Osvaldo

SO16_Saint

Bit suprised Sharp seems to be back on the scene. Thought he could have sorted a move out already this summer.

Got a contract for another year, who knows Koeman might give him a chance. the only players we seem to be able to transfer out are those you'd think we wanted to keep.

When is the first friendly ? Couple of weeks away perhaps.

Couple of weeks, 21st' July.

billy sharp @billysharp10 · 55m

Enjoyable 1st day back at training with Southampton,new training ground is class and nice to meet the new staff too

Just a thought but didn't the Italian league finish after ours and maybe dani isn't due back for another week or so.

Edit : just checked and it finished on 18th May and ours 11th. Wasn't the link earlier about him expected back from the echo as well ?

Edited by Convict Colony

....just a thought, but the Feyenord fans credit Koeman for dealing with Pelle's slightly more 'wild' side and getting the best out of him... maybe he could do the same with Dani.... but personally if someone offered us money for him, I'd take it...

Interesting to see how we deal with this. Need to show some ******** really or it sets a poor standard.

Think Kelvin referred to him earlier today in his video interview so the players obviously notice and its double standards.

Clearly no way back but can't have him on holiday whilst being paid 60k a week.

Interesting to see how we deal with this. Need to show some ******** really or it sets a poor standard.

Think Kelvin referred to him earlier today in his video interview so the players obviously notice and its double standards.

Clearly no way back but can't have him on holiday whilst being paid 60k a week.

It's a bit presumptuous to think he was talking about Osvaldo. He just referred to someone turning up late...Ossie didn't turn up at all so couldn't have been talking about him ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing Osvaldo and Pelle starting up front together. Could be a formidable force, or a clash of the psychopaths.

I wouldn't mind seeing Osvaldo gone. Horrible piece of work who didn't want to be here from day 1, as you can see by his eagerness to return for training. Get rid, prepare for life without him. Take a huge loss, whatever, just get rid of the ****.

I wouldn't mind seeing Osvaldo gone. Horrible piece of work who didn't want to be here from day 1, as you can see by his eagerness to return for training. Get rid, prepare for life without him. Take a huge loss, whatever, just get rid of the ****.

Could not agree more....

l

Other clubs are well aware of what he is. Can't see the board accepting peanuts for him. Unless he can be shipped off on a string of loans for the remainder of his contract (unlikely that Juve will renew interest), we're stuck with him. That said, can't really imagine seeing him at Staplewood again let alone playing on SMS.

l

Other clubs are well aware of what he is. Can't see the board accepting peanuts for him. Unless he can be shipped off on a string of loans for the remainder of his contract (unlikely that Juve will renew interest), we're stuck with him. That said, can't really imagine seeing him at Staplewood again let alone playing on SMS.

plenty of clubs will take him on loan if the price is low enough, plenty of other nasty pieces of work in the Calcio. Managed 4 months at Juve without getting into too much trouble I think. Probably just hated Southampton in general and Southampton FC in particular and made sure he got out soon enough.

No Boruc then, suppose he had a couple of internationals after the season ended and won't be back for a while yet.

Nothing to do with that as other players also had internationals and were at training, Boruc was given leave due to getting married...

BrfctouCUAAYUYY.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

With the situation as it is, keeping a team spirit is all the more important. If anything I would be less happy to see him back in the team now than when he was sent on loan. Mixing Osvaldo back into the team could cause major issues.

I don't think he was ever happy to be playing for Saints. Even if he was wanting to play now it's a case of more harm than good for me.

Sell if we can, loan if we can't.

@tancredipalmeri: Southampton will negotiate transfer out of Osvaldo to Inter, according to Mediaset, as Inter have already agreed personal terms with player

tapping up?

Also - those saying "he's not good enough for Saints"... really? He's not good enough for a mid table Prem team, but a team who has won the league 18 times (5 seasons running 05-10), runners up 13 times, CL winners 3 times, UEFA cup winners 3 times... you get the picture...

Edited by SO16_Saint

tapping up?

Also - those saying "he's not good enough for Saints"... really? He's not good enough for a mid table Prem team, but a team who has won the league 18 times (5 seasons running 05-10), runners up 13 times, CL winners 3 times, UEFA cup winners 3 times... you get the picture...

No, not good enough for Saints. His mental attitude stank. He didn't ever really want to be here. He was bad for team morale. He admitted that he found it tough playing in the English PL because the poor dear thought that the tackling was a tad uncompromising and the pace of play too fast.

If he's wanted by Inter, they obviously think that he's good enough for them, yet he wasn't good enough for Juventus to sign him. Want me to list all the historical achievements for Juve? One would have thought that he might have made a bit more effort to excel there, considering that he was back in his beloved Italy, playing at a level that he considered he was worthy of, but no, not good enough for us, not good enough for them either.

The Italian national team obviously made a mental note about how he had failed here and at Juve, but Inter reckon that they can rehabilitate him. Let's got shot of the liability and chalk it down to poor judgement by Pochettino.

The talk in the club is that it was a Cortese signing.

I've heard similar. Poch definitely wasn't the driving force ... Nic wanted his annual marquee signing for the fans/his ego leaving Poch quite annoyed at how much we'd spent on him.

mayuka

Edit: This is fact when cortese had idle moments he used to watch young boys on his television and sometimes even went to see young boys in the flesh in switzerland when he was on holiday + this is where he first saw mayuka

Edited by Bearsy