morgan & jay staying

Asaint4ever

We have to believe him. The club aren't stupid - it would be a massive, massive PR guff if either of them leave now.

I think it's fantastic news. Now get Morgan in that banner for christ's sake!

The SSN presenter asked him if that was "guaranteed" and Krueger said "yes"....

When they asked the question with "guarentee" in it then it put him in a tough position.

Saying they 100% are staying is admirable, but if they go he looks even more stupid.

Otherwise thought he did ok.

Morgan is mustard and different gravy at the same time.

We (fans) have taken a hammering the last 4 weeks, this would be a major statement if we can build a side around Spiderman. RonKoe was quoted a few weeks ago on how he wanted Morgan to stay, seems he could be getting his way.

To be honest, it's a bit too late. When Chambers said that he didn't see his future at Saints and wanted to be off, someone should have clipped him around the earhole and told him to grow up, buckle down and get on with it. Maybe Lovren should have been told that as well, but at least Lovren put in a transfer request.

We'll see what happens. The Board have blown their credibility, so only time will tell.

Just being Devil's Advocate, perhaps Ralph is already leaving the club, goes into this interview, lies through his teeth about JRod and MS, they get their 'dream' moves and then Ralph gets the 'sack' - no one loses face.

It's a conspiracy-lite theory, and I personally hate them and don't believe most of them, but I have worked in the wonderful world of business (most of have I guess) and I don't put this type of skull-duggery past any of these top-level business-types. I have worked with a lot of devious lying bastards in my time (once again I guess a lot of us have).

Oh well hopefully things will start to look up.

If someone has finally realised there is a domino effect to these departures i'll be vastly relieved.

Two unhappy players is vastly preferable to a crisis mentality where's there's a never ending stream of players agitating for moves.

Doesn't mean we're out of trouble. We still have to attract and complete deals for top quality replacements for the players we have lost.

My "bottom line" for maintaining at least some optimism for the year ahead was keeping the core of our success - the midfield "engine room".

So, for me, this is huge news.

That engine room was at the root of things, supplemented by a decent back line and a front that (J-Rod apart) didn't create and convert chances very well.

I can see Pelle and Tadic helping a lot with that problem.

Still much to do but this is massive.

To be honest, it's a bit too late. When Chambers said that he didn't see his future at Saints and wanted to be off, someone should have clipped him around the earhole and told him to grow up, buckle down and get on with it. Maybe Lovren should have been told that as well, but at least Lovren put in a transfer request.

We'll see what happens. The Board have blown their credibility, so only time will tell.

Agree it should have happened before Chambers. If Chambers is the Catalyst for common sense prevailing in the board room then while it is a mighty price to pay(losing someone like chambers) at least there will be a small upside.

David, not sure Mr Motivator would want to have SACKED on his CV.

Yeah see what you mean but perhaps the 'sacked' part is for us - internally, with the people and levels he deals with it would be understood exactly what went on.

This is why I never believe conspiracy theories, you can just bend and fit everything to your pet theory :-)

If Schneiderlin and Rodriguez are staying that stabilises the midfield however there has to be question marks over Rodriguez. He is still a long way from playing. I've heard that he is looking at October, if that's the case, great. However knee injuries are not a guaranteed instant recovery, there are plenty of players that have had a tortuous recovery with setbacks and associated muscular strains, if that happens we may see very little of him this year. In the light of his contract ending the following season and the offered 5 year contract as yet unsigned it may time to cash in unless he signs.

Krueger is speaking live on Talksport in 30 mins time and will no doubt be asked this question directly !

The answer could define the club's short term future (a big statement, I know !) so I will be listening intently !

If he says yes, they are staying then either a) they do stay, great! or b) Ralph has to resign, equally great !

Has anyone told Morgan and Jay that "they are staying, guaranteed"???

Because I'm sure they are planning on going regardless what anyone says.

Even by Saints current standards, it would be something exceptional if Ralph made such a clear statement about them without having spoken to them first. They would be even more keen to move if not.

Krueger is speaking live on Talksport in 30 mins time and will no doubt be asked this question directly !

The answer could define the club's short term future (a big statement, I know !) so I will be listening intently !

If he says yes, they are staying then either a) they do stay, great! or b) Ralph has to resign, equally great !

Sounds interesting! Let us know how you get on with this.

Not sure I'm ready to believe him yet considering the previous lies.

Your statement is completely disrespectful of our chairman and our club and is unworthy of a club supporter. No one has deliberately lied. Circumstances have changed and we have reacted to the changes in the way that has most benefitted us in the medium term. The chairman has been very clear in his statement and we should respect that and enjoy the welcome good news.

Its good news like the man who has his car stolen and then says, that's lucky, they've found the luggage that was in the boot. But you've still had your car stolen.

If this is true, it confirms that the other approaches for players could also have been turned down. I wonder if its not just Kruguer's credibility but that Morgan would have been the straw that broke the camel's back - in this case, that Koeman might have given him an ultimatum.

To all the head in the sand optimists who have been saying that the board have only done what they had to do, this shows that protests by the fans over mismanagement can have an effect.

Unfortunately, even if 3 signings are made we are still only back to evens on numbers and with three of the back four gone, no certainty as to whether the replacements will be as good, which is still short of the promise to strengthen the squad that was made by Kruguer and Reed. This won't get me to use my ticket to go to Brighton just to watch the reserves.

Your statement is completely disrespectful of our chairman and our club and is unworthy of a club supporter. No one has deliberately lied. Circumstances have changed and we have reacted to the changes in the way that has most benefitted us in the medium term. The chairman has been very clear in his statement and we should respect that and enjoy the welcome good news.

Good post.

Even if they don't want to play and don't actually play, I think it vital for the appearance of the club that they don't get sold. It will also likely put a stop to anyone else (hopefully).

5 is bad enough (excluding Osvaldo, although the press like to include him so they can stack up the numbers), but not overly upset with Sir Rickie leaving, nor Shaw given that we get £30m, nor for that matter £25m-ish for Lallana. Chambers - a shame. Lovren would have preferred to have stayed, but I guess for £20m.......

So if they do stay, and every one else as well, then maybe, just maybe things won't look so bad. We've signed two good replacements (time will of course tell how good), and if we get more in, then the position really won't look as bad as all that. Maybe. If MS & JRod do stay.

Very interested to see what has happened here. Something doesn't add up.

Peach, BBC and others reporting that they likely to be off. Now Ralph gives a copper-bottomed guarantee that they will be here in September.

I'm not sure the BBC go public on a likely move unless they feel they have a story.

Has there been a change of policy?

I wonder how Morgan and Jay feel about this, I suppose it might have been news to them too.

Odds on Ralph telling talkSPORT something completely different in 15 minutes?

You can't say no one has deliberately lied. Its is a matter of record that statements were made that were untrue. Whether or not that was deliberate is open to conjecture. You can have your opinion, but others can have theirs and are just as likely to be right.

The club has been utterly disrespectful towards the fans by fobbing us off with nonsense. If you look at their statements in May and then their actions then yes they have lied. I don't trust them to be able to run the club properly.

So we will await news that Rodriguez is signing a new contract.

They may be staying....for another week

I suspect that they're taking the risk that we'll be able to keep him, because stemming the outflow is now more important than low-risk prudence.

And that would be a good, tide-turning decision - for fans and for potential signings, don't you think?