Will the Club make some kind of statement

9-3

He has spoken...........

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 16m

We can confirm that @CalumChambers95 has joined @Arsenal for an undisclosed fee. #saintsfc

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 7m

Les Reed: “We are naturally disappointed whenever any of our Academy graduates leave and that is very much the case with Calum’s departure.”

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 6m

Les Reed: “Our position remains unchanged in that we are determined to keep our best young players at the club.” #saintsfc

Les Reed: “Everybody at the club is continuing to work hard on bringing in quality new players.” #saintsfc

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 5m

Les Reed: “It is important in the transfer window to remain calm, resilient and above all patient.” #saintsfc

Les Reed: “We have targets, and we are working hard to get them across the line.” #saintsfc

He has spoken...........

We can confirm that @CalumChambers95 has joined @Arsenal for an undisclosed fee. #saintsfc

Les Reed: “We are naturally disappointed whenever any of our Academy graduates leave and that is very much the case with Calum’s departure.”

Les Reed: “Our position remains unchanged in that we are determined to keep our best young players at the club.” #saintsfc

Les Reed: “Everybody at the club is continuing to work hard on bringing in quality new players.” #saintsfc

Les Reed: “It is important in the transfer window to remain calm, resilient and above all patient.” #saintsfc

Les Reed: “We have targets, and we are working hard to get them across the line.” #saintsfc

And it's a load of utter horse****.

That's why I ask them to STFU, and get some players in. That's the only answer at the moment, none of these pathetic one line statements which take us for fools.

He has spoken...........

Wow what a statement. same shyte different day. Determined to keep our young talent? Shame they cant prove that determination with action.

And it's a load of utter horse****.

That's why I ask them to STFU, and get some players in. That's the only answer at the moment, none of these pathetic one line statements which take us for fools.

hillarious stuff

Yet you have one or two on here and the uglies that were so camped in the anyone but cortese that they will not ciriticse the board now

Les or his advisors really don't seem to grasp the PR of this situation. They opened the door with Lallana and now it can't be closed. Anyone with an inkling of leaving will unfortunately be thinking **** I need to get out now. Anyone we want to come will be wondering what's going on in the background and that will put them off massively. By letting players go one after the other simply because they ask to shows that there is not enough backbone. The big clubs are gleefully bending us over and taking our talent in ways that has never happened before because they know we won't put up a fight, it's just a matter of a nice figure of money to get the deal done, or at least it seems that way.

It really does feel at the moment that we are being "done to" with everything going the wrong way and nothing going the right way.

Usually I try to see the positive in most situations but right now its a struggle.

Of course 3 or 4 through the door this week with no more out might just help things a bit.

Wow what a statement. same shyte different day. Determined to keep our young talent? Shame they cant prove that determination with action.

As you say, whoever writes this **** obviously doesn't see the irony of the complete dichotomy of writing this - "determined to keep our best young players at the club" - and the actual course of action taken.

It really does feel at the moment that we are being "done to" with everything going the wrong way and nothing going the right way.

Usually I try to see the positive in most situations but right now its a struggle.

Of course 3 or 4 through the door this week with no more out might just help things a bit.

Yep this, it really is getting hard to support them especially with shocking short sighted statements like this one. Actions are all that counts at this point and we need faces in the door immediately or we really will be in **** come start of season.

hillarious stuff

Yet you have one or two on here and the uglies that were so camped in the anyone but cortese that they will not ciriticse the board now

Even Fitzhugh said his confidence is dented when the news about chambers first started coming through. I'm not sure who's left in the ABC camp, if anyone.

Yes Les keep "struggling" to get incoming deals over the line whilst managing to wrap up two outward deals in a day.

He and the board are just incompetent fools who would never get another job at any other football team of any standing.

KL hasn't a hope she may mean well but is residing over dark times.

Every outgoing they allow without completing incoming deals will probably make them harder and , as it appears is happening ,more expensive as teams know we are easy game and desperate.

Never known a club run like this. His empty words mean absolutely nothing as we have listened to a load ofb****e from him before which has proved to be false.

What a ****ing ****

The fact that we are announcing these players before announcing their replacements is the biggest indicator that the board don't have the required skills or personnel to run Southampton FC. Unless we are planning on announcing 3 players at once or something the board have gone mental. The only positive thing is that we do have a pretty big warchest now and all of the players who have left can be replaced with better - but can we do it? RK get his own team which is good for him.

Yes in theory, but I can guarantee you we are going to have a very hard sell on our hands trying to convince good players to join, let alone better than we had.

calm, resilient and above all patient.

Calm - I think that most of us were calm after the manager, the main striker for the past 5 years, the captain and the outstanding 18yo left back were sold. We were resigned that Lovren was going due to **** poor man management on the club's part. But Chambers - I think we have been calm enough for the past 2 months.

Resilient - sure we will in time. You Mr Reed are unlikely to be a Saints supporter and will be long gone when we spring back to where we were. If you think that we will be anywhere near last season then you are barking mad. If we are, then I'll send you a case of champagne (6 bottles not 12!!). I would like to think that you read the forum - if so we could make a wager and have this as a two way thing.

Patient - are we to be patient like Man Utd fans were with Moyes summer transfer activity last year? At least they had the benefit of not selling half the team that started, with probably more to come.

We are getting a right spanking in the transfer market.

I reckon we are going for a very high risk strategy. Namely, see if we can finish in the prem and hang on to the money, 17th, will do. Or, if we get relegated, take the money with us and start building again at a fraction of the cost.

Looks like we are a 'yoyo' club and the board are happy with that.

We are getting a right spanking in the transfer market.

That's the thing. By most reasonable measures we aren't. The amount we were offered for Chambers was crazy high. Wenger admits it's a big risk for Arsenal. Most people here rate Chambers below Clyne. We spent less than that to acquire what seems to be an exciting upgrade to Rickie Lambert.

We can spend that money on a great new LB (with Targett as backup) and a strong supporting RB. ...and overall the squad is strengthened and better balanced.

The problem is the perception... and suspicion that the money we're getting in won't be recycled. But if it is, the actual deals done so far all seem to be really strong business deals. There's no evidence Reed is a bad negotiator. Indeed, it's he who brought in the Koeman brothers.

We're supposed to be supporters. I think it's too early to hit the panic button. The alleged communication issues with the players does trouble me, and I'd love to know the full back story. But in terms of actual public transactions, there's no evidence of incompetence. These deals are actually pretty amazing... PROVIDED the money is now well spent.

That's the thing. By most reasonable measures we aren't. The amount we were offered for Chambers was crazy high. Wenger admits it's a big risk for Arsenal. Most people here rate Chambers below Clyne. We spent less than that to acquire what seems to be an exciting upgrade to Rickie Lambert.

We can spend that money on a great new LB (with Targett as backup) and a strong supporting RB. ...and overall the squad is strengthened and better balanced.

The problem is the perception... and suspicion that the money we're getting in won't be recycled. But if it is, the actual deals done so far all seem to be really strong business deals. There's no evidence Reed is a bad negotiator. Indeed, it's he who brought in the Koeman brothers.

We're supposed to be supporters. I think it's too early to hit the panic button. The alleged communication issues with the players does trouble me, and I'd love to know the full back story. But in terms of actual public transactions, there's no evidence of incompetence. These deals are actually pretty amazing... PROVIDED the money is now well spent.

Taken in isolation the deal may be seen as good (personally I don't think so but can see how others might) however there is more to a 'good deal' than the price.

On an individual basis they can all be argued as good value deals for us (with possible exception of Lambert), but it's the cumulative effect that's the problem. I am sure we are intending to make purchases for replacements which we HOPE will be somewhere near as good in future, but there are absolutely no guarantees of that, which is why it is always more sensible to operate a policy of "evolution" of the squad rather than revolution.

I simply cannot accept that selling this many of our first team in one window is a sensible policy, no matter how good the individual deals are. We are risking too much on all of the signings (assuming we make them) and/or promotions from the youth set-up working out quickly enough. You refer to Pelle being an "exciting upgrade" on Lambert for instance, but we are still replacing a proven Prem striker with an unproven one - a great record in the Dutch league is no cast iron guaranteed of success in England. It is acceptable to take 2 or 3 risks of this nature while keeping the rest of the spine of your team intact but not 6 or 7 in my opinion!

Even Fitzhugh said his confidence is dented when the news about chambers first started coming through. I'm not sure who's left in the ABC camp, if anyone.

oh there is. a couple of the uglies have the 'greatest respect' for the board and KL

Big fat stuey is fully behind this lot and glad clotese has gone

Turkish will see this and post a lovely message in Stu's defence, anytime now

What is the point of a club statement everyone of them has lied through their teeth every time a microphone was put in front of them!

We don't need to sell

We will kick on and strengthen our squad

We want to keep our young players

Good players are Queuing up to come to this club

We will be clear and transparent at all times

we are aiming for Europe

All monies will be reinvested

We will sort out Mopos contract at the end of the season

and on and on it goes!

Yes Les keep "struggling" to get incoming deals over the line whilst managing to wrap up two outward deals in a day.

He and the board are just incompetent fools who would never get another job at any other football team of any standing.

KL hasn't a hope she may mean well but is residing over dark times.

Every outgoing they allow without completing incoming deals will probably make them harder and , as it appears is happening ,more expensive as teams know we are easy game and desperate.

Never known a club run like this. His empty words mean absolutely nothing as we have listened to a load ofb****e from him before which has proved to be false.

What a ****ing ****

Absolutely true a bunch go useless t--ts who bought Osvaldo and Ramirez.

Clubs know we are an easy touch and know we will have to pay over the odds

What other board has ever sold up to eight of their top players

Les has always been a failure

Come October the board will be too scared to face the fans

That's an example of how stupid the club is. Of course that phrase was always going to be taken out of context but les will lose his job partly because of the statements he has made come October

Why would you appoint a nonentity like les reed to run things. Failed at everything he has ever done

Spot on!

Well hopefully we may hear something Wednesday or Thursday. A board meeting has been called for Wednesday with 8 in attendance. No idea who or what it is about but it is fact.

expect a press release with LOTS of spin IMO

Well hopefully we may hear something Wednesday or Thursday. A board meeting has been called for Wednesday with 8 in attendance. No idea who or what it is about but it is fact.

"Thanks for the dosh, i'm outta here"

There will soon be more board members than players.

Maybe he is talking about the U14s. Have any of them left recently? I don't think so. Good job, Les.

They probably need some help counting the money and putting it into containers for it to be shipped to Switzerland.

A few thoughts .....

Les Reed issued that statement while negotiating with Spuds to sell Morgan and Jay as the recent news that has come out indicates .......What a sham FFS

No Training pictures today ? why ..probably because Jay and Morgan are sick doing medicals ??? Maybe others are missing

I get the feeling RK is getting fed up , his two pictures he posted on twitter are almost sarcastic irony .

The Domino effect Guan talked about was out not in !!

Why has Fonte and Cork not been given new contracts ?? Because I would imagine they are low wages as we were in Div 1 one they signed .....so add 40-50k oer week between them on wage cost ? over 2 million a year saved by not giving them new contracts ...plus how much do we think the wages have come down with the players that have left.

wouldnt surprise me if Fonte , cork , VW and JWP go next ..........

Surely the PL will have something to say if we are fielding a youth team on opening day !!

The fact that we are announcing these players before announcing their replacements is the biggest indicator that the board don't have the required skills or personnel to run Southampton FC. Unless we are planning on announcing 3 players at once or something the board have gone mental. The only positive thing is that we do have a pretty big warchest now and all of the players who have left can be replaced with better - but can we do it? RK get his own team which is good for him.

of course we can buy players issue is are we allowed to

By most reasonable measures we are... your post has major flaws.

Chambers will progress further than Clyne and was 1st choice last season when fit

Pelle being an upgrade on Lambert is pure speculation as he has yet to play against PL defenders.

Overall squad strengthened and better balanced... where did you dream that up from

F*ck me, he's managed to flog 90mill worth of players in next to no time.

Maybe if you don't flog every decent player we have someone might actually want to join us you useless c*nt. Think about it Reed, no one (except the desperate or sh!t) is going to go near us in this current state.

No one has been able to stop the dominos thus far.

Think we are going to now have to pay well over the odds for someone (most likely Vlarr), just to show other targets we can bring people in.

One of four Dutch nationals that are priority targets.

Quite a bit of buck passing will come to head this week. Boardroom personnel may change, not as much as first team.

Morgan was a key member (view of entire club). So we have to do something drastic now.

That's as much detail I can go into from the bullet points I was sent. We lose either way with J-rod, MoPo likes Ings as well, and Liverpool fancy both.

Think we are going to now have to pay well over the odds for someone (most likely Vlarr), just to show other targets we can bring people in.

Quite a bit of buck passing will come to head this week. Boardroom personnel may change, not as much as first team.

Morgan was a key member (view of entire club). So we have to do something drastic now.

That's as much detail I can go into from the bullet points I was sent. We lose either way with J-rod, MoPo likes Ings as well, and Liverpool fancy both.

Hopefully someone from the club will have the balls to send a proper message to the fans. Totally incompetent at the moment

Not the sort of update I was hoping for.

We're gone, aren't we?

Marching Orders for Les Greed and Wreck it Ralph?