Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

Dell man you make a number of assertions re the directors being spineless .

I don't think they are . We have a class manager at the helm . Better than the last one I'm pleased to say .

The players probably had a release clause in their contracts for all we know .

I'm sad certain players have left or about to leave and at times pretty ****ed off with what's going

I'm looking forward to seeing who the replacements are the RK are bringing in . I'm quietly optimistic for the future of the club .

We might have a rocky start to the season but all will be well

I will be totally hacked off if the spuds get any of our players . Under no circumstances is that Argie to have any of our players

If he wanted them he should have stayed with us

0i levy No

Morgan says the directors know his wishes. Is that the last word on the matter? How about the directors telling Morgan their wishes? The directors seem spineless or perhaps they are under orders to cash in.

The directors don't seem spineless at all where he is concerned (yet). Let's wait and see......

If we value Morgan at £20m, then I'm not sure Goran is worth the 6-8m they seem to be stating. He was a top, top player back in his Lazio days, but he has drifted off and is over 30 now. Wouldn't say that's a particularly attractive proposition. Would rather take the full fee and go and get a younger Pandev type.

Morgan says the directors know his wishes. Is that the last word on the matter? How about the directors telling Morgan their wishes? The directors seem spineless or perhaps they are under orders to cash in.

I think the following direct quote from the CEO at Brighton is probably a more accurate guide to how the Board go about their business:

Nobody at our club or Bolton Wanderers was aware of any interest from Southampton until several hours after we announced Sammy’s appointment,” Paul Barber, the Brighton chief executive, said.

If we value Morgan at £20m, then I'm not sure Goran is worth the 6-8m they seem to be stating. He was a top, top player back in his Lazio days, but he has drifted off and is over 30 now. Wouldn't say that's a particularly attractive proposition. Would rather take the full fee and go and get a younger Pandev type.

£20 million=>25 million €, so if it's 12 million €+ player, then the player needs to have a value to us in excess of 13 million €.

I think the following direct quote from the CEO at Brighton is probably a more accurate guide to how the Board go about their business:

Nobody at our club or Bolton Wanderers was aware of any interest from Southampton until several hours after we announced Sammy’s appointment,” Paul Barber, the Brighton chief executive, said.

Why? Do you think we should have contacted Brighton about someone we were interested in who was currently looking for a job? Bizarre.

What that could tell us is that either Saints Board...(a) is very sneaky and possibly underhand and/or (b) are way behind the curve when it comes to professional level appointments and realised late in the day that they were about to miss out on someone they think might do a good job?

He will want to cement a place in the France first XI and he won't do that unless he is playing for a club who are regularly engaged in European football. He's the best player we have and i'd be sad to see him go, but wouldn't begrudge him a move, preferably abroad though. If we keep hold of him, the Board will deserve huge credit.

I expect Dd has been in his ear telling him he needs to be testing himself against champions league teams if he wants more games for France (forgetting the fact we play 8 times against some in the premier league)

He will want to cement a place in the France first XI and he won't do that unless he is playing for a club who are regularly engaged in European football. He's the best player we have and i'd be sad to see him go, but wouldn't begrudge him a move, preferably abroad though. If we keep hold of him, the Board will deserve huge credit.

Morgan is a decent player but he really does need to add a few more goals to his play

What that could tell us is that either Saints Board...(a) is very sneaky and possibly underhand and/or (b) are way behind the curve when it comes to professional level appointments and realised late in the day that they were about to miss out on someone they think might do a good job?

Or just very discreet about signings and not blabbing / leaking to the media at every opportunity

Don't understand this "I wouldn't begrudge him a move" attitude. "Good old Rickie, let him have his boyhood dream." "Far enough Luke, such a prodigious talent should be given the opportunity of playing for a Big Club". "OK, Adam, you've been a great servant, so best of luck at Liverpool". And now, "Morgan, fully understand the France team managers want to see you at a Top Club".

Are we here to move this club forward to reach European football, based on the potential that a world-class Academy can offer, or are we just developing players for the benefit of clubs already competing in Europe? If the latter, why even bother with contracts? Might as well have players on one months notice...... Oh, I know that contracts enhance players' value but let's not just lie down and take it, which seems to be what is happening. Any player is replaceable, but replacing half the team in one close season is a very different matter. We might get better replacements for Lambert and Lallana, although probably not for Shaw and Morgan could be the point at which we need to pull up the drawbridge.

Why? Do you think we should have contacted Brighton about someone we were interested in who was currently looking for a job? Bizarre.

Talk about missing the point Vectis. He means you'll find out what the board are doing when they want, not when we want. They get things done quietly and under the radar. At least preferably. Failed a bit with koeman mind :D

dont know if this is anything new or not? http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/02/4929655/schneiderlin-tells-southampton-i-want-to-leave?CMPID=TWUK_140702_%20SchneiderlinSouthamptonexit

The 24-year-old midfielder, representing France at this summer's World Cup, has attracted keen interest from Arsenal and Napoli and has decided that he will quit the Saints

By Marco Giordano

France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is set to follow Mauricio Pochettino, Luke Shaw and Adam Lallanaout of Southampton this summer, Goal understands.

Schneiderlin has told the Saints he wants to leave the club and has been attracting plenty of interest, particularly from Arsenal and Napoli.

[TABLE=width: 285]

[TR=bgcolor: white]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: center]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #001122]81424.jpg[/TD]

[TD=width: 80%, bgcolor: #009966, align: center]SOUTHAMPTON LATEST

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 20%, bgcolor: #eeeeee, align: center]7/1[/TD]

[TD=width: 80%]Southampton are 7/1 with Paddy Power to be relegated in 2014-15[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The Gunners have been monitoring the Frenchman's situation for some time and could now be tempted into making an official approach with news that he wants out of St Mary's.

However, Serie A club Napoli have already held talks with the 24-year-old's representatives and settled on a deal to raise his annual salary by £319,000, from £478,585 to nearly £800,000 plus bonuses.

Rafa Benitez's side also believe they are battling Tottenham for Schneiderlin's signature, and they would ironcially strengthen Spurs' need for a central midfielder if they are successful in their attempts to sign Sando.

Schneiderlin could join up with former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino should he decide to move to Spurs.

The Argentine boss moved to White Hart Lane at the end of May, sparking a firesale at the south-coast club.

Shaw completed a £30 million switch to Manchester United on Friday, while Lallana joined Liverpool for £25m.

Striker Jay Rodriguez, who had been tipped to make England's World Cup squad until damaging his medial knee ligament towards the end of the Premier League season, has also been linked with a move to Tottenham, while centre-back Dejan Lovren is said to be on Arsenal's radar.

dont know if this is anything new or not? http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/02/4929655/schneiderlin-tells-southampton-i-want-to-leave?CMPID=TWUK_140702_%20SchneiderlinSouthamptonexit

The 24-year-old midfielder, representing France at this summer's World Cup, has attracted keen interest from Arsenal and Napoli and has decided that he will quit the Saints

By Marco Giordano

France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is set to follow Mauricio Pochettino, Luke Shaw and Adam Lallanaout of Southampton this summer, Goal understands.

Schneiderlin has told the Saints he wants to leave the club and has been attracting plenty of interest, particularly from Arsenal and Napoli.

[TABLE=width: 285]

[TR=bgcolor: white]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: center]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #001122]81424.jpg[/TD]

[TD=width: 80%, bgcolor: #009966, align: center]SOUTHAMPTON LATEST

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 20%, bgcolor: #eeeeee, align: center]7/1[/TD]

[TD=width: 80%]Southampton are 7/1 with Paddy Power to be relegated in 2014-15[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The Gunners have been monitoring the Frenchman's situation for some time and could now be tempted into making an official approach with news that he wants out of St Mary's.

However, Serie A club Napoli have already held talks with the 24-year-old's representatives and settled on a deal to raise his annual salary by £319,000, from £478,585 to nearly £800,000 plus bonuses.

Rafa Benitez's side also believe they are battling Tottenham for Schneiderlin's signature, and they would ironcially strengthen Spurs' need for a central midfielder if they are successful in their attempts to sign Sando.

Schneiderlin could join up with former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino should he decide to move to Spurs.

The Argentine boss moved to White Hart Lane at the end of May, sparking a firesale at the south-coast club.

Shaw completed a £30 million switch to Manchester United on Friday, while Lallana joined Liverpool for £25m.

Striker Jay Rodriguez, who had been tipped to make England's World Cup squad until damaging his medial knee ligament towards the end of the Premier League season, has also been linked with a move to Tottenham, while centre-back Dejan Lovren is said to be on Arsenal's radar.

They're saying he's on ten grand a week? Give over.

They're saying he's on ten grand a week? Give over.

Who really knows, we are very low payers for the greater part of our staff. It's why we only had a total salarial mass of about 42 million in our promotion /first PL year, including bonuses I suppose. I heard from an excellent source that MP was on less than a million euros a year all in with us.

When you consider the total number of people who work for the club and do some fag packet maths it's easy enough to believe that we have "major" players on low salaries.

You don't always want to believe the astronomical figures that the popular british press like to bandy about.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Whilst I was annoyed that we have lost the 3 so far, I have always felt that it was posible, and we could get good replacements for them. However, I think the board should move heaven and earth to keep Schneiderlin. He is in my opinion an outstanding talent and is under-rated by nearly everyone, we will miss him more than any other player in the squad.

Whilst I was annoyed that we have lost the 3 so far, I have always felt that it was posible, and we could get good replacements for them. However, I think the board should move heaven and earth to keep Schneiderlin. He is in my opinion an outstanding talent and is under-rated by nearly everyone, we will miss him more than any other player in the squad.

But he wants to play at a higher level and will thus leave. This is why getting it right last season was so important, we were almost there, then we spoilt the ship for a ha'porth of tar by not signing a decent reserve keeper and a striker. We had to play garbage and really good players will just not tolerate that. Everything you've worked for just thrown away by garbage like Jos and Gazza. It's not acceptable to top players or top players in the making.

Edited by Window Cleaner

We dont really need Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Cork imo. Playing two of them together is in part responsible for our lack of creativity. Personally I would never have bought Wanyama, but now he's here what do you do....

Are we all jumping the gun a bit? Morgan's ambitions are no doubt to play European football and get more international recognition. His "wishes" may be that he wants the club to meet his objectives and has told the directors so. His future may be decided on the quality of the players that we sign and our ambitions as a club.

Are we all jumping the gun a bit? Morgan's ambitions are no doubt to play European football and get more international recognition. His "wishes" may be that he wants the club to meet his objectives and has told the directors so. His future may be decided on the quality of the players that we sign and our ambitions as a club.

No, he told the French press before the WC that it would be best for him to move on but that the deal had to be right for Saints as well.

Morgan would be well advised to wait until January to see how we (and Arsenal) are placed in the table. Would not do anyone any harm

Yes it would, he wants to leave, he said so, he needs to be at a top club and will have no doubt been told that by the FFF again. Even Debuchy is being manoeuvred out of Newcastle to Arsenal. The FFF want the players who'll carry their Euro Home Campaign playing for top clubs and that excludes Newcastle and Southampton.

We dont really need Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Cork imo. Playing two of them together is in part responsible for our lack of creativity. Personally I would never have bought Wanyama, but now he's here what do you do....
Wanyama is combined with Lovren the main reason our defence was so tight at the start of the season. Wanyama like Lovren would be immense again this season, dont underrate how important he is

Wanyama is combined with Lovren the main reason our defence was so tight at the start of the season. Wanyama like Lovren would be immense again this season, dont underrate how important he is

I dont, hes a good player. My point is that if two of your midfield are breaking up play and winning the ball but not creating then you will have lots of possession but do little with it - which was exactly our problem last season. A bit more spark would be a fair trade off for a bit less cover imo.

We don't have sufficient status to sign such a player..probably fortunately enough for us. If we never signed another Italian or player from Italy it would be soon enough for me.

Erm.... think our next signing will be Italian.

Erm.... think our next signing will be Italian.

As I said never would be soon enough for me. Personal opinion,we'll see how he gets on. I expect no miracles from him so i can only be pleasantly surprised. Like Koeman I've seen his record elsewhere, poor at Alkmaar, poor at Samp and Parma. He may have improved since then but I'm uncertain that success in the Dutch league is a guarantee of success with us. It could be that he was playing for one of the strongest teams and they just steamrollered nearly everyone else. Our initial valuation was reported to be very low, Koeman must have told those bidding not to go too high at first surely,if the player was of an exceptional standard surely we would have offered more initially.

As I said never would be soon enough for me. Personal opinion,we'll see how he gets on. I expect no miracles from him so i can only be pleasantly surprised. Like Koeman I've seen his record elsewhere, poor at Alkmaar, poor at Samp and Parma. He may have improved since then but I'm uncertain that success in the Dutch league is a guarantee of success with us. It could be that he was playing for one of the strongest teams and they just steamrollered nearly everyone else. Our initial valuation was reported to be very low, Koeman must have told those bidding not to go too high at first surely,if the player was of an exceptional standard surely we would have offered more initially.

a - what have our previous Italian signings got to do with Pelle?

b - what has Koeman's managerial career got to do with Pelle?

iii) - what has our bidding strategy got to do with Pelle?

Yes it would, he wants to leave, he said so, he needs to be at a top club and will have no doubt been told that by the FFF again. Even Debuchy is being manoeuvred out of Newcastle to Arsenal. The FFF want the players who'll carry their Euro Home Campaign playing for top clubs and that excludes Newcastle and Southampton.

Sadly this is the case. I would like to see us package up Morgan and Lovren to Barcelona and keep them from playing against us. Barcelona would be improved with these two.

But he wants to play at a higher level and will thus leave. This is why getting it right last season was so important, we were almost there, then we spoilt the ship for a ha'porth of tar by not signing a decent reserve keeper and a striker. We had to play garbage and really good players will just not tolerate that. Everything you've worked for just thrown away by garbage like Jos and Gazza. It's not acceptable to top players or top players in the making.

There are very few clubs who have quality in every position and also as back up. Chelsea were weak up front last season. Man Utd weak all over the park. Liverpool were not strong at the back. Aresenal were short of firepower. Unless they go to Real Madrid or Barcelona they are going to have to tolerate some weaker links.

There are very few clubs who have quality in every position and also as back up. Chelsea were weak up front last season. Man Utd weak all over the park. Liverpool were not strong at the back. Aresenal were short of firepower. Unless they go to Real Madrid or Barcelona they are going to have to tolerate some weaker links.

But none of them had to resort to Jos,Gazzaniga and Fox. They had weaknesses but not at the same level that we did.

Arsenal have made a formal enquiry as to his availability apparently.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/arsenal-enquire-about-morgan-schneiderlin/

I hope we told the cheap git to get stuffed.

Wenger probably speaks to Morgan every other day in the course of his role as a consultant to TF1, not that he'd ever admit it of course but with Giroud and Koscielny in the same group he has every opportunity.

Exactly this. Huge show of intent from the club if they pay him what they need to in order to keep him here this summer and beyond. Would be the biggest loss of the summer if he were to go IMO. Very rare talent.

Exactly this. Huge show of intent from the club if they pay him what they need to in order to keep him here this summer and beyond. Would be the biggest loss of the summer if he were to go IMO. Very rare talent.

They can pay him what they want but just now they can't magically produce European football which is what it's all about in his case. In his first FFF interview he said that he'd reached the Footballer's Grail (ie the senior national side) he will not want to throw that away, I have told you before how DD's mind works, big club is better than little club and a slightly poorer player with CL experience is better than a better one without. He's not going to throw all of that away, in my opinion it would break him totally if after being a bit part player at the WC he fell into obscurity in favour of a lesser player from Monaco,PSG or Porto (they all have candidates) We saw against Ecuador that Morgan has surpassed Mavuba for the right to be Cabaye's understudy, he'll want to go on from there now and be first choice in the role as Cabaye is injury prone,poorly disciplined and pushing 29 (I think). Morgan will leave this summer and no amount of money will keep him here.