Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

I think we have to accept that Morgan & Lovren will be off. That will have to be the end of the outward business for this window. Integrating 5 new players into the squad will be hard enough but anymore will be extremely difficult. I'd imagine we will go with quite a small squad for the first half of the season (replacing the sold players like for like) & add to it as required in January/next summer. Our often lauded scouting system will certainly be put to the test over the next couple of months.

It's never boring being a Saints fan!

Why are people blaming the board? They are not actively looking to sell players, they do not want any players to leave, their business model is not based on developing and then selling on players. The players want to go and once that happens its pretty much a done deal in the modern game. That's why Nicola couldn't keep ox once his old man wanted him to go. That's why had Liverpool bid for Lambert under Nicolas leadership he'd have been gone. We are not a champions league team and there was never ever going to be a hope in hell of us being a champions league team, regardless of whether Marcus died or Nicola stayed. Look at what's happened to villa and thank kl that she seems to be a bit more sensible than them. The best we can hope for is Europa league and a cup win, which makes poch's attitude in the cups even worse.

Here's a heads up to some of the depressed on here. If McQueen or Gallagher come good and reach champions league level, they'll move on. Get your heads round it, you've got a few years notice, start excepting it. Its not going to change, regardless of whether Williams,cortese or Ralph is running the club.

Totally, totally yes.

Hindsight is pretty but I can't help to think that under NC we would have sold only one player this season (Shaw), perhaps two given Lambert's transfer was more sentimental than anything else.

What I do know is that if Madrid, Barca, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea came calling for me, and offered me a £100k p/w pay rise, then I'd go - no matter who was flaming in charge, and no matter what he said about CL football. After the season we had it was always going to be hard, no matter who was at the helm, and unfortunately it seems as if NC wimped out of it - as if this would have occurred under him, he knows the backlash he would have got.

It's clever in a way, as he now looks like the genius and the guy who held it all together. But he used KL's money to do so, and once that wasn't forthcoming as readily as he hoped, he wasn't interested in any more. To me, he bailed on us and wimped out of this inevitable difficult summer - no matter how well he did in the last 5 years.

Edited by S-Clarke

What planet are you on? £4m for a 32-year-old combined with all that Rickie contributed to the club is staggeringly good business.

Staggeringly good business :lol: Do you want to buy some magic beans off me?

Forget that West Ham basically offered double that, perhaps we could have kept him, knowing his value to us far outweighed whatever price he would reach in the open market. Perhaps that would have been staggeringly good business too.

Arguably our most reliable players last season were: Boruc, Jose, Cork, Davis, Clyne, Chambers & JRod, these are the one's who want to play for Saints. If those big time Charlie's think that just because they have had one good season, then they are the next best thing then let them go. Every single one of them will spend more time on the bench than playing football. Meanwhile Saints will spend the tens of millions we have squeezed out of the "big" clubs on some top rate players who actually want to play for us. Fook the lot of them.

Arguably our most reliable players last season were: Boruc, Jose, Cork, Davis, Clyne, Chambers & JRod, these are the one's who want to play for Saints. If those big time Charlie's think that just because they have had one good season, then they are the next best thing then let them go. Every single one of them will spend more time on the bench than playing football. Meanwhile Saints will spend the tens of millions we have squeezed out of the "big" clubs on some top rate players who actually want to play for us. Fook the lot of them.

Lovren, Shaw, Morgan and Lallana were probably 4 of the most consistent over the course of the season.

Forget that West Ham basically offered double that, perhaps we could have kept him, knowing his value to us far outweighed whatever price he would reach in the open market. Perhaps that would have been staggeringly good business too.

It doesn't matter what we get for players leaving! The thing is that replacing them at whatever price is a lottery!

Money doesn't buy success unless you have so much of it you can afford countless mistakes!

Why are people blaming the board? They are not actively looking to sell players, they do not want any players to leave, their business model is not based on developing and then selling on players. The players want to go and once that happens its pretty much a done deal in the modern game. That's why Nicola couldn't keep ox once his old man wanted him to go. That's why had Liverpool bid for Lambert under Nicolas leadership he'd have been gone. We are not a champions league team and there was never ever going to be a hope in hell of us being a champions league team, regardless of whether Marcus died or Nicola stayed. Look at what's happened to villa and thank kl that she seems to be a bit more sensible than them. The best we can hope for is Europa league and a cup win, which makes poch's attitude in the cups even worse.

Here's a heads up to some of the depressed on here. If McQueen or Gallagher come good and reach champions league level, they'll move on. Get your heads round it, you've got a few years notice, start excepting it. Its not going to change, regardless of whether Williams,cortese or Ralph is running the club.

100% this.

The last few months have shown me that against my misguided belief, there are a number of irrationally moronic Southampton fans who frequent this board. It's a shame, because I personally thought as a whole we were better than the national demographic. Turns our we're not.

Man up.

January transfer window puts on a premium anyway, and the deal for Lambert is up to £9m anyway.

It doesn't matter what we get for players leaving! The thing is that replacing them at whatever price is a lottery!

Money doesn't buy success unless you have so much of it you can afford countless mistakes!

Not disagreeing with you

For the sums that a 32 year old was likely to command in the transfer market (Wham is a slightly different case), the smarter business would have been to keep Lambert. We're not in the business to make players dreams come true.

Do you honestly believe the project is still in place! Unfortunately it went with Cortese.

Exactly my point. Indeed this was exactly my point some months ago when I first was told about player departures. The key was not in the players themselves going, but in the club strategy going forwards. It's going to be different...whether it will be as good remains to be seen.

January transfer window puts on a premium anyway, and the deal for Lambert is up to £9m anyway.

We don't know that it's up to £9m -and if in the unlikely case it is, how realisable those clauses are. Other places have reported its £2m + £2m in add-ons.

Do you honestly believe the project is still in place! Unfortunately it went with Cortese.

For clarity could you explain the following ;

What was " the project"

Where would we finish in the league during " the project", average position.

How much roughly would " the project " cost

Who was going to fund " the project"

At the end of " the project" , which football club would we be comparable to?

their business model is not based on developing and then selling on players.

Ummm, yes it is. Have you not read "The Tales of the Secret Footballer". The entire business plan is based on maintaining mid table premier league status off the back of selling academy graduates.

You can't blame the players, if I was Morgan I'd be looking for the quickest exit, they're closest to the club and can see our ambition going down the drain, just a small number of deluded lot on here can't.

Ummm, yes it is. Have you not read "The Tales of the Secret Footballer". The entire business plan is based on maintaining mid table premier league status off the back of selling academy graduates.

Not risking copyright infirngement but the details are on: p.116, 3rd para

Morgan is good enough for CL football and deserves to be playing at a higher level. He has been terrific for us and stayed when he could have gone. Just hope he goes to a proper elite club abroad and not those north London yobbos.

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

Stop calling it a 'project', f*ck sake. It's a not very big football club who unsurprisingly loses its better players to bigger and better clubs. I'm starting to wonder how long some of you have been interested in football if you're only just starting to realise this.

For clarity could you explain the following ;

What was " the project"

Where would we finish in the league during " the project", average position.

How much roughly would " the project " cost

Who was going to fund " the project"

At the end of " the project" , which football club would we be comparable to?

How the eff would I know it was not me that called it a project it was Cortese! I was replying to someone who still thinks it (what ever it was) is still in place

I suggest you re direct your questions to NC!

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

Morgan may or may not go but most of that article is codswallop. Mind you it's the Mirror so that's to be expected, another tabloid on the payroll of certain clubs and political parties. It's been clearly from Koeman and Reed and from genuine ITKs on here that the money will be reinvested in high quality signings and that the young players will be introduced as appropriate - just like Shaw, Chambers and JWP have been, not thrown in at the deep end like the bankrupt days of 2008-9. This article is just proof that the papers don't have a clue what goes on at SFC.

Exactly!! Maybe different if we had a billion pounds to spend!!

Shaw goes from 5 to 90k per week. Lallana goes from 40 to 100k per week. What's not to get?? Wanyama, Cork, Davis & JWP can keep us up if Morgan goes. I worry about the defence, but we have enough money to sort that.

If what he wants is CL football, then I don't think it can be to anyone other than Arsenal in this country. The next question is which club in another country would both want him and be able to afford him?

It could be that his intention is just to run down his contract to the point that the transfer fee diminishes.

Well I think the board did have a part to play as after the final whistle went at the end of the season Krueger basically said come and buy our players. The club then made the fudge of no decision til after the WC to try and appease but it seems patently clear that the deals were still being done. I do understand that Man U and Liverpool are massive clubs and am not too worried about LS and AL ,but as far as. I'm aware the players under contract can be told they are not for sale period and get on with it.

Unless they have release clauses, contract negociations aren't always a one way street you know.

Well if they have release clauses they don't need to give the board their position. The club that wants them just roll up and pay the fee. Perhaps some of the Shaw fee should be invested in paying a bit more in wages to appease, and then tell the players to honour their contracts for at least another season.Personally I would rather spend a large chunk of the fees in wages for the most important players rather than buy a lot of new faces.I do understand we will need some replacements but to have a nucleus of last seasons team and add a few would be preferable

Fitzhugh

Poor grammar on my behalf Duncan . It should have been posing a question re potential mass exodus and saying there was exodus and my positive thoughts for the future . I should have been more precise in what I was inferring .

But it's clear you don't like me and want to take any pot shots you can at me where possible .

While your picking faults in my posts . Which was written very early this morning

I might add your not perfect when it comes to grammar etc . Take a look at your all saints book page 449

I hadn't realised dani Rodrigues and Peter Rodrigues were both born on the 3 march 1980 in Madeira

But carry on and have a pop at my posts if you must particularly if it gives you so,PM's

And yes I'm angry at what is happening at the club . But I am very confident we are about to get some good replacements in for those who think the grass is greener on the other side

Schneiderlin showed his loyalty by staying with us in league one when all on the french youth set up were telling him to leave.

While I don't want him to go, I wouldn't begrudge him a move.

This is the one that will disapppoint me most. In fact, I'd be upset (in a sad way).

Morgan has been my favourite player ever since he first pulled on the shirt. It was obvious even it that relegation season that the lad was class. He is currently (and perhaps at least) 10 times the player he was then.

Well Arsenal turned down signing Fabregas because they had too many midfielders, so that leaves Spurs, and I don't think they'll have the money.

Different player to Fabregas. Well known that Arsenal are on the look out for a holding midfielder, and unfortunately for us, I think Morgan would fit them perfectly. You'd hope we would be loathe to sell to Spurs, so Arsenal seem the best bet.

2ZDRJkdl_bigger.jpeg

Verified account
@
francoispinet

D'après nos informations, Alexis Sanchez (Barça) et Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton) vont signer à Arsenal.

Twitter is now reporting several rumors, that deals are in place for Morgan and Alexis Sanchez with Arsenal when Chile and France go out of the World Cup.

Twitter isn't a person, anyone on the world can post on Twitter. If you use Twitter as a source you really need to say who on Twitter.

Edited by Matthew Le God