Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Lallana is now benefitting from the old 'play for Liverpool and you are guaranteed to be in every England squad' rule, after a poor season but for the last 3 or 4 games, so I guess he can enjoy that gain from his move. What have him and Henderson done to start today over Vardy or Drinkwater?

Hodgson said the other day that newcomers have got to do more than show a good bit of form to convince him to ditch a player he's been developing and working into the team over time. But that's when he was asked about Mark Noble, rather than someone who's been as good as Drinkwater.

As for Lallana, I think it's the formation that gets him in over Vardy.

Also, United would be mad to get rid of Schneiderlin. He'd go straight to one of their competitors if allowed and improve any of them. Mourinho will want to start him.

He has been the biggest success of anyone who has left Saints for supposed "bigger things".

By far. Excellent Manager.

Remarkable stat I saw today - 11 of the last 17 England debutants were managed by Pochettino when they were called up. He's as important to England as Hodgson, if not more. And no one can reasonably think Koeman is as good with youth.

Lallana is now benefitting from the old 'play for Liverpool and you are guaranteed to be in every England squad' rule, after a poor season but for the last 3 or 4 games, so I guess he can enjoy that gain from his move. What have him and Henderson done to start today over Vardy or Drinkwater?

I think he's benefitting from the lack of options out wide, which is funny as I think he's less effective out wide in hodgson's preferred formation. Unless they go 2 up top vardy shouldn't start. If they do go 2 up top it'll likely be to accommodate the passenger Rooney.

I've said before, wouldn't surprise me if Spurs come in and nick Schneiderlin for £20m.

Maybe, but it seems a little strange seeing as Man Utd have won a lot more games with him than without him. LVG hasn't found the right combo yet but it seems that it might be Carrick and Schneiderlin. If anyone needs shipping out it would be Schweinsteiger, unless you read this http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinho-bastian-schweinsteiger-fan-11095658. Maybe the press are getting confused with people whose surname starts "Sch"

I've said before, wouldn't surprise me if Spurs come in and nick Schneiderlin for £20m.

Can't see MUFC selling to a rival side in premier league. If they are selling I'm sure they'll try and get him out the PL, PSG maybe?

Can't see MUFC selling to a rival side in premier league. If they are selling I'm sure they'll try and get him out the PL, PSG maybe?

That's the way I see it. Man U won't want to strengthen another similar club, and the last thing the f*ckers need is yet more money.

Also, half the players the top clubs sign aren't intended to do anything but warm the bench and deprive a rival club of their services. Treble their salary and stick them in the reserves or loan them out.

That reddit link is priceless.

michaelirishred 24 points 12 hours ago

Now that Portsmouth are irrelevant they have nothing. They're trying to create a rivalry between us.

What ****ing planet is this guy on? Trying to create a rivalry with Liverpool?? Jog on. Also find it "amusing" given the amount of abuse Liverpool supporters gave him, that some like to forget that and blame Saints fans. As it is, anyone who gives out grief to someone's kids should get a good slapping, although no idea what actually happened, nor frankly do I care.

As an aside, of all the players that have left us, Lovren seems to be the one that I like to see fall on his arse the most. Ambivalent at most about the others, including Poch. Good on him if he wins the league, he's a top manager (with a few shortcomings) just a shame that it will be with such an odious club. Players opening their mouths and putting both feet in it seems par for the course as footballers are generally not blessed with a huge amount of intelligence and the relentless pursuit of ever more money makes people do strange things. But Lovren still seems to be different. Maybe it was the fact that he was with us for one season, or maybe it was the complete and utter **** that emanated from his arrogant self aggrandising mouth when pushing for his move. Once a ****, always a ****.

That reddit link is priceless.

What ****ing planet is this guy on? Trying to create a rivalry with Liverpool?? Jog on. Also find it "amusing" given the amount of abuse Liverpool supporters gave him, that some like to forget that and blame Saints fans. As it is, anyone who gives out grief to someone's kids should get a good slapping, although no idea what actually happened, nor frankly do I care.

As an aside, of all the players that have left us, Lovren seems to be the one that I like to see fall on his arse the most. Ambivalent at most about the others, including Poch. Good on him if he wins the league, he's a top manager (with a few shortcomings) just a shame that it will be with such an odious club. Players opening their mouths and putting both feet in it seems par for the course as footballers are generally not blessed with a huge amount of intelligence and the relentless pursuit of ever more money makes people do strange things. But Lovren still seems to be different. Maybe it was the fact that he was with us for one season, or maybe it was the complete and utter **** that emanated from his arrogant self aggrandising mouth when pushing for his move. Once a ****, always a ****.

Toby's deep throat went down so easily?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I can't find a single tweet from a Saints fan sending Lovren death threats or too his daughter which is the rumour doing the rounds atm. There are no screen shots or anything.

If it's our lot then they can get ****ed tbh. No time for dickheads who think they're hard sat behind a keyboard but it makes me laugh how we're getting the blame with not one shred of evidence!

I can't find a single tweet from a Saints fan sending Lovren death threats or too his daughter which is the rumour doing the rounds atm. There are no screen shots or anything.

If it's our lot then they can get ****ed tbh. No time for dickheads who think they're hard sat behind a keyboard but it makes me laugh how we're getting the blame with not one shred of evidence!

Standard victims technique though. Why let facts get in the way of a good old sanctimonious outcry.

I really can't stand a large section of the Liverpool support, constantly thinking they're something special and that the world is against them, when the truth is they're a **** version of United, but with more plastic fans and a quieter away following.

No doubt next week they'll find some other myth to make up to make the whole world "take pity" for them.

They've been the same classless dins since the 80s and I don't see it changing now.

I'm pretty confident his self removal from Twitter is to do with the vitriol he's been receiving from Croatians after their international manager said that Lovren has a bad attitude. A saints fan did post well done saints fans for getting him to delete his account which an absolute **** of a Liverpool fan cherry picked and used in his agender.

Can't find any death threats anywhere, but I haven't bothered translating any of the Croation tweets.

Anyway, **** Liverpool and **** their fans!

I'm pretty confident his self removal from Twitter is to do with the vitriol he's been receiving from Croatians after their international manager said that Lovren has a bad attitude. A saints fan did post well done saints fans for getting him to delete his account which an absolute **** of a Liverpool fan cherry picked and used in his agender.

Can't find any death threats anywhere, but I haven't bothered translating any of the Croation tweets.

Anyway, **** Liverpool and **** their fans!

Have they started lighting candles for Lovren's Twitter account yet? Can only be a matter of time...

Have they started lighting candles for Lovren's Twitter account yet? Can only be a matter of time...

There was certainly no shortage of hate and vitriol on Twitter and Message Boards towards LoLvren last season and earlier this season.

Typical "we are the victims" attitude blaming Southampton Fans for his action (although of course we were not totally blameless either!!)

My Manure neighbour is now confident the Poch is headed for Manchester as a replacement for Van Gahl.

Did he read it in The Sun, or does he have a more reliable source ?

Be funny if it happens.*

* untii Levy misses out on his first couple of choices, and seeks to entice Koeman of course

The problem with Spurs is that while they are a big club and would be one of the biggest in most leagues, here in England they have the 2 Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and one if not two Liverpool clubs that are bigger than them. OK just one Liverpool (at present). But that still makes them 6th biggest fish in the pond (and something like 11th biggest in the world) and Poch wants to go to the top and Spurs just isn't the top, even if he wins the league this season. If he was given three times the salary (well it entices football players to move) and pretty much an unlimited budget and free hand in the academy, then why not move? He certainly doesn't owe Spurs anything.

Edited by angelman

My Manure neighbour is now confident the Poch is headed for Manchester as a replacement for Van Gahl.

Please let it be true although if we apply average accuracy statistics to a message board posting I suspect that it isn't.

Having contributed to this thread a few times myself, I was suddenly surprised to notice it was created in July 2014....almost 2 years ago.

It's fairly clear that for some fans...." time is not a healer ". However, retrospectively-speaking (like many others) I've had the chance to review their situations.

The key to the exodus seems to have been Pochettino jumping ship. What followed was the "player reaction" to a manager who they had come to like and trust.

If there were any defence for Pochettini, it might be the uncertainty surrounding his relationship with Nicola Cortese, who seemed to sack people depending on which side of bed he got out of, and who at one time, was rumoured to be disatisfied with Pochettino's performance. Did Poch jump?..or was he about to be pushed?

Obviously money talks and the steady stream of departing players started here. With hindsight - my feelings look like this:

Rickie Lambert - Sorry he went (he had become 2010's legend) but it doesn't provoke any ire in me, and I wish that he'd had better luck since. He deserved the pay day.

Adam Lallana - Difficult for him, as team captain and Player of the Year and I fully understand those who are still angry, but he clearly has always had talent and it shows far more now (under Klopp) than it ever did in Rodgers' time. I still fail to understand why BR used L&L as sub. for each other and failed to play them together.?

Dejan Lovren - Despite mixed reviews from his time in France, he looked superb in many Saints' games, but this I suggest was as a result of his partnership with Fonte, who IMHO made him look a lot better (and less vulnerable) than he has been since moving to Liverpool.

Luke Shaw - at the time, seemed like the Golden boy, and everything went right for him. Choosing him ahead of Fox (who lapsed dramatically) was a no-brainer and coming into a successful soon-to-be promoted side, gave him the opportunity to flourish. I dare to suggest ...that had he been behind Bertrand instead of Targett he might well have spent much more time on the bench. Upon signing for us at 18, those rumours of his eventual transfer to Man U were (after all) quite true. However, in the real football world, life under van Gaal didn't prove to be a bed of roses.

Calum Chambers - Took his chance well when he came in and DAJFU, whilst Clyne was injured and fighting for form. His move, was not so much of a shock ...as the £15 million fee we took off Arsenal for his signature. A win-win situation at the time, but someone else who spends a lot of time on the bench, when I suspect he'd like to be playing.

Nathaniel Clyne - Improved greatly at Saints as many of his early games were a nightmare. Got his England chance at a time when there was little competition and has held it well, although I suspect that Roy Hodgson may yet revert to selecting Walker in the Euros - whose talent at Spurs seems closer to thuggery than footballing skill.

Morgan Schneiderlin - almost comes no.2 to Lambert in the fan ratings. Well worth his eventual and long overdue selection for France, but has also become a victim of Van Gaal's selection enigma. Who says NO to Man.Utd ?. Has spent far more time on the bench there than he ever expected, or deserved. Would have played more - if they had paid more.

Toby Alderweireld - this is really a "non-discussion". He was outstanding with us, but never our player in the first place and plumped for the bigger option. Cannot believe we didn't offer more for him at the time, but if (as I suspect)....his mind was made up to move ....he would have gone anyway.

If this thread continues, we may well add a few more names to this by August, but if more do go....and we continue to pick up the van Dijk's, the Clasie's and the Romeu's ...then maybe the future isn't so gloomy.

Edited by david in sweden

• 2 weeks later...
I'm honestly surprised they don't have a Red Button option so people can just watch Klopp all night...

TBF German TV had ''Klopp Cam'' for the first leg of this tie, 90mins watching the touchline.

amazing.

Can you imagine being the camerman being tasked with filming him all game? Guess you would have had the pleasure to have caught his orgasm with their goal.