Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

Oooh. Now I know what people mean by tabloids just writing whatever the hell they want! The 'story' is supposedly about what MS has said. But not a single quote. Thank you for that example, reminded me why to steer clear of those rags.

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

Well its what we all expected I guess, I am of the opinion if they want out then let the bastards go. It would be nice now though amongst all the exodus for some rebuilding of decent replacements.

I am sure the club are trying but it seems deals will not be easy.

If they had any decency, Shaw and Lallana as well as Loves and Morgan, and as the Echo and others have said as well as myself, they should have the decency to talk to Koeman.

Well as it seems Lallana and Shaw were done deals before Koeman arrived that was never likely, despite Lallana's downright lie in front of a BBC camera saying that he was looking forward to meeting Koeman.

As for Lovren and Morgan we have no way of knowing that they will not talk to Koeman.

Lovren is on holiday so as yet there is no evidence of strike action and Morgan was only knocked out the World Cup just over 12 hours ago.

If I was Lovren I would love the opportunity to play under a manager who was one of the best and reached the highest level playing in my position, so much you could learn.

But most footballers do not think like that.

We need to see how those two, especially Morgan, play out over the next couple of weeks.

The supposed attitude of Morgan and lovren is shocking to be honest

Somehow I'm not shocked by lovren but Morgan is one of our more intelligent players who I would expect to actually want yo meet Koeman before reaching a final decision.

A headline this morning says Morgan will not be training with Saints. Has he actually said this publicly? When and if he does then he will receive the plaudits or brickbats as is the norm.

... for another 2 or 3 weeks while he has a holiday along with Dejan, Yoshi and Boruc.

How are " the dream is over" crowd going to sell this one. Did Rupey Lowe promise him cl football and kl has now crushed that dream.

Schneiderlin, who was voted the Players' Player and Fans' Player of the Year on Tuesday, admitted the doubt surrounding the positions of Cortese and Pochettino was worrying.

Asked how the squad would react if both men left this summer, Schneiderlin said: "It would put everything in question again for every single player.

"The chairman and Mauricio Pochettino are a big part of this club. They are selling the project to us and that's why I signed a new contract, as well as other players doing the same.

"He is very supportive of the chairman so I am not surprised (by his comments).

"All the players are here because we trust Southampton is going to move forward so it would be a very disappointing if that (their departure) was to happen."

Somehow I'm not shocked by lovren but Morgan is one of our more intelligent players who I would expect to actually want yo meet Koeman before reaching a final decision.

Why? What difference does it really make. We are going to be worse than last year, not better, so if he was hoping to challenge for Europe then moving is the only way to do that. Can't blame him for wanting out.

That's all well and good S-C but the fact remains that those who have jumped already, and those wanting to jump have not spoken with the new manager and don't know what the thoughts are.

I don't think anyone should have been sold until they returned to training and had met/spoken to the new manager. It looks like letting lambert go so early seems to have opened the stable doors.

I don't think anyone should have been sold until they returned to training and had met/spoken to the new manager. It looks like letting lambert go so early seems to have opened the stable doors.

Nonsense

Exactly what I said would happen, lose 1-2 and the pack of cards crumbles. The board needs bottle now, stand firm on Morgan and Lovren, its not a championship year this year after all. Tell them that we will rebuild, and if we dont progress they are free to leave next year.

They are, after all, under contract, as much as they can go on strike, essentially that means no pay.

Morgan will be the biggest loss

Exactly what I said would happen, lose 1-2 and the pack of cards crumbles. The board needs bottle now, stand firm on Morgan and Lovren, its not a championship year this year after all. Tell them that we will rebuild, and if we dont progress they are free to leave next year.

They are, after all, under contract, as much as they can go on strike, essentially that means no pay.

Morgan will be the biggest loss

I am with you on this. By all means Lovren and Morgan can go after this season or in Jan, but we cannot risk our, premiership status.

From a commercial point of view having these two un-cup tied in European competitions will only add to their value in the Winter transfer window.

I am with you on this. By all means Lovren and Morgan can go after this season or in Jan, but we cannot risk our, premiership status.

From a commercial point of view having these two un-cup tied in European competitions will only add to their value in the Winter transfer window.

Exactly, I can understand why they want out, I would, like I said loyalty abd ambition is two ways, the club possibly isnt (atleast openly saying it realistic or not) matching our top players ambition now, hence why Lallana and Shaw left.

120m however is a veritable warchest that spent correctly could make us stronger, Lallana is replaceable around 20-30m, Shaw is at his current level.

A few shrewd signings that adapt and it could be all change. You have to convince the players however, and you do that by spending and pushing for the same dream

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-plot-sami-khedira-transfer-3816130

Schneiderlin revealed he has spoken to new Saints manager Ronald Koeman – who has told the 24-year-old he wants him to stay. But Schneiderlin is non-committal until he knows whether Saints will invest from summer sales.

Schneiderlin said: “We have a lot of money coming in to the club and now it is up to the board to spend this money. I have seen how many players left the club. It is the club’s choice and I have nothing to say about their choice.”

Asked about Koeman, the Southampton star replied: “Yes he called me about a week ago, but what was said will stay between us.

“He wants me to stay and we’ll see. I don’t know yet. I still have three years’ contract at Southampton. Nothing has happened, I am going to relax and go on holiday and we will see.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-plot-sami-khedira-transfer-3816130

Schneiderlin revealed he has spoken to new Saints manager Ronald Koeman – who has told the 24-year-old he wants him to stay. But Schneiderlin is non-committal until he knows whether Saints will invest from summer sales.

Schneiderlin said: “We have a lot of money coming in to the club and now it is up to the board to spend this money. I have seen how many players left the club. It is the club’s choice and I have nothing to say about their choice.”

Asked about Koeman, the Southampton star replied: “Yes he called me about a week ago, but what was said will stay between us.

“He wants me to stay and we’ll see. I don’t know yet. I still have three years’ contract at Southampton. Nothing has happened, I am going to relax and go on holiday and we will see.”

Well, that isn't as bad as some of the reports. Sounds like he'll stay if we get a few good signings in.

Whilst I think Morgan is excellent, out of all the "star" names, he is probably the most expendable. In fact, we wouldn't even need to sign a centre mid.

Wanyama must start. That leaves Cork, Davis and JWP.

If we weren't looking at all the other departures as well and hadn't already raised a load of cash, I would say there is a fair amount of decent logic in taking 20 - 25 million for Morgan and converting that into attacking talent.

Have heard from my source at Spurs that Arsenal are in pole position to sign him and that the deal should be wrapped up within the next couple of weeks. Although he admires MP, he is desperate to play for Wenger and play in the Champions League

Have been told Arsenal have offered only £15 million, so don't expect him to go for any more than £20

Given we have money in the bank and he has been our spine for the past few seasons I'd be mortified if he went for under £20m.

This is VERY good news if true.

My assumption is Koeman is offering him captaincy. But it also sends the clear message to the Board: spend every penny from transfers and Premier a League money or else. Great test of our owner and Board's intent.

Over to you Les Reed.

Schneiderlin told players he wasn't returning to St Mary's but going away on vacation. The Daily Star report he's not closed the door using slightly different wording to the Mirror article.

Morgan Schneiderlin has told Southampton to splash the cash if they want him to stay at St Mary’s.

France star Schneiderlin, 24, looked on in despair as Luke Shaw, 18 joined Lambert and Lallana in quitting the club this summer.

Arsenal now hope to tempt midfielder Schneiderlin into joining the exodus with a £20million bid.

New boss Ronald Koeman wants him to stay but the star wants to see the Saints take major action in the transfer market before he decides.

Schneiderlin said: "I’ve seen how many players left the club. It’s a club choice and I have nothing to say about their choice.

"I have spoken to the manager and he wants me to stay. We’ll see. They have a lot of money now so it’s up to the board to spend it well."

Hopefully Koeman has offered him the armband and promised him big names coming in,I am hoping Morgan will give us one more season

Well, this could be quite comical

Koeman tries to talk Morgan into staying, and offers him the captaincy, and assures him new players are in the pipeline

Morgan thinks it over, and ends up saying OK

At that same time, Sir Les accepts an offer from Arsenal

Which will be a classic case of the left arm not knowing what the right one is doing

(By the way, this £50M-£100M transfer kitty we are supposed to have, where does that come from ? because NONE of it is coming from the Leibherrs coffers, is it ? )

Keep Morgan and make him Captain. He deserves it.

Can't believe some on here seriously think he's expendable. Yes we still have a good midfield but he's a critical part of it

Also nice to see he's showing a refreshing level of class in the way he's approaching the situation.

In my view this is a crucial test of the club's long term intent. Retain Morgan and I'm a whole lot more hopeful

Well, this could be quite comical

Koeman tries to talk Morgan into staying, and offers him the captaincy, and assures him new players are in the pipeline

Morgan thinks it over, and ends up saying OK

At that same time, Sir Les accepts an offer from Arsenal

Which will be a classic case of the left arm not knowing what the right one is doing

(By the way, this £50M-£100M transfer kitty we are supposed to have, where does that come from ? because NONE of it is coming from the Leibherrs coffers, is it ? )

Classic case of you making up scenarios that haven't happened and then getting furious about them.

Text book swivel eyed idiocy.

Oh, and "by the way", why should any money come from the "Leibherrs coffers"? What do they owe you or any of us?

Edited by CB Fry

Fair does to MS, at least he has spoken to the manager, which is rather more than AL (and LS) managed. However, there seems to have been an ultimatum delivered by a contracted employee to their employer

Like that never happens ?

And in this case I'm fine with what he's said and how he's approached it. He wants the club to spend the accumulated money from transfers, do well and have a bit of ambition. Nothing not to like about that IMHO !

Classic case of you making up scenarios that haven't happened and then getting furious about them.

Text book swivel eyed idiocy.

Oh, and "by the way", why should any money come from the "Leibherrs coffers"? What do they owe you or any of us?

I haven't made any scenarios up CB. Morgan IS thinking about staying. Reed HAS received an offer from Arsenal.

I think it would be quite amusing to see Reed accept an offer from Arsenal, on the day that Morgan tells Koeman he will stay.

The "monies" I referred to was mooted about some weeks ago. When Koeman was appointed, we were told that he would have a transfer kitty od some £50M

I'd just like to know where that was coming from. AS you have so rightly said, it won't be from the Leibherrs

(You need to try to wake up in a better mood CB. You must be a barrel of laughs on the school bus )

don't disagree, more really a reflection on the bizarre way the business runs. Do this sort of thing in any other business and you'd get a rather different result.

We all know it depends on reinvesting. Reed said that would happen. Reed has so far been pretty true to his word, despite what people might think about the departures, so there is no reason to doubt him (yet) on this.

Speaks of how bad this summer has been so far that Morgan stating he has spoken to the new boss (after Koemam called), and that he might stay if the board spend the money wisely, is now taken as a proof of class.

Edited by Toon Saint

I haven't made any scenarios up CB. Morgan IS thinking about staying. Reed HAS received an offer from Arsenal.

I think it would be quite amusing to see Reed accept an offer from Arsenal, on the day that Morgan tells Koeman he will stay.

The "monies" I referred to was mooted about some weeks ago. When Koeman was appointed, we were told that he would have a transfer kitty od some £50M

I'd just like to know where that was coming from. AS you have so rightly said, it won't be from the Leibherrs

(You need to try to wake up in a better mood CB. You must be a barrel of laughs on the school bus )

The most miserable, ranting doom mongering lunatic on the forum telling me to cheer up. Alright then.

You have completely made up a scenario just to get cross about. Well done.

PS. USE more CAPITAL letters in YOUR posts. It really HELPS emphasise your IDIOCY.

So it looks like Morgan staying or leaving could be the most honest indicator for the clubs intentions, all the sales to date have been forced to some extent, however Morgan is willing to wait and see if ambition still exists.

If he leaves it will be because the club aren't willing to spend a good portion of the cash received. I hope this isn't the case, and I am thankful to Morgan for his comments, he'd make a great captain (and he has a cool car).

The most miserable, ranting doom mongering lunatic on the forum telling me to cheer up. Alright then.

You have completely made up a scenario just to get cross about. Well done.

PS. USE more CAPITAL letters in YOUR posts. It really HELPS emphasise your IDIOCY.

STILL NO RATIONAL REBUTTAL OF MY OPINIONS I SEE

I repeat, I have not made any scenario up. What I have referred to is out there, if you care to look for it. Whether it is true or not, only time will tell

Feel free to make a constructive criticism, if you have enough chalk

I repeat, I have not made any scenario up. What I have referred to is out there, if you care to look for it. Whether it is true or not, only time will tell

The flaw in your argument is that the scenario you depict can be levelled at any transfer of any player by any club.

ok, the rational rebuttal is that you've made the massive assumption that Reed without discussing it with Koeman *and* without finding out the result of MS's conversation with him.

So I'm afraid that, indelicately as CB has put it, his central point is correct.