Morgan and Jay to Follow According to Simon Peach

brett24

It almost feels like we are facing relegation and yet we haven't kicked a ball. I feel empty and fearful for a long drawn out and humiliating season.

My only hope, if those players that remain can rekindle the dogged spirit of the 90's when we fought against all odds to hold on to our proud record of staying in the top league. Of course we had our talisman, MLT, to inspire us and the Dell was the cauldron of the underdog.

So, if he stays can Koeman rally us or will we slink into the shadows like a haunted flea bitten mongrel, licking our wounds ?

Been speaking with fans of other teams at work today and they can't believe what is happening at Southampton. Unprecedented sale of most of the first team with no-one coming in. If JRod and Schneiderlin go too - I can only assume whomever is in charge of transfers has been told to say yes to every bid, get the most money possible, and move on to the next?

Been speaking with fans of other teams at work today and they can't believe what is happening at Southampton. Unprecedented sale of most of the first team with no-one coming in. If JRod and Schneiderlin go too - I can only assume whomever is in charge of transfers has been told to say yes to every bid, get the most money possible, and move on to the next?

I'm hoping they reliase they are onto a loosing battle with the current players who were more loyal to the old regime than we may have thought. So getting rid for as much money to rebuild with a group of players who want to play for the current manager.

Talking to other fans, they seem genuinly gutted for what's happen to us!

Can only imagine that most of the first team as a group said we want out, and RK and the hoard said fine F off then

Most managers would be delighted to be given a prem place, £100m and a blank canvas. Can't see (don't want to see) RL leaving

Saving grace is why spend £20 on Pella and Tadic. Doesn't fit with a sell everyone and buy cheap plan

Can only imagine that most of the first team as a group said we want out, and RK and the hoard said fine F off then

Most managers would be delighted to be given a prem place, £100m and a blank canvas. Can't see (don't want to see) RL leaving

Saving grace is why spend £20 on Pella and Tadic. Doesn't fit with a sell everyone and buy cheap plan

This is my view at the moment, and I'm hoping it's right! Which would also fit in with the board saying we are selling players we want to get rid of. Having 8 players who don't want to be there could be more damaging long term!

Edited by jayrivers

Koeman won't resign. He knew Lambert, Lallana ads Shaw were leaving before he came here. I think he has been pretty instrumental with the others too. He has had a chance to speak to them but he is a strong manager (in the Alex Ferguson mould) who will not have any time for players who are not 100% committed. He has enough knowledge of the game worldwide to construct a new team of quality experienced signings (and youth) for a fraction of the moeny we are pulling in from sales.

It will take a little while to gel but I think he is more than capable of keeping the fans and bankers happy. Sadly, players have more loyalty to the coaching team that to the club or fans these days.

I know we've been setting all sorts of precedents this close season but selling a player who's not even returned to full training from an ACL has got to be a first.

If JRod has the same loyalty as the others he will stay with us to recover and say his head is already at Spurs when January comes.

Mancsaint

I'm actually lost for words. No idea what KL's motivations are but rank incompetency, pathetic public leadership, and communication blackout seem to be the methods. Hey ho, we got our stripes back and we've been promised some smiles. My £700 well invested.

My spurs supporting friend is convinced both deals will happen this week.

I dont doubt theyll pay good fees and they haven't done much business yet, but odd to sign an injured player.

Will arsenal not pay for Morgan? Surely he wouldn't choose spurs over them? He won't be getting any CL football.

Perhaps playing for Poch means something.

Koeman won't resign. He knew Lambert, Lallana ads Shaw were leaving before he came here. I think he has been pretty instrumental with the others too. He has had a chance to speak to them but he is a strong manager (in the Alex Ferguson mould) who will not have any time for players who are not 100% committed. He has enough knowledge of the game worldwide to construct a new team of quality experienced signings (and youth) for a fraction of the moeny we are pulling in from sales.

It will take a little while to gel but I think he is more than capable of keeping the fans and bankers happy. Sadly, players have more loyalty to the coaching team that to the club or fans these days.

Big hope for this!

I'm actually lost for words. No idea what KL's motivations are but rank incompetency, pathetic public leadership, and communication blackout seem to be the methods. Hey ho, we got our stripes back and we've been promised some smiles. My £700 well invested.

Or as has already been said - players aren't commited Koeman's told them to sod off and get as much money as we can so he can build his team? Maybe it's clutching at straws, but it's still possible! As annoyed as I am I'm going to wait until the start of the season to judge, and how well the team do. He did work miracles at Feyenord.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 7m

My understanding is that Jay Rodriguez has already agreed terms with Spurs after the clubs met in Toronto last week

When the clubs met? Wonder whether Krueger has been 'handling' things in Canada? Bit embarrassing if we are sending staff all the way around the world just to sell Spurs players.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 7m

My understanding is that Jay Rodriguez has already agreed terms with Spurs after the clubs met in Toronto last week

Why would Spurs want to pay what we assume is stupid money for a player that has an injury that may mean he could be 75% of the player he was?

Don't really want to believe what I was told the other day, but I was told that he is seriously considering his position. Make of that what you will.

Wouldn't you though? If he's got nothing to work with then he can only harm his reputation by being here.

If I was him I'd be having serious doubts.

Or as has already been said - players aren't commited Koeman's told them to sod off and get as much money as we can so he can build his team? Maybe it's clutching at straws, but it's still possible! As annoyed as I am I'm going to wait until the start of the season to judge, and how well the team do. He did work miracles at Feyenord.

If true (best case scenario), it wouldn't be unfair to accuse him/the transfer committee of being laborious in their business (in terms of incoming).

When the clubs met? Wonder whether Krueger has been 'handling' things in Canada? Bit embarrassing if we are sending staff all the way around the world just to sell Spurs players.

I mentioned elsewhere, a little tongue in cheek, that it's a possibility that we are actually touting our players to other clubs. Incredible as it seems, when you look at what's happening it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

I don't really know what to say. I'm just very sad about what's happening. We deserve some honesty now, otherwise things may well be very nasty when the season starts. The Leverkusen friendly is going to be a very strange atmosphere.

I mentioned elsewhere, a little tongue in cheek, that it's a possibility that we are actually touting our players to other clubs. Incredible as it seems, when you look at what's happening it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Amazing that we are dedicating resources overseas to sell players, but haven't managed to bring in a player that wasn't personally recommended by Koeman yet. If Spurs want a player let them come to us. Where are the priorities?

Maybe quite nasty unless we have made a truck load of signings by then.

And not just some random loans and risky South Americans either.

We need signings at the level of Classie, Rojo, Forster to even start to redeem some of the fans support.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC · 2m

Southampton and Ronald Koeman are of the belief that players who want to leave, should go. An admirable policy, but a risky one

Sounds stupid more than admirable to me, but I'm sure the massive Saints squad can cope with losing all the good players...

Les Reed has some serious questions to answer. There seems to be no let up, how on earth you can let 7 first team players leave and still pretend to be ambitious is crazy. I won't begin to panic until the end of the transfer window but things aren't looking good. Reed has shown he has no backbone and should have got rid of MoPo in February when he told the club he wanted to leave.

If this were Newcastle all the fans would be stood outside the club, some form of protest needs to happen

The thing is, if we cannot convince 7 first team players that their future is here, how the bloody hell are we going to get any decent signings over the line? Near on impossible, so expect loans and random south americans for knock down fees.

Les Reed has some serious questions to answer. There seems to be no let up, how on earth you can let 7 first team players leave and still pretend to be ambitious is crazy. I won't begin to panic until the end of the transfer window but things aren't looking good. Reed has shown he has no backbone and should have got rid of MoPo in February when he told the club he wanted to leave.

If this were Newcastle all the fans would be stood outside the club, some form of protest needs to happen

that is true

we will sign a couple of players by the end of the week. One might be fairly exciting and so many fans will have their tummys tickled. Jeff, wes and NickG will be on here telling us how brilliant this all is etc