Defectors Watch

adrian lord

We know first hand just what a snake MP is. New contract or not, he'd walk over broken glass to get the United job

Yeah, this makes it even more odd though. He hasn't signed that new contract yet, lots of talk about it....but it was left with ''it's with the lawyers' and now he's spotted with his coaching staff and a Utd advisor. Hmmm. I really hope there's something in this, it could be a very fun summer if that's the case.

There are some nice little chats on the spurs forums, reminds me of how we felt when he was touting himself around at the end of his time here.

A sweet little bit of karma may be on the way.

Yes I know, I've been on a couple of Spurs forums myself to see what they are saying :D

Would be delicious karma, butttttttt, you know who they will come after if he leaves...............

Edited by Chalkboy

Looks like Jesus, yeah. Maybe it's just a manger to ex manager chat? Or does Fergie still have a 'proper' say at the higher echelons at Utd?

He hasn't actually signed the deal he spoke about, which does make you wonder.

I doesn't matter what deal he signed anyway, managers can sign whatever they want and still just quit.

Morgan getting a battering on redcafe

"A good match at Southampton is perhaps seen as bad at Manchester." Maybe, but the performance he is putting in tonight would have him subbed before half time at Southampton.

Just seen this on The Fighting Cock...

"Pochettino is under contract don't forget. If he wants to leave a club that gave him a platform let him."

And there's me thinking that Saints gave him the platform. Silly me.

Yes I saw that too. There's also a poster who reckons Poch is a man of integrity.

Just seen this on The Fighting Cock...

"Pochettino is under contract don't forget. If he wants to leave a club that gave him a platform let him."

And there's me thinking that Saints gave him the platform. Silly me.

Sounds like a few months ago on talk****e when they where lauding poch and spurs for giving Toby a chance in the PL all he needed was a manager to show him a bit of love apparently....

Who is the little chap next to Poch? One of his coaching staff isn't it?

His translator? :)

I'd have to give him a bye on this one though, as I'd need one listening to Fergie McFergieFergusFace. :lol:

I'm sure it's all very innocent, Fergie just getting some info on Argentinian and Spanish Red Wines to add to his collection.

Edited by ericofarabia

It's gobsmackingly hilarious how many on their forum say they should trust him because he's proved to be a man of his word with no history of PR gaffes.

"He said he'd sign and there's no reason to doubt it".

This probably is nothing, but Christ it would be wonderful if it was something.

Schneiderlin's missed out on the French squad for the Euros - oops...

I doubt it was even a thought in his head last summer, going to Utd could cost him his place at the Euro's - if anything, he probably assumed it would cement it.

Based on his first half showing at WHU, I'm not surprised. He was a shadow of the player we had here, like a poor clone of him. When Fellani and Carrick are regular's in front of you then you know it's time. I reckon he'll move in the summer.

Really, I have little sympathy. Maybe that is the attitude of a jilted lover, but he made his choices and he has been diabolical in some games this season, not least the last one vs Wet Spam. But. It does get me thinking - is there really a difference playing for MUFC than SFC? You hear "expectation" being pulled out a lot. Well **** me, if that means they weren't giving 100% at SFC (as we have the same expectation of winning every match) then **** them. The pressure is different because of the expectation - is that really the case? You might have 75k booing you rather than 30k sighing and muttering under their breath.

I doubt it was even a thought in his head last summer, going to Utd could cost him his place at the Euro's - if anything, he probably assumed it would cement it.

Based on his first half showing at WHU, I'm not surprised. He was a shadow of the player we had here, like a poor clone of him. When Fellani and Carrick are regular's in front of you then you know it's time. I reckon he'll move in the summer.

Hope he is happy after his tantrum the other summer.

with us, he was a hero, playing every single game when fit, seen as an outstanding CM and fully in the french squad.

hard luck

Hope he is happy after his tantrum the other summer.

with us, he was a hero, playing every single game when fit, seen as an outstanding CM and fully in the french squad.

hard luck

Around this time years ago he was playing in the WC in the Maracana under a picture perfect sunset.

He well and truly šhât the bed.

Edited by shurlock

**** me!! Looked at who was in their midfield from the PL...

Cabaye (Palace)

Kante (Leicester)

Sissoko (Newcastle)

Sissoko FFS (although I know he is more attacking than defensive)!! Shows how far Morgan has fallen.

Edited by angelman

Cabaye (Palace)

Kante (Leicester)

Sissoko (Newcastle)

Sissoko FFS!! Shows how far Morgan has fallen.

Sissoko always gets picked. He was a French regular well before Morgan broke into the squad.

Cabaye (Palace)

Kante (Leicester)

Sissoko (Newcastle)

Sissoko FFS (although I know he is more attacking than defensive)!! Shows how far Morgan has fallen.

Ben Arfa, Lacazette and Rabiot missed out too- and Benzema ofc but we know why :p

Schneiderlin's missed out on the French squad for the Euros - oops...

If he'd stayed with us he'd be playing every week, he'd be loved and appreciated, he'd still be a very rich man and he'd be in the French squad.

Tough luck old chap, no sympathy from me.

No doubt those cynical among could see the MP 'connection' unfolding this way. Man U have him on their short-list [undoubtedly so] and wish to sound Mauricio out, so he meets with SAF secretly [supposedly], MP's agent sells the Scum newspaper an amazing exclusive, "nice little earner know wot a' meen guv"?

The Scum duly arrive on cue, cameraman on hand as they would. Levy gets wind of the MP, SAF meeting as he was meant to, "know wot a' meen guv"? MP's agent awaiting such an outcome as he and MP smoke Gurkha Black Dragons and sip vintage Champagne in the Savoy, receives an immediate summons to an emergence meeting with Levy and members of the Spurs board, where MP's agent matter of factly informs Levy, as he offers him a Gurkha Black Dragon, Man U will pay his client a "basic" £6 mill per annum with massive bonuses to be added. Levy and the Spurs board with the Scum info in the public domain and the Spurs fans venting bile, combined with the looming financial implications of the New stadium and ECL football for the coming season, now could face losing MP unless they act and act right now they there and then agree to seriously up the ante in relation to MP's new contract and MP duly signs. He having had a free lunch and earned an extra £2 mill plus per year and a few extra bonuses under the "ole' counter wink, wink, know wot a'meen guv" virtue of a free lunch and a single phone call. In the same position wouldn't you play the game? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It's all about the money honey.

Perhaps some on this forum will calm down on the Morgan love in . He's got to be the most over rated player on here .

I feel sorry for him. Let's face it, he is different from Lovren, Clyne etc. He came to us as a nipper and we made him into what he is (or was). Shame that all the work that went into making him a £25m defensive midfielder seems to have disappeared.

Schneiderlin's role is markedly different at United. It's very limited. Collect the ball deep, pass it. He's not playing an enforcer role like he did for us and at times, has been left woefully exposed by his midfield partner (mostly Fellaini is guilty of that).

He's still an absolutely class footballer utilised disgustingly by an absolute worm-headed moron.

Were you saying that while he still played for us?

He was a good player for us, but the " how can we ever replace him" & " a Morgan sized hole left in our midfield " type of posts have been OTT since he left . Good player for a Europa league side , squad player at champions league level imo . Throw his toys out of the pram because he couldn't go to Spurs ,there haven't been many in my 45 years of watching who've refused to play ( or not been in the right mind to play) , but he's one of them . So sorry if I don't quite think he's the great others do

there haven't been many in my 45 years of watching who've refused to play ( or not been in the right mind to play) , but he's one of them .

I think you are re-writing history here somewhat. He tweeted something in the heat of the moment when we turned down Spurs' offer for him, but I don't recall him ever refusing to play, and his attitude on the pitch was never less than excellent IMO.

Fair enough if you don't rate him as highly as others do (did) but if you're going to criticise him then at least make sure its for something that actually happened.

Have to agree with Lord Duckhunter in this one... Morgan was over rated here and is being found out at Man U.. That was always going to be a risk for him which will cost him .... He is clearly struggling in a very similar role as he had here.... Against West Ham he was again a passenger and rightly subbed...

No doubt those cynical among could see the MP 'connection' unfolding this way. Man U have him on their short-list [undoubtedly so] and wish to sound Mauricio out, so he meets with SAF secretly [supposedly], MP's agent sells the Scum newspaper an amazing exclusive, "nice little earner know wot a' meen guv"?

The Scum duly arrive on cue, cameraman on hand as they would. Levy gets wind of the MP, SAF meeting as he was meant to, "know wot a' meen guv"? MP's agent awaiting such an outcome as he and MP smoke Gurkha Black Dragons and sip vintage Champagne in the Savoy, receives an immediate summons to an emergence meeting with Levy and members of the Spurs board, where MP's agent matter of factly informs Levy, as he offers him a Gurkha Black Dragon, Man U will pay his client a "basic" £6 mill per annum with massive bonuses to be added. Levy and the Spurs board with the Scum info in the public domain and the Spurs fans venting bile, combined with the looming financial implications of the New stadium and ECL football for the coming season, now could face losing MP unless they act and act right now they there and then agree to seriously up the ante in relation to MP's new contract and MP duly signs. He having had a free lunch and earned an extra £2 mill plus per year and a few extra bonuses under the "ole' counter wink, wink, know wot a'meen guv" virtue of a free lunch and a single phone call. In the same position wouldn't you play the game? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It's all about the money honey.

Sounds about right to me!!

Would love to have seen that weasel faced cahoont Levy's face when it suddenly dawned on him he'd been out weaseled by the argy weasel :-)

Have to agree with Lord Duckhunter in this one... Morgan was over rated here and is being found out at Man U.. That was always going to be a risk for him which will cost him .... He is clearly struggling in a very similar role as he had here.... Against West Ham he was again a passenger and rightly subbed...

In what way he overrated? Whilst he was here he was the top midfielder in europe in his position. I can't see how he was anything less than our best player, certainly in midfield in his last season (and arguably before that.)

I think you are re-writing history here somewhat. He tweeted something in the heat of the moment when we turned down Spurs' offer for him, but I don't recall him ever refusing to play, and his attitude on the pitch was never less than excellent IMO.

Fair enough if you don't rate him as highly as others do (did) but if you're going to criticise him then at least make sure its for something that actually happened.

He wasn't in right frame of mind to play I remember. That doesn't make him the model professional.

In what way he overrated? Whilst he was here he was the top midfielder in europe in his position. I can't see how he was anything less than our best player, certainly in midfield in his last season (and arguably before that.)

Agreed. He has never been given the chance to establish himself at OT. No run in the starting eleven, different partners, no coherence in the team formation and Van Gaal clearly simply doesn't like/rate him.

Think he'll move and reestablish himself at Arsenal or Spurs after a wasted year.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk