were to leave us I would prefer for him to go Dortmund. I also think he would do well there. However, I doubt they would pay the price we will ask for him. Nor would Spurs (plus they are not in the CL and I doubt they will be next year either).

Arsenal could afford him, but they will have numerous other targets ahead of him.

I really hope he stays; at least for one more season.

surely we wouldn't sell to spurs? I can accept he's going, but hopefully not to that bunch of ****s.

Why would he go there to play for his former manager, when that manager probably won't be there after Christmas? And no prospects of playing CL football either.

According to the Express (????) fee agreed and discussing terms with Spurs - at an advanced stage. If true this is a disaster

Hardly a disaster Morgan is absolute quaility no doubt. However central midfield is probabaly our strongest area in the team Cork, Victor, Davis and JWP with Harrison Reed on the up is still a very good PL central midfield group. I'd be gutted to lose Morgan but reckon we can cope with him leaving better than other players who have left. Even if we didn't replace him our midfield is solid can't say the same for our attack and defence right now.

Perhaps I’m being daft but I keep thinking about the way Morgan made a point of running over to the manager after scoring against Newcastle, and this makes me think that, out of all our players, Morgan may be the one to end up following MP to Spurs. I hope I’m wrong.

Hardly a disaster Morgan is absolute quaility no doubt. However central midfield is probabaly our strongest area in the team Cork, Victor, Davis and JWP with Harrison Reed on the up is still a very good PL central midfield group. I'd be gutted to lose Morgan but reckon we can cope with him leaving better than other players who have left. Even if we didn't replace him our midfield is solid can't say the same for our attack and defence right now.

Agree with this, there are worse players to lose. Maybe not in terms of quality but in terms of ability to replace.

Bit of an odd choice for Morgan though...

I was gutted when Lambert went, primarily for sentimental reason. I was impartial to Luke leaving, he's only been involved for two seasons, and I don't think we can justify £30mil worth of full back in our small squad. I was annoyed by Adam leaving for his behaviour but felt he was replaceable. However if Morgan were to leave I would genuinely be worried about this season, whereas I'm currently very optimistic. I think he's the sort of player we could build our team around and that may make it a lot easier for new signings to bed in. To me, Morgan is the core and everyone else is replaceable, and it would be a huge blow to lose such an important player. He's irreplaceable (realistically).

I was gutted when Lambert went, primarily for sentimental reason. I was impartial to Luke leaving, he's only been involved for two seasons, and I don't think we can justify £30mil worth of full back in our small squad. I was annoyed by Adam leaving for his behaviour but felt he was replaceable.

I was the other way, i thought Adam would be most difficult to replace, or at least without making the team more bad. I didn't really see dumb board pulling a tadic out their collective arse (altho ain't it that he'll be playing Jay Rod position?) i feel now like he is gonna be nearly as good!

I was gutted when Lambert went, primarily for sentimental reason. I was impartial to Luke leaving, he's only been involved for two seasons, and I don't think we can justify £30mil worth of full back in our small squad. I was annoyed by Adam leaving for his behaviour but felt he was replaceable. However if Morgan were to leave I would genuinely be worried about this season, whereas I'm currently very optimistic. I think he's the sort of player we could build our team around and that may make it a lot easier for new signings to bed in. To me, Morgan is the core and everyone else is replaceable, and it would be a huge blow to lose such an important player. He's irreplaceable (realistically).

This. He masters a role that so few players can master.

Couldn't disagree more, Morgan's a linchpin. Without him the midfield is immobile/lacks fluidity.

We will have to disagree then. I wouldn't call Cork of Davis immobile myself and both are decent passers of the ball. As good as Morgan is I would rather have lost him (with our current midfield options) than have lost Adam

This is exactly how I feel. Yes we have some quality midfield players but he is an outstanding talent. He would walk into almost every team and within weeks secure his place as an automatic starter.

If we lose him, so be it but he is irreplaceable. And IMO is worth more than any of last year's team. Given Luke and Lallana have gone for their amounts, I believe he is worth way over 30m.

We will have to disagree then. I wouldn't call Cork of Davis immobile myself and both are decent passers of the ball. As good as Morgan is I would rather have lost him (with our current midfield options) than have lost Adam

Completely disagree, whilst we have options in midfield neither are of Morhans quality. We have tried Davis in MS' position and it just doesnt work, equally Cork and Victor have played a few games together but I remember at the time thinking we just arent as fluid in the transition as we are with Morgan, neither are we as sound defensively.

Whilst I can agree, we are likely to be able to cover his exit without a massive gap the quality will drop considerably. Lallana ws replaceable, with either an inform Ramirez or even with Tadic, after all, AL has only really been firing on all cylinders for around a calender year.

Morgan would get into any side in the prem, with perhaps the exception of Citeh, maybe even the majority of Europe. Woefully underrated IMHO

As saintWBU has said, and the poster above, if adam is worth 25m then Morgan must be around 40m easy. He is head and shoulders our best player

Edited by Smirking_Saint

££££££.

That's all they care about

I'm sick to death of people saying the players are leaving for money. Why did he stay so long? I guess to you it's coincidence that he's leaving now that the club's ambitions have been lowered.

Still, blame the players being money grabbing and ignore the quotes from the likes of lovren talking about the club's lack of ambition if it makes you feel better.

Perhaps I’m being daft but I keep thinking about the way Morgan made a point of running over to the manager after scoring against Newcastle, and this makes me think that, out of all our players, Morgan may be the one to end up following MP to Spurs. I hope I’m wrong.

He told the French press at the time of his recall that pochettino was the best manager that he'd ever had (or was it known). Owed his progress to him and also his international call-up.

What is more Lloris has just re-signed for 5 years at Spurs so it must be a FFF sanctioned club :smug:

I'm sick to death of people saying the players are leaving for money. Why did he stay so long? I guess to you it's coincidence that he's leaving now that the club's ambitions have been lowered.

Still, blame the players being money grabbing and ignore the quotes from the likes of lovren talking about the club's lack of ambition if it makes you feel better.

I cant help but agree a little here, its just head in sand saying its all money and CL

He's leaving now because one of the big boys, capable of paying him a 6 figure weekly salary, are now prepared to buy him. They haven't before.

And i'm not slating them for for moving for better money by the way. Just pointing out that IS why they're leaving. But you fall for Lovren'e bull**** if you want. I'd have more respect if they just came out and said they're leaving to treble their money, but they won't because it's bad PR. So instead they give you the champions league/lack of ambition nonsense and gullible fans like you swallow it all up.

I do love how its just bull**** and it can no one be a situation where there is a bit of both going on ?

****ing rediculous that we are all happy to merrily go along with any positive spin from anywhere but negative rumblings are met with cries of bull****. Now, Im not saying all is doom and gloom, but looking at player reactions and the way they are acting its pretty obvious all wasnt (or isnt) well in camp

Let's not suddenly declare disaster about something we've known is happening for ages. He isn't going to be with saints so get used to that. Lovren and Morgan were certain to go the moment Lallana and Shaw did.

I'd rather we get on with replacing them and looking forward than rehash the meltdown threads from Lallana, Shaw and Lambert sales.

The club need to get on with replacing them and looking forward, fans on a mongboard can react in anyway they like to their best players being sold off.

The club need to get on with replacing them and looking forward, fans on a mongboard can react in anyway they like to their best players being sold off.

But in Morgan's case I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to replace him with Reed. Not sure how that might work out.

I don't blame the players for wanting more money and the chance to play in the Champions League, if done in the right way, but Lovren's comments were a disgrace, simple as that. Edited by Sour Mash

When Morgan played for France in the World Cup, for me he was the stand out player for them. One only had to listen to the number of times his name was mentioned in the commentary as an indication of how much he contributed. It was his passing, tackling and closing down in the middle of the pitch that kept France ticking over so smoothly. Quite why Didier Deschamps then dropped him for the next matches, Christ alone knows. The man is an idiot.

I am still hopeful that Koeman can pursuade him that he can play a major part in our continuing upward trajectory and that the result would be that instead of using Arsenal or Spurs as a stepping-stone to the very biggest clubs, he could go directly to them in a year's time.

When Morgan played for France in the World Cup, for me he was the stand out player for them. One only had to listen to the number of times his name was mentioned in the commentary as an indication of how much he contributed. It was his passing, tackling and closing down in the middle of the pitch that kept France ticking over so smoothly. Quite why Didier Deschamps then dropped him for the next matches, Christ alone knows. The man is an idiot.

I am still hopeful that Koeman can pursuade him that he can play a major part in our continuing upward trajectory and that the result would be that instead of using Arsenal or Spurs as a stepping-stone to the very biggest clubs, he could go directly to them in a year's time.

I can help you here, Deschamp whilst being a good coach/national team manager is known for his fidelity to his binkies. Probably cost us the game against Germany, Sakho was fooked before the start but he's a DD binky so he started, cost us a substitution later on. Then we had Pogba and Matuidi, both excellent players but they looked ****ged out and did little, if DD had gone with Morgan instead of Matuidi and Sissoko instead of Pogba for the first 65 minutes or so France might have looked less knackered than they did.

Edited by Window Cleaner

The club's ambitions have been lowered? Since when? You know for a fact do you, that they are not any longer as ambitious to succeed as they were before? So Pochettino leaves and we appoint an even higher profile manager. Lallana leaves and we sign an even better player in Tadic. Such is our lack of ambition. Selling players like Lallana and Shaw to the glory teams doesn't demonstrate lack of ambition. It was as unavoidable as it was Liverpool keeping Suarez.

Best wait and see how we spend the barrow loads of dosh we got for them before concluding that we have lowered our ambitions.

But you're being a bit naive if you believe that players like Lallana and Lovren wanted out because they perceive that the club is less ambitious. It's just an excuse to justify them being greedy. If Morgan does go, I suspect that he will be more honest and cite other reasons, such as raising his profile enough to play for his country, desire to play in the CL, etc. At least he will be honest with us probably, and we wouldl respect him for it.