Liverpool fan reaction's to Suarez - are they for real...

Saint86

Thought I'd share this, not directly related to saints, although you could argue that his sale has funded our summer....

Just think the Liverpool reaction is hysterical...

"Liverpool fan here. I'm disappointed. I thought I knew football but obviously I don't. Contracts seem to mean nothing these days. He signed a six year contract with liverpool last season with a £80 million buy out clause. Now he's gone with neither completing his contract or getting the buy out clause activated."

Does he not see the irony of this post, do they think they are bigger than Barca, or realise that football has always worked with the big clubs pulling players off of the smaller clubs. Utter madness.

Should chin up a few saints fans who thought that we were the only ones getting stripped this summer. Make no mistake, £64m for Luis Suarez on a long term contract is an awful deal for them.

What a bunch of delusional f**ks. Typical Scouse sense of entitlement and self importance.

It's fine when you do it to other clubs but when someone does it to you you don't understand? W**kers the lot of them.

Yes, they havn't endeared themselves to me recently.

The buyout clause was a lot lower for Barca/Real as well.

They seem to be getting excited about the transfer fee and have plumped for the highest quoted of £75m. As mentioned elsewhere, I suspect that the fee was €80m. I believe they bought Bale in € rather than £ - very convenient for Liverpool to try and convince their fans that they have done better than they actually have by conveniently ignoring the exchange rate. Transfermarkt claim it is £71.28m which would be about €90m

Anyway, I hope they really struggle. Their fans aren't overly happy at the moment, and I suspect that they won't with whoever they sign to replace him. Give the biter his due, he was a damn good player.

The buyout clause was a lot lower for Barca/Real as well.

They seem to be getting excited about the transfer fee and have plumped for the highest quoted of £75m. As mentioned elsewhere, I suspect that the fee was €80m. I believe they bought Bale in € rather than £ - very convenient for Liverpool to try and convince their fans that they have done better than they actually have by conveniently ignoring the exchange rate. Transfermarkt claim it is £71.28m which would be about €90m

Anyway, I hope they really struggle. Their fans aren't overly happy at the moment, and I suspect that they won't with whoever they sign to replace him. Give the biter his due, he was a damn good player.

No doubt he is a top drawer player, but he is a top drawer c**t to match. Suited Liverpool and their fans really. Never liked them or the club, this summer hasn't really done much to change that.

Thought I'd share this, not directly related to saints, although you could argue that his sale has funded our summer....

"Liverpool fan here. I'm disappointed. I thought I knew football but obviously I don't. Contracts seem to mean nothing these days. He signed a six year contract with liverpool last season with a £80 million buy out clause. Now he's gone with neither completing his contract or getting the buy out clause activated."

Does he not see the irony of this post, do they think they are bigger than Barca, or realise that football has always worked with the big clubs pulling players off of the smaller clubs. Utter madness.

Should chin up a few saints fans who thought that we were the only ones getting stripped this summer. Make no mistake, £64m for Luis Suarez on a long term contract is an awful deal for them.

Just to complete the irony, there ought to be a suggestion from them that when he was at the World Cup, he had probably been tapped up by some of the Barcelona players, telling him what a marvellous club it was and how happy he would be there on the bigger stage and the increased limelight that Barca would bring him over Liverpool.

When a club has millions of fans worldwide, chances are that social media and fan forums will throw up a few idiots spouting self-interested rubbish. We are hardly immune! Let's not forgot their hardcore fans (or those that actually attend games) clapped us off the pitch at Anfield last year after we beat them. Did my degree and masters in Liverpool and while I lived there the scousers I knew were some of the most gracious, good-humoured, and respectful football fans you'd care to meet, and they always had nice things to say about Southampton.

Don't get all the bluster about their supposedly delusional fanbase.

So, tax fraud, Qatari money, Suarez...I assume the 'more than a club' tag will be ditched now?

Barcelona - 'business comes first'

Great shame that Barcelona have signed him as it does tarnish a previously highly respected club.

In the past few years, with Xavi etc, I've always wanted them to stuff the mancs etc. Don't think I'll be able to wish them so well now, so perhaps good reason to try and ignore Champions League completely as far as possible.

We can replace Lallana and Lambert but Suarez was a once in a generation player for Liverpool, it will be interesting to see who they try to replace him with. I can see their goal threat drop by 50% ish as Suarez did so much more than just score goals. The England failures won't cut it.

We can replace Lallana and Lambert but Suarez was a once in a generation player for Liverpool, it will be interesting to see who they try to replace him with. I can see their goal threat drop by 50% ish as Suarez did so much more than just score goals. The England failures won't cut it.

I think Lambert was a once in a generation player for us, the difference is we had the best years out of him whilst Suarez could get even better.

They are trying to replace with Bony for a start. But I don't think you can replace Suarez with just one player, and that to me is the sign of a great player.

When a club has millions of fans worldwide, chances are that social media and fan forums will throw up a few idiots spouting self-interested rubbish. We are hardly immune! Let's not forgot their hardcore fans (or those that actually attend games) clapped us off the pitch at Anfield last year after we beat them. Did my degree and masters in Liverpool and while I lived there the scousers I knew were some of the most gracious, good-humoured, and respectful football fans you'd care to meet, and they always had nice things to say about Southampton.

Spot on.

The vast majority of Liverpool fans I hear on talkSPORT have southern accents. Nowt like a glory hunter for a vocal sense of entitlement.

Agree with this - look at all the Liverpool "fans" spouting off on Twitter about Dejan/Lallana etc., they are almost exclusively foreign and more often than not seem to be based in Thailand etc.

Saints just don't have that worldwide fanbase and the few LFC I've met that actually go to matches are decent, proper football people - none of this modern football rubbish.

I know a few Liverpool season ticket holders and they are decent fellas and pretty respectful when I chatted to them about Lallana. The real fans believe they were in a false position last year due to their dreadful defence.

Without Suarez and the added games that the CL and Europa League (if they are lucky) will bring means that they'll struggle to repeat last years near miss. Personally see them 4th or 5th this term.

I know a few Liverpool season ticket holders and they are decent fellas and pretty respectful when I chatted to them about Lallana. The real fans believe they were in a false position last year due to their dreadful defence.

Without Suarez and the added games that the CL and Europa League (if they are lucky) will bring means that they'll struggle to repeat last years near miss. Personally see them 4th or 5th this term.

At best. Can't see them finishing above Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd.

Echo the sentiments about local Liverpool fans. I know plenty from the area and they're my favourite people to chat footy with.

Online you have a degree of anonymity and, of course, a lot of kids/teens, so I'm not sure it's about being foreign. Though I suppose being attracted to a club for its success does change your outlook.

As for the team's prospects next season, I wouldn't underestimate Brendan Rodgers. He's built a terrific team very quickly, has already done a lot of great business and, let's not forget, brought Suarez back from the brink of leaving and guided him to an absolutely stunning season. If he can sort the most important parts - the defence, phasing out Gerrard and now replacing Suarez - I think they'll be up there again. Add one top goalscorer to Sturridge, Markovic and Lambert and I'd say they're in business.

But then this looks to be the most competitive season yet. When's the last time we had five teams with realistic title hopes at the outset? That's what we'll have if United go out and spend that wad of cash wisely.

They bought any defenders yet?

People on here seem to be moaning that we will have an unrecognisable team and that they need time to gel. I think liverpool will be facing a very similar (just more expensive) situation, they will be lucky to get a top 4 spot unless they can find a real replacement for Suarez.

They bought any defenders yet?

People on here seem to be moaning that we will have an unrecognisable team and that they need time to gel. I think liverpool will be facing a very similar (just more expensive) situation, they will be lucky to get a top 4 spot unless they can find a real replacement for Suarez.

They haven't signed anyone in defence yet, but that will surely come.

Liverpool's team won't change half as much as ours though. Suarez will almost certainly be the only player they lose who they'd have preferred to keep, and the only other change(s) to the XI will be in defence. Players like Lallana and Markovic will come in and play but I very much doubt they'll keep Sterling from the first XI on a regular basis.

Edited by DuncanRG

To be fair, whenever one of these scousers starts on this vein, the rest on the forum rinse them highlighting that 'pool have just done the exact same thing to us

Yes. Alternatively, take 2 glaring chances against a poor defence in what was a very even game. 'Destroy'? Well you do tend to go way over the top whichever way the wind is blowing. Not sure what part of him destroying england make rooney and sturridge incapable of taking their own chances.

Exactly. He took those chances and destroyed our World Cup

Considering he was out for 6 weeks after a knee op and most predicted he would not even be fit for the World Cup. To last 90 mins was an apparent achievement