Will the Club make some kind of statement

9-3

...signing the next TWO players will be a statement in itself. Patience is required, transfers are much more than just signing on the dotted line.

Signing the next two players will be a miracle in itself

Who the Hell will want to come to a Club that is in such an obvious meltdown mode ???

Bedwetting ?? NO, just counting

Lambert gone

Shaw gone

Lallana gone

Lovren gone

Chambers any minute

Schneiderlin any minute

Fonte possibly

JWP possibly

JRod possibly

What on earth have Saints fans to wet the bed for ?? It's just me being negative again

A statement wouldn't make the blindest difference to how many turn up for the first home match. And that attendance will be down because it always is for the first match anyway due to holidays.

I'm not just talking about the first match. We all know what happened to attendances at the end of the Lowe days. When relegated from nPC, the average attendance was 17,849 (not that I am saying it will be that bad).

How about its a **** load of money for someone who's played 20 times in the top division and we already have a better RB.

Your reasonings are all sound when they are taken in isolation, but when it's half the starting line up being sold and as yet few replacements, it's hardly out of order for us to be a tad worried. Even if we end up getting in quality replacements for all of those being sold, getting them all to bed in could lead to us flirting seriously with relegation this season.

Anything they say -- anything any club or player ever says -- is just bullcrud they think we want to hear. Actions speak louder than words -- let's just get out on the pitch and play great football... and thrash Liverpool while we're at it if possible please!

except apparently Morgan, he's always been straight down the middle with what he's said. Warned us what might happen in an Echo interview last April, set it out for us in short words. Keep Poch and then we'll see. We didn't, so we've seen. I don't think that interview was ever repeated or covered on the OS, they chose to hide it perhaps or didn't give it any consequence but it was the shape of things to come.

let me remind you of what was said:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11142112.Schneiderlin___why_this_is_a_huge_summer_for_the_Saints_board/

Edited by Window Cleaner

except apparently Morgan, he's always been straight down the middle with what he's said. Warned us what might happen in an Echo interview last April, set it out for us in short words. Keep poch and then we'll see. We didn't, so we've seen.

Morgan set out clearly that he wanted to see us strengthen. We haven't done so and so he wants to leave which to be honest is completely fine by me.

Signing the next two players will be a miracle in itself

Who the Hell will want to come to a Club that is in such an obvious meltdown mode ???

Bedwetting ?? NO, just counting

Lambert gone

Shaw gone

Lallana gone

Lovren gone

Chambers any minute

Schneiderlin any minute

Fonte possibly

JWP possibly

JRod possibly

What on earth have Saints fans to wet the bed for ?? It's just me being negative again

Nope, that's just plain negative! Life must be a disappointment

After his death at the age of 62 in August 2010 and the subsequent inheritance of Mali Holdings by Katharina, she decided to make 31 employees redundant and has since been accused of failing to set a new direction for the company.

The Swiss newspaper Der Bund said that while Mali initially said that Katharina would continue her father's work, "it has become increasingly clear in recent months that Mali can't sort out the successorship".

One employee at Wifag was quoted saying: "With the death of the patron, the chicken has lost its head. For a while it continued wandering around without a sense of direction, then it bled to death."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/16/katharina-liebherr-southampton-football-owner-german-markus

This article is looking more prescient by the day.

Your reasonings are all sound when they are taken in isolation, but when it's half the starting line up being sold and as yet few replacements, it's hardly out of order for us to be a tad worried. Even if we end up getting in quality replacements for all of those being sold, getting them all to bed in could lead to us flirting seriously with relegation this season.

And I was responding purely to the Chambers part. If we don't sign platers to replace then yes there are big problems.

Here's the problem, they have lied or been economical with the truth to date so what is the point of a statement

"we are not a selling club" Liars. Ok I accept most of it is pressure from want away players going to higher placed clubs and much higher salaries but why give a statement that you cannot back up

"we have had no bids for players" Lallana & Shaw were aware of firm offers before the World Cup so lies again

"we have players were are targeting but it takes time" This seems a one way process as we have completed the sale of all those players other clubs wanted!! Lies again?

"Chambers has been injured and not trained for a few days" That is because he was having a medical at Arsenal Why lie. Why not just say he is not available tonight! Lies again?

So, what is the point of club statements.

The old adage "don't talk the talk - walk the walk" comes to mind. I am not confident we can do that any more.

:lol:

Kat dances on sand

Makes me feel old to think half on here won't recognise the background

hmm what will really make you feel old, is that the still comes from recent (hilarious!) comedy movie step bros, and not, as you seem to suggest some 80s music video!

If Clyne wants to go, we pretty much have to let him.

so what your saying reading between the lines is we had to let the others go aswell?.........the answer quite simply is YES the only loyalty this club has is its fans ! you and me and many others know players and agents have the club by the scrotum as soon as they sign a contract, what we need is a bigger stadium that brings in more revenue to generate a bigger pool of money to keep players happier for a while longer,then sell them on for more.

Here's the problem, they have lied or been economical with the truth to date so what is the point of a statement

"we are not a selling club" Liars. Ok I accept most of it is pressure from want away players going to higher placed clubs and much higher salaries but why give a statement that you cannot back up

"we have had no bids for players" Lallana & Shaw were aware of firm offers before the World Cup so lies again

"we have players were are targeting but it takes time" This seems a one way process as we have completed the sale of all those players other clubs wanted!! Lies again?

"Chambers has been injured and not trained for a few days" That is because he was having a medical at Arsenal Why lie. Why not just say he is not available tonight! Lies again?

The old adage "don't talk the talk - walk the walk" comes to mind. I am not confident we can do that any more.

Sums up my thoughts completely. No point anyone at the club making any kind of statement as I will simply not believe it. I actually feel quite disconnected now. The only action I want to see now is the spending of all the warchest on some real decent talent. Anything less and another lie will have unfolded. However, if that's the case then I think I will not renew my ST next season - I can't support a club with no ambition and one where I'm lied to...doesn't inspire me to have any interest frankly.

All we need to see now are actions. Players brought in, contracts signed. Job done.

Statements mean nothing, hollow words, often spoken by people who are trained to waffle. After what the likes of Ralf came out with earlier in the year, I hope the club keep quiet and just do what needs to be done.

hmm what will really make you feel old, is that the still comes from recent (hilarious!) comedy movie step bros, and not, as you seem to suggest some 80s music video!

F*ck :(

I remember when all this was fields.

Mind you , probably will be again soon

Maybe Chambers was ill. Maybe he wasn't and the club lied about it. Given his impending transfer, this is what happens; all clubs do it. I don't really care about that lie.

I do care that we are selling a great prospect in Chambers. Shocked by that one tbh.

You can make an excuse for selling any one individual player but you cannot excuse selling half the first team. Even Unbelievable Jeff and NickG combined would struggle to write a statement that had any conviction.

Add to that the dishonesty of the previous interviews by Kruguer and Reed and its hardly surprising that the club is losing the confidence of its fans. So a couple of players might be signed and fans should see that as OK? Well, so far its 4, soon to be 5, out and 2 in, both of whom came because of links with the new manager. Reed's promises about players clamouring to be here was empty rhetoric as none have turned up. Some posters have said there will be a statement when we sign a player - of course there will, as any new signing has to be announced, even if it is a 15yr old goalkeeper from Torquay. What is pointless, is a statement of excuses from the club for allowing the team to be dismantled. Pointless because there is no excuse. When it was clear Pochettino was going the club could have acted immediately by putting a block on any player sales and announcing that to the public and the football world. They could also have also have identified specific targets to strengthen the squad, for example, a GK and a CB, and had those names ready for the new manager on his appointment. But instead, cashing in the assets has been the priority.

As fans, we might as well write-off this season and possibly the next year or so until the club has new management, and preferably, new ownership.

Can't see how they can make a statement without contradicting everything they have previously said,unless they plan to throw Koeman under the bus and say he sold them all as he didn't want them.

New players are the only statement the club can make at the minute

Good post and very true our communication has been atrocious what is our strategy how are we intending to deliver it at least if this was clear we might understand!

When you add in the departures to date the comments by many players, the Morgan comments in the echo from some months ago above and the report on Mali from the Swiss papers, I am not filled with confidence that the club know what they are doing or that they are even capable of completing 6 or more good transfers in less than 6 weeks I hope I am wrong and those with dry beds are proved correct!

You can make an excuse for selling any one individual player but you cannot excuse selling half the first team. Even Unbelievable Jeff and NickG combined would struggle to write a statement that had any conviction.

Add to that the dishonesty of the previous interviews by Kruguer and Reed and its hardly surprising that the club is losing the confidence of its fans. So a couple of players might be signed and fans should see that as OK? Well, so far its 4, soon to be 5, out and 2 in, both of whom came because of links with the new manager. Reed's promises about players clamouring to be here was empty rhetoric as none have turned up. Some posters have said there will be a statement when we sign a player - of course there will, as any new signing has to be announced, even if it is a 15yr old goalkeeper from Torquay. What is pointless, is a statement of excuses from the club for allowing the team to be dismantled. Pointless because there is no excuse. When it was clear Pochettino was going the club could have acted immediately by putting a block on any player sales and announcing that to the public and the football world. They could also have also have identified specific targets to strengthen the squad, for example, a GK and a CB, and had those names ready for the new manager on his appointment. But instead, cashing in the assets has been the priority.

As fans, we might as well write-off this season and possibly the next year or so until the club has new management, and preferably, new ownership.

I agree there is no excuse however it is dressed up!

It's incredible to think that at the end of last season fans were discussing the need to add between three and five players to the squad to consolidate and be able to push on. With the sales of first team so far this figure is approaching ten, so virtually a new side now required. The biggest mistake that Lowe made was to think that all football fans were gullible idiots, it seems that Krueger and Reed are cut from the same cloth...

Not sure I would blame Reed for this although Krueger is certainly culpable.

Last week I could buy Lambert, Lallana, Lovren and Shaw leaving as it all kinda made sense for different reasons, but The Chambers sale made no sense at all!!

Sadly, this whole situation really does have "Club for Sale" written all over it - Sell assets big, replace with cheaper (but probably still capable assets) and clear the debts with the remaining float.

Bingo - There is a nice premiership club with first class infrastructure and no debt ready for the highest bidder!

That of course can be regarded as sensitive stuff so any statements are bound to be nebulous and ambiguous - Or not forthcoming at all!

All those people saying "grow a pair" or "have patience" can you please show me another club that's sold this many FIRST TEAM players in one transfer window, and/or had success in changing so many of it's playing staff, plus manager?

Who knows if we'll get relegated but it's certainly not being in meltdown to say that this is nigh on a disaster for us, money or no money, and is going to be incredibly difficult to recover from.

All i know is that any lingering hope i had in ever being able to compete has no gone. The premier league is hedged towards the top more than ever, combine that with ticket prices, **** atmospheres, plastic fans/jcls, annoying kick off times etc. etc. and i just don't see the point anymore.

Not sure I would blame Reed for this although Krueger is certainly culpable.

Last week I could buy Lambert, Lallana, Lovren and Shaw leaving as it all kinda made sense for different reasons, but The Chambers sale made no sense at all!!

Sadly, this whole situation really does have "Club for Sale" written all over it - Sell assets big, replace with cheaper (but probably still capable assets) and clear the debts with the remaining float.

Bingo - There is a nice premiership club with first class infrastructure and no debt ready for the highest bidder!

That of course can be regarded as sensitive stuff so any statements are bound to be nebulous and ambiguous - Or not forthcoming at all!

Krueger is nothing, he's culpable of being nothing except taking a job that he seems to have no qualification for. He's a gab artist and hockey expert, doesn't qualify him in any way shape or form to be an active Chairman of a top flight football club. Don't blame him for anything, he took a job because it was a job, he's nothing to do with the current situation. Turn your attentions to the Grey Eminence that we never hear from.

Why are people so obsessed with hearing things from the club?.....please get it into your heads that it is owned by a private family and they can pretty much do amd say what they like,they dont need to tell us anything.

Even if they do decide to put out a statement,it will just be full of spin and half truths,we will never know the full details of anything that goes on behind closed doors so why bother listening to them.

A private family saved the club from the brink of extinction and this is the price you pay when the club becomes privately owned.

Why are people blaming Reed or Krueger for this? They are just employees of the owner. If the club is cashing in on any player who can be sold there is only reason for this, the owner wants to do it.

Correct!

I think she wants a return on the families investment but to also leave us in a reasonable state when she does - There really is no other explanation in my opinion for this supposed "fire sale" of major assets at top prices and replacing them with good but much less expensive options. debts would then be cleared to make us a very attractive going concern for a new buyer who can come in and (hopefully) build from a very sound financial base.

So I don't blame Reed at all - He is doing what he is being paid to do in securing top prices while acquiring others at reasonable prices.

Krueger was a sort of "spin doctor" employed for that reason but has spectacularly failed in that sense.

All IMHO of course.

Why are people blaming Reed or Krueger for this? They are just employees of the owner. If the club is cashing in on any player who can be sold there is only reason for this, the owner wants to do it.

There may be other reasons. Maybe the owner has appointed people to run the club as they see fit, within certain guidelines? That's what normally happens in any business.

Don't worry, we will finish 17th ! Just enough to stay up....maybe.

After several seasons of being completely adrift with your predictions, this year you might just strike lucky!

But it will be good enough for a club in major transition.