Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

This is ridiculous. I don't care what a one says, if we lose Morgan and lovren as well then we are seriously going to struggle next season and I will be sorely disappointed that the board just allowed all these players to leave. It will be an unprecedented mass exodus the likes of which the prem have never seen before.

Say what you want about the money being reinvested but we're looking at almost a new starting 11. They're going to need time to gel and our start to the season is a chance to put some points on the board. A slow start and we are fighting relegation.

This is my concern. Sunderland signed a lot of players with Di Canio and struggled.

Surely at some point the club would have to stop and consider the implications. All clubs sell one or two. But the five best players in one window with seemingly no financial contraints is just suicide.

Most of them signed new deals in the last year so surely with one or two we could have put our foot down and said they can go next summer but not this?

You would have thought so. Given how they didn't put foot down before 3 of our best players left & haven't made any such noises, the implication is an extremely weak board open to accepting offers.

Schneiderlin: "The directors know my position and what my intentions are"

I hope the say "Your position in just in front of the back four and your intention had better be to play well"

This one will be a kick in the stones - Didnt someone post that a move was blocked last year with a promise that he could move this summer? If so I wouldn't blame him.

This is getting ****ing daft now, the board need to nip all this in the bud. If Lallana goes then the rest of the squad need to be told to forget thinking about any move.

Exactly how does that work then ???

If they didn't say NO to Lallana when he said he wanted to go, how can they say No to anyone else.

Contacts SHOULD mean you can't go anywhere unless the Club agrees, but no Club has the balls to enforce that

My biggest regret is renewing my ST. I'm hating next season already. The odds on Saints being relegated have narrowed dramatically

Katharina is NOT like her father. Marcus would have had another Progressive 5 year plan to elevate us further. She does not share that ambition

Finally, Les Reed's Charlton expertise is coming to the fore.

Anyone who doubts that we are a club in crisis now is living in dreamland.

Within the last 6 months or so we have lost our chairman, manager, pretty much all our coaching staff, our captain, best striker and key defender. Our best centre back wants out and now our best midfielder. The spine of our team has been ripped out and we don't know if anyone from chairman down has the talent to run the club and make the right decisions.

Finishing 17th next season will be a very good achievement IMO. We are floundering.

Exactly how does that work then ???

If they didn't say NO to Lallana when he said he wanted to go, how can they say No to anyone else.

Contacts SHOULD mean you can't go anywhere unless the Club agrees, but no Club has the balls to enforce that

My biggest regret is renewing my ST. I'm hating next season already. The odds on Saints being relegated have narrowed dramatically

Katharina is NOT like her father. Marcus would have had another Progressive 5 year plan to elevate us further. She does not share that ambition

Finally, Les Reed's Charlton expertise is coming to the fore.

Just say no, simples.

I have no doubt that Cortese wouldn't have even answered the phone to Liverpool over Lallana.

MP was the catalyst for all this. Many on here were complacent about MP leaving, it was patently obvious the players loved playing for him and the moment we had RK and co giving mixed messages we were stuffed. Personally I still believe. That KL is looking to get back a lot of her investment. We will bring in 80-100m and spend 30. We are at the top of where we are going to be and now it is the fall from Grace. No club has ever lost the majority of the side and managed to stay where it is.

A team of foreign mercenaries will not have the guts of fight

MP was the catalyst for all this. Many on here were complacent about MP leaving, it was patently obvious the players loved playing for him and the moment we had RK and co giving mixed messages we were stuffed. Personally I still believe. That KL is looking to get back a lot of her investment. We will bring in 80-100m and spend 30. We are at the top of where we are going to be and now it is the fall from Grace. No club has ever lost the majority of the side and managed to stay where it is.

You think Koeman signed up to see the whole team sold off and be given 30 million to replace it...........

Also if they just wanted to play for Mopo why have two players gone to Liverpool and one to Man U wouldn't they want moves to spurs?

Edited by doddisalegend

You think Lallana and Shaw wouldn't want to join CL standard clubs for £100k a week if they could just have another season playing mid table football with a manager they'd known for eighteen whole months?

And, spookily, neither of those players seem to want to hold out for a move to Spurs to play with their hero. Funny dat.

Deluded.

You think Koeman signed up to see the whole team sold off and be given 30 million to replace it...........

Also if they just wanted to play for Mopo why have two players gone to Liverpool and one to Man U wouldn't they want moves to spurs?

who knows? But Koeman may have a big enough ego/self confidence that he could rebuild. If the Metro story that we are going for Bentner (free) and Ings 8m then the 30m would go quite a way. They may be paper talk, but the Metro was spot on with MP and it's may well have links to Bentner

You think Lallana and Shaw wouldn't want to join CL standard clubs for £100k a week if they could just have another season playing mid table football with a manager they'd known for eighteen whole months?

And, spookily, neither of those players seem to want to hold out for a move to Spurs to play with their hero. Funny dat.

Deluded.

Where do. I say that those 2 wanted to go to Spurs. I also never said we would not lose any players, but had NC and MP still been in place the loss of the main spine of the team still kept. I have been cool about losing AL and LS, it is the likes of Lovren Wanyama and Morgan that I am more concerned about.

Just say no, simples.

I have no doubt that Cortese wouldn't have even answered the phone to Liverpool over Lallana.

LOL.

Nicola Cortese who quit on SFC as the hero stopping other people quitting on SFC. Okay then.

You can't lose a good manager and (in effect) break up a successful young team, replace them with new/foreign players who let's face it are unlikely to be anywhere near as effective in the short term, and then expect to prosper again in this viciously competitive league. This game seldom tolerates that kind of recklessness.

Les Reed told us the other day that player transfer policy would be a matter of doing what is best for Southampton Football Club. Well Les please explain how allowing predator clubs to rape our squad is in any sense a beneficial thing for this club? If players are under contract then you don't have to let them go if you don't want to - even 'player power' has its limits.

We'll have a lorry load of cash to spend I suppose so if the new manger and his hastily assembled squad gel together and adapt to the extreme demands of competing in this tough division in record time then we may just survive next season - with a bit of luck and the wind behind us. To be frank about it that looks to me to a 50/50 bet at this time.

What a way to run a railway ...

If what is being suggested re mass exodus . I hope all those leaving hms Southampton feel totally guilty at what they are doing if saints do suffer the worse and we get relegated go out of business . Because they will have blood on their hands . I don't want to see you back as saints players ever again

However on a positive note . I'm sure we will be okay despite some of the bed wetters on here

The futures bright the futures red and white and orange .

I hate spurs even more so now than I ever did before .

LOL.

Nicola Cortese who quit on SFC as the hero stopping other people quitting on SFC. Okay then.

I don't think he's a hero, like I said he was the first rat off the ship.

But I think he would have shown a bit more steel when dealing with clubs like Liverpool. At the moment we just appear to be bending over and taking it.

When Cortese was in place Reed's infamous ego was being kept in check by an even bigger ego. The best decision KL could make right now would be to employ an experienced, confident and plausible Club Chairman with top level experience without consulting Les first - John Williams...

I agree with this. John Williams would be an excellent choice given his track record.

This is ridiculous. I don't care what a one says, if we lose Morgan and lovren as well then we are seriously going to struggle next season and I will be sorely disappointed that the board just allowed all these players to leave. It will be an unprecedented mass exodus the likes of which the prem have never seen before.

Football is in the age of player power. Boards, football associations and fans have little to no control anymore. Get over it.

Morgan leaving would absolutely destroy this team, a lot more so than the other ****s who have already left.Who's going to be next then on the transfer rumour wantaways? Wanyama? Clyne? It's all ok because we'll have £100 million to spend on replacements like 2nd rate Italian strikers who have only been prolific in the Eredivisie. We are already becoming this season's joke team, and it's getting embarassing. Just hope Reed is capable of bringing in some decent replacements, not so sure though

Football is in the age of player power. Boards, football associations and fans have little to no control anymore. Get over it.

OK well if that's the case I presume you have plenty of examples of other premiership teams who have lost five key players in one transfer window? No?

I don't think he's a hero, like I said he was the first rat off the ship.

But I think he would have shown a bit more steel when dealing with clubs like Liverpool. At the moment we just appear to be bending over and taking it.

Except we're not just bending over, are we - highest fee ever for a teenager the Shaw deal is being described as, and the Lallana fee is a good one as well.

And we clearly didn't just snatch at the first offer.

Lastly, if they are going then let's get them gone.

I'd like to see the meltdown on here if we sold the lot of them on August 30th.

Can you utter fools stop using the word 'rape' to talk about football transfers. It makes my skin crawl to read it and makes you look stupid and heartless. I know it is technically correct but really.

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

"Saints have been willing to do business as they believe a fresh wave of young players are ready to come through the ranks and see the coming season as the first in a new five-year plan.

They see England U19s starlet Matt Targett as a ready-made replacement for Shaw."

Reading this article was the first time I felt worried about this close season. Suggesting Targett as a replacement for Shaw is OK, but Gallagher is nowhere near ready for a full season in the PL, JWP is still a bit lightweight, and there is no way any of our teenagers could replace Lallana, Lovren, or Schneiderlin.

Targett seems worrying the most. Been nowhere near the first team last season. At least Shaw was on the bench a lot while back to Fox. From not even making the bench to right son your playing seems madness to em.

OK, I've had chance to sleep on this and here's my team for next season:

Boruc

Clyne/Chambers

Fonte

Lovren (New CB)

Kolodziejczak

Davis

Wanyama

Cork

Tadic

Pelle/Ings

Hernandez/Rodriguez

Doesn't look too bad to be honest. Grab another CM for depth and that should see us through to January when we can build again. Maybe even keep Schneiderlein until January before replacing him.

Yes, it'll take a while for the new players to gell but looking at the PL that team should be enough to see us through.

Can you utter fools stop using the word 'rape' to talk about football transfers. It makes my skin crawl to read it and makes you look stupid and heartless. I know it is technically correct but really.

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

'Rape' seems a strong perhaps but fitting enough term to describe what our squad is going through now, just as 'the rape of Poland' was an utterly appropriate phrase to describe what happened to that poor unfortunate nation during 1939.

The dictionary defines 'rape' not only as a act of sexual violence but also as a act of plunder - to seize, take or carry off by force.

'Rape' seems a strong perhaps but fitting enough term to describe what our squad is going through now, just as 'the rape of Poland' was an utterly appropriate phrase to describe what happened to that poor unfortunate nation during 1939.

The dictionary defines 'rape' not only as a act of sexual violence but also as a act of plunder - to seize, take or carry off by force.

What about 'the sack of Southampton'? More alliterative, and less violent sexual imagery.

Always thought Morgan was the most likely to go to be honest. Doesn't make me feel any better seeing it actually happen. Not sure about Spurs as Dembele is a beast, but an absolutely perfect signing for Arsenal.

Let's assume he wants to move which is clearly what his quotes indirectly mean, how much should we be looking for him?

25m?

Well, if we believe everything we read, that's now Barcelona, Arsenal, Liverpool and spurs who are keen.

Let the bidding commence for the current French international, who'll 'start' the bid at £25m?

Except we're not just bending over, are we - highest fee ever for a teenager the Shaw deal is being described as, and the Lallana fee is a good one as well.

And we clearly didn't just snatch at the first offer.

Lastly, if they are going then let's get them gone.

I'd like to see the meltdown on here if we sold the lot of them on August 30th.

We were ripped off for Lambert.

I agree Shaw was good business. But the key for me is not the money but the failure of our Boardroom, and it has to be said new manager too, to retain our stars.

Anyway, I fail to see how we can guarantee to replace all of these players regardless of the cash. It's too much to ask.

Our team needed to be expanded and built on to compete not contracted - and contracted significantly.

It is a fire sale I'm afraid. Fires start when you get complacent and your goods get damaged. Our players are damaged and our Boardroom failed to stop the fire that led to this.

Koeman was signed for 3 years. Honestly, I don't think that's enough time to rebuild to regain our ambition with this exodus.

God knows now how Les Reed stops it. The genies are out of the box and Koemans attraction has failed to convince them to get back in.

It's not good at our club. Not good at all.

If what is being suggested re mass exodus . I hope all those leaving hms Southampton feel totally guilty at what they are doing if saints do suffer the worse and we get relegated go out of business . Because they will have blood on their hands . I don't want to see you back as saints players ever again

However on a positive note . I'm sure we will be okay despite some of the bed wetters on here

The futures bright the futures red and white and orange .

I hate spurs even more so now than I ever did before .

Your post is one massive contradiction. You slag the "bed wetters" (a term you use in virtually every post) and yet your first sentence is classic bed wetting

Why are people blaming the board? They are not actively looking to sell players, they do not want any players to leave, their business model is not based on developing and then selling on players. The players want to go and once that happens its pretty much a done deal in the modern game. That's why Nicola couldn't keep ox once his old man wanted him to go. That's why had Liverpool bid for Lambert under Nicolas leadership he'd have been gone. We are not a champions league team and there was never ever going to be a hope in hell of us being a champions league team, regardless of whether Marcus died or Nicola stayed. Look at what's happened to villa and thank kl that she seems to be a bit more sensible than them. The best we can hope for is Europa league and a cup win, which makes poch's attitude in the cups even worse.

Here's a heads up to some of the depressed on here. If McQueen or Gallagher come good and reach champions league level, they'll move on. Get your heads round it, you've got a few years notice, start excepting it. Its not going to change, regardless of whether Williams,cortese or Ralph is running the club.

#itshappeningbutnotthewayweexpected

Yup, if we lose Morgan...I.e. he's allowed to leave, then it will indicate the end of the project thats for sure.

Irrespective of my opinion of Schneiderlin himself, breaking up the "League One Five" of him, Fonte, Lallana, Lambert and K.Davis (even if in a less playing role, he is the club captain) is perhaps the biggest damage these transfers will do to our club.

In that sense, the spinal cord of the team will have been broken and we will never find a set of players who together can improve no matter what division we are in.