Mersons prediction for us, what a "Grade A" C***

PaulSaint

Liverpool v Southampton, 12.30pm, Sunday, Sky Sports 1

I watched a lot of Liverpool in pre-season and they are decent; they impressed me in their games against Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund. However, can they live without Luis Suarez’s goals? I doubt it. Can they live with playing twice or three times a week? I doubt it again. Can they beat Southampton? I don’t see any problems with that. I’m not sure they’ve got 11 players to put out have they? I am worried for them and if they don’t get off to a good start they’ll be struggling badly. I know they’ve brought in a lot of money this summer, but they can’t sit there and think they’ll automatically be good enough to stay up. I think Liverpool are certainties.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0

He's not sure that we've got 11 players to put out? I know they’ve brought in a lot of money this summer but

These are the comments that got to me. This t*t has probably spent more on booze & bets than Ill get in a lifetime & still rolls out the the same misinformed, stereotypical media boll*cks about us. If he actually did even an hours research on us he'd see that we have a deeper squad now than our first season back and have spent about £50 Million on highly rated new players in a month?

What do you expect him to say? We'll win 3-0? Of course we'll lose for god sake, no need to be so precious about it!

By 'of course' do you mean there's no doubt about it? I suspect there are people that said the same last year! If you don't believe we can win, why bother?

Yep, people think it's fans being annoyed about predicting a loss, but it's just highly paid pundits having zero basic insight into football clubs. Maybe a bit of research?

If he comments on signings, squad options and doesn't rate them, fine. But it's quite apparent he has no idea who we've sold, who is in our squad and what our options are. To suggest we'll struggle to put a team out is just misinformed given how many signings we've made and how many players we already had.

I never see complaints about "basic insight" when pundits predict us to win.

Pretty sure his line about putting a team out was a throwaway gag which people like you are getting jolly upset about.

You seem to lack a basic insight into what these weekly predictions sections are actually for.

I've done it! I've taken to twitter to sort this out

@PaulMerse your prediction for saints to lose is an embarrassment to you and your family. As If you haven't shamed them enough

Done the same.

@PaulMerse your a tosser mate and you're lack of basic insight into you're sport your supposed to be an expert in. Your thick and a disgrace.

These are the comments that got to me. This t*t has probably spent more on booze & bets than Ill get in a lifetime & still rolls out the the same misinformed, stereotypical media boll*cks about us. If he actually did even an hours research on us he'd see that we have a deeper squad now than our first season back and have spent about £50 Million on highly rated new players in a month?

Hmmmm