Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

They can pay him what they want but just now they can't magically produce European football which is what it's all about in his case. In his first FFF interview he said that he'd reached the Footballer's Grail (ie the senior national side) he will not want to throw that away, I have told you before how DD's mind works, big club is better than little club and a slightly poorer player with CL experience is better than a better one without. He's not going to throw all of that away, in my opinion it would break him totally if after being a bit part player at the WC he fell into obscurity in favour of a lesser player from Monaco,PSG or Porto (they all have candidates) We saw against Ecuador that Morgan has surpassed Mavuba for the right to be Cabaye's understudy, he'll want to go on from there now and be first choice in the role as Cabaye is injury prone,poorly disciplined and pushing 29 (I think). Morgan will leave this summer and no amount of money will keep him here.

I fear you're spot on. This summer is providing plenty of evidence of a totally broken market. I can see why the likes of Stoke & WHU choose to fill their clubs with 30 year old plodders in the knowledge that they will maintain mid table prem football and not have to make wholesale changes every time a transfer window comes along. Ours is a risky strategy as every summer you're replacing about 4 first teamers. Even when a golden season comes along you can't truly compete beyond 8th place. Ah well, wouldn't swap Saints for the world, just a slightly demoralising situation I guess.

Wenger has been working for French TV and reportedly is staying the same hotel as the French Team. I've been following Morgan's official Facebook and quotes in the French Media. To date I've not seen anything to give the impression he's leaving. On Facebook he wished Shaw and Adam good luck with their new clubs, quoting. "we're going to miss them both."

Who is "WE". I believe it refers to team mates at Saints.

Wenger has been working for French TV and reportedly is staying the same hotel as the French Team. I've been following Morgan's official Facebook and quotes in the French Media. To date I've not seen anything to give the impression he's leaving. On Facebook he wished Shaw and Adam good luck with their new clubs, quoting. "we're going to miss them both."

Who is "WE". I believe it refers to team mates at Saints.

Morgan is a very discreet young man, take it from me, he's leaving.

If he goes I will be fuming (even more so than after the other 3 leaving) if we don't demand top top money for him , he is arguably one of the best about in his position therefore the price MUST reflect that i want at least 30m 35/40 with add ons !

If he goes I will be fuming (even more so than after the other 3 leaving) if we don't demand top top money for him , he is arguably one of the best about in his position therefore the price MUST reflect that i want at least 30m 35/40 with add ons !

You may be desperately disappointed then, we won't get half of the upper figure. May even have a buy out clause, who knows, very standard with non-English players.

You may be desperately disappointed then, we won't get half of the upper figure. May even have a buy out clause, who knows, very standard with non-English players.

Then I'm afraid he'll have to stay

The club have to draw the line with players leaving now, we simply can't afford to lose Schneiderlin or Lovren.

We have plenty of cash, if they want to strike just let them and buy a replacement, if we keep caving in we are just going to open the door for others to leave.

We should never have sold Lambert imo, that sent out the wrong message.

Edited by aintforever

I'll be gutted if Schneiderlin leaves. Lambert's a legend, Shaw a brilliant young talent, and Lallana a gifted player but I feel that Schneiderlin is the real jewel in our crown. He's central to the way we play and one of the best in his position. He showed that when he replaced Cabaye in the 3rd group game; IMO he was better than Cabaye. He's worth at least 25m, if not more.

Schneiderlin is a fantastic player and I hope you do keep him. Since your promotion he's been my favourite southampton player. I love the way he goes about things and his intelligence on and off the ball. Superb.

Although I disagree that he was better than Cabaye in France's group game. TBH he was quite poor in that game - compared to his usual performances.

Also interesting looking at his twitter....congratulated Luke on his move, but zilch for Lallana - not even a mention on his time line. Maybe he ****ed more people off than we realise with his big arse antics?

Has Adam even got twitter? Don't see why he would bother if he couldn't tag him in it.

Has Adam even got twitter? Don't see why he would bother if he couldn't tag him in it.

Good point, I know he used to. Maybe he has a hidden one...who knows. But probably for the best right now as he would have been utterly destroyed.

This the same as you saying we were asset stripping :lol:

Are we not ? Who knows, we've sold for plenty, now we need to buy for as least as much to make Reed's statement exact.

Sales are currently around 60 million £ since last January, probably more, we've spent nothing and seem to be going for low grade players, better ones may be in view but for the time being we've made large profits in cash.

Are we not ? Who knows, we've sold for plenty, now we need to buy for as least as much to make Reed's statement exact.

Sales are currently around 60 million £ since last January, probably more, we've spent nothing and seem to be going for low grade players, better ones may be in view but for the time being we've made large profits in cash.

Why is it essential to spend exactly what we receive?

How do you define 'asset stripping'? It sounds to me like you don't know what it is.

Talksport's Hawksbee and Jacobs were just chatting about the player exodus from St Mary's, and they mentioned Luke Shaw being on £160,000 a week.

Then they talked about Morgan Schneiderlin earning a colossal £9k a week at St Mary's. Surely this is horribly wrong?

To be exactly clear they said they didn't know if it was his basic wage or wage plus bonuses that equalled £9k but that was a shock to me.

Shaw is now on a deal that is over 1600% more than Morgan and Luke's never crossed a decent ball, created an assist, had a decent shot or scored a goal in his life (very slight over exaggeration).

Saints had a wage bill of £47m in 2012/13. In 2013/14 it would have past the £50m mark with Osvaldo, Wanyama and Lovren joining and a large number of existing players signing new bigger deals.

I'd like to see Talksport explain how Saints can have a £50m+ wage bill if key players like Schneiderlin are only on £468,000 per year. Where is the rest of the money going?

It is so wrong, it is frankly laughable to suggest Schneiderlin (who signed a new deal in 2013) is on £9k p/w! :D

Edited by Matthew Le God

Saints had a wage bill of £47m in 2012/13. In 2013/14 it would have past the £50m mark with Osvaldo, Wanyama and Lovren joining and a large number of existing players signing new bigger deals.

I'd like to see Talksport explain how Saints can have a £50m+ wage bill if key players like Schneiderlin are only on £468,000 per year. Where is the rest of the money going?

It is so wrong, it is frankly laughable to suggest Schneiderlin (who signed a new deal in 2013) is on £9k p/w! :D

The entire club only has 200 employees and £50m divided by 200 gives an average of £5,000pw - including all the groundsmen, ticket office, catering, media accounts etc. Its pretty safe to assume that the average first team players are on at least £25,000pw +

I did see a comment on the Sky Sports paper talk section which linked to the Daily Star and that Napoli were planning to bid for Morgan, quoting wages of £800k pa - which would have been £16k pw. I laughed that off at the time, surely he has to be on at least £20-25k pw.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has been offered an £800,000-a-year deal to join Napoli.

Can't see any mention on the Daily Star site.

I`m surprised he`s able to make ends meet. Must be a struggle.

How do you think he feels? J-Rod shows up in a Porsche, Morgan just hopes the bus isn't delayed so he won't have to take a personal day for arriving late to the training ground.

Edited by Saint_Abroad

How do you think he feels? J-Rod shows up in a Porsche, Morgan just hopes the bus isn't delayed so he won't have to take a personal day for arriving late to the training ground.

If the bus is ever late, he could always just jump in his Maserati, or his missus' BMW, I suppose.

If the bus is ever late, he could always just jump in his Maserati, or his missus' BMW, I suppose.

Not at 9k/week, my friend. He probably went to Brazil for no other reason than to duck the landlady who's been hassling him for rent money. "O no is it June 1 already, wow. I sent you that cheque, you didn't get it? Listen I'm in Brazil and I only have Brazilian Rupees on me so by....what's that Arsene, listen lady I have to go."