Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

Nothing concrete yet then, don't expect anything to happen before he comes back from the WC personally.

The speed that Lambert, Shaw and soon Lallana has been done makes me suspect most of the deals have been done in essence prior to the world cup and more than likely Morgan will be the same.

The speed that Lambert, Shaw and soon Lallana has been done makes me suspect most of the deals have been done in essence prior to the world cup and more than likely Morgan will be the same.

I agree, the old Lowe trick, take in 20mil spend 5 mil and as time goes on the fans forget how little has been spent. Buy a player for 4m but let the press etc tell everyone it's 10, simples. The secrecy of transfer fees make it so easy

I don't blame individual players for wanting to move up the ladder but there must come a point when we say no more. It's not in the best interests of the club to have to gel a new team next year, we can withstand two or three losses but not four or five.

If players of the quality of Shaw, Lovren, Morgan, and Lallana don't want to play for our club, it's difficult to believe players of similar quality would consider joining us, even if RK has a huge war chest to spend.

I think it's going to be a long painful season ahead, unless RK is very good at finding diamonds in the rough.

I knew something was up when the season tickets went on sale early.

and? Would still have renewed regardless. Next season, well who knows? But tell me, is the club worth more to KL as a well funded functioning business or a stripped out shell?

and? Would still have renewed regardless. Next season, well who knows? But tell me, is the club worth more to KL as a well funded functioning business or a stripped out shell?

They'll have you believe that companies with no assets and no hope of staying up is more valuable - mainly because they don't know what they're talking about.

Like you, I too renewed my tickets but I'm not surprised by the developments. In terms of value the club has not changed, in fact it's probably worth more at the moment.

The latest rumours have Grenier and Morgan signing for the Arse. As Morgan only got in the French squad because of Greniers injury, would it makes sense to compete for a place with him at club level too?

All the latest quotes echo what he has said before, that he would like to play for a CL team, but will not force a move. Lets hope he keeps to this.

All the latest quotes echo what he has said before, that he would like to play for a CL team, but will not force a move. Lets hope he keeps to this.

If only some of our other players angling for a move had the same mature attitude as Morgan. I see he was quoted as saying he has had good conversations with the board, something which contradicts what we have heard about other players being ignored or not being able to contact them.

If players of the quality of Shaw, Lovren, Morgan, and Lallana don't want to play for our club, it's difficult to believe players of similar quality would consider joining us, even if RK has a huge war chest to spend.

I think it's going to be a long painful season ahead, unless RK is very good at finding diamonds in the rough.

This is exactly the problem with the "It's OK, we are going to re-invest the proceeds in the squad" line that the club are taking with the player sales. You have to question whether the quality of player that we need to replace Lambert, Lallana, Shaw, Morgan, Lovren will now be up for joining us when they've just seen us let virtually ALL of our international class players leave?

If we were just letting one or two go (say Lallana & Shaw) and then put down the shutters to everyone else under contract, then I think you could make a case to say the club were still looking to move forward to prospective quality players we want to bring in.

Shaw , Lallana and Mopo were done before the end of march ......had it from the horses mouth and only shared it with one respected poster on here on skype , we both didnt want to believe it but sadly turned out to be true , the date of the skype message was the 30th March the conversation with the player was a week before .

We can't afford to pay a whole squad of players £100K a week, but we could afford to pay one player.

Offer Morgan the Captains armband and £100K a week.

Problem is with that, is that sometimes when you pay one person a lot more, it leads to resentment and can be counter productive.

Problem is with that, is that sometimes when you pay one person a lot more, it leads to resentment and can be counter productive.

Agreed, but no other player (other than Kelvin that I can think of) has been at the club for that long. Would send the message that if you play consistently in the first team for 5 + years than you get the very best wages

Agreed, but no other player (other than Kelvin that I can think of) has been at the club for that long. Would send the message that if you play consistently in the first team for 5 + years than you get the very best wages
100k is obscene. We don't want to go Down the Pompey route

We can't afford to pay a whole squad of players £100K a week, but we could afford to pay one player.

Offer Morgan the Captains armband and £100K a week.

I'm not sure it's that simple. The club will have a wage structure, and probably the players and their agents know exactly what it is. If you break it for one person it is a slippery slope leading all the way to Pompey.

Schneiderlin showed his loyalty by staying with us in league one when all on the french youth set up were telling him to leave.

While I don't want him to go, I wouldn't begrudge him a move.

I'm not sure it's that simple. The club will have a wage structure, and probably the players and their agents know exactly what it is. If you break it for one person it is a slippery slope leading all the way to Pompey.

Offer him a new contract with a bit of an increase on salary but give him a nice fat LOYALTY bonus payable over the length of the contract if he leaves before he forgoes it!

Anyway it's not about money, it's about playing at the best possible standard. As I said the other day we could pay Messi a million a week but he still wouldn't play for us. It's about status, where top top players are concerned we don't have any.
thats why Man. City and Chelsea never got any world class players on their upward climb.

not a total surprise, perhaps. There were rumours several months ago .....and it was Arsenal. After all, if any Saints player could be called " cultured" it would be Morgan, and thats Wenger style football.

So ....a Frenchman playing for a French manager and coincidentally both come from the Strasborg region, and I think that Wenger has a lot of respect in the game.

the alternative being Spuds for obvious reasons, but if he has to go anywhere (in England) ...I hope it's the Emirates.

I think that's nonsense, if anything the fact that you give some players a high salary will act as motivation to the others. It's that sort of thinking that was Lowe's downfall.

I think that's nonsense, if anything the fact that you give some players a high salary will act as motivation to the others. It's that sort of thinking that was Lowe's downfall.

I would think the fans of QPR have an opinion on that.

I would think the fans of QPR have an opinion on that.

Probably, I expect fans of all clubs have an opinion.

My opinion is that players know what they can earn and it's counter productive for them to know there is a low wage ceiling at Saints.

Probably, I expect fans of all clubs have an opinion.

My opinion is that players know what they can earn and it's counter productive for them to know there is a low wage ceiling at Saints.

My point being that QPR are an example of how wage discrepancy can cause massive squad disharmony and be entirely counter productive. There was a massive split between the 'stars' they sought to employ and the existing less glamourous names such as Clint Hill. It played a direct role in their relegation back in 2013.

My point being that QPR are an example of how wage discrepancy can cause massive squad disharmony and be entirely counter productive. There was a massive split between the 'stars' they sought to employ and the existing less glamourous names such as Clint Hill. It played a direct role in their relegation back in 2013.

That's different to paying your a long serving and probably best player top money.

If you think there is not big differences between footballers wages at all clubs you are deluded.

That's different to paying your a long serving and probably best player top money.

If you think there is not big differences between footballers wages at all clubs you are deluded.

Why so confrontational?

Of course there are wage discrepancies, but they are managed. It can be a slippery slope to go to far with it.

Apologies as its another internet rumour but according to "sources" Koemans top priority i to speak to Spider straight after his WC finishes to try & convince him that he does need to move to fulfil his ambitions & will offer him the captains armband.

My opinion on the spider situation fwiw.. If any deal was in place prior to the WC then this would need to be reviewed anyway as prior to WC he was only a standby player & due to a fortunate set of circumstances he is now playing. Most people speak of players values going up if they have a good world cup & spider is no exception. If he is going then I guess we are already reevaluating any deal which could potentially keep him here anyway if other clubs shy away from an increased valuation. Judging from his comments, I think he could be persuaded to stay & spearhead the next generation of Saints which hopefully break Mopos record season (in time..)

grr.. bloomin autocorrect! my above post should have read as in bold...!

Apologies as its another internet rumour but according to "sources" Koemans top priority i to speak to Spider straight after his WC finishes to try & convince him that he does not need to move to fulfil his ambitions & will offer him the captains armband.

Regrettably when I watched his assured defensive display for France, I thought "~~~~ Wenger will come in for him and that's that."

I think he is an excellent player and certainly the most difficult to replace as cultured ball-winners who can create are very few and far between.

If we have to lose him then we ought to be thinking of considerably more than Lallana due to the rarity of players like him.

Regrettably when I watched his assured defensive display for France, I thought "~~~~ Wenger will come in for him and that's that."

I think he is an excellent player and certainly the most difficult to replace as cultured ball-winners who can create are very few and far between.

If we have to lose him then we ought to be thinking of considerably more than Lallana due to the rarity of players like him.

Agreed just look at our results whenever he was out suspended/injured compared to when he played I recollect him always being a big miss