Paul Mitchell To Leave Saints

Saint-Armstrong

What really irritates me is the statement from the London-centric press that Spuds are "A big club"

They certainly were but the " Glory, Glory, Allejulah" days are long gone and they have even nicked The Saints go Marching in!!

We have a superb demographic and heavily populated economic base in South Hants, and there is no reason why we can't be just as big.

South Hants is certainly not a rural backwater anymore.

I go along along with that rhetoric cambsaint, unfortunately your last line comment awakened the pedants on the site and they lost track of the rest of your message.

I have a dislike (dare I say hatred?) of a few clubs, but Spuds come close to the top of most lists.

Their " superioity complex " is unbelieveable, when you consider than many of them would need to talk to their grandparents in order to hear stories of their former " glory, glory " days.

Daniel Levy carries all the responsibility for their present situation and his record of "culling" managers, in an attempt to buy success is almost on a par with Abrahamovic's.

His latest recruit (MP) may find that life in North London is much less comfortable than he ever imagined, and he shouldn't go flat-hunting there too quickly.

The thing that really amazes me in all this is Levy's " blind faith " in Franco Baldini who seems to have made some of the the worst possible selections since he arrived. Is he Levy's brother-in-law ..or ?

No-one doubts that the Bale deal was a real coup..£85 million for ONE player, but to squander it on the replacement players he did...is totally amazing.

The signings of Lamela, Soldado and Paulinho alone took care of the Bale fee ...and still he went on buying a load of misfits.

It's hard to see exactly what their pedigree is, or how their previous performances could qualify them to fit into a Prem side.

Given the ongoing situation at Spuds, possible new ownership, uncertainty at Board level, next managerial change ?......

Paul Mitchell might ponder the prospect that their planned ground removal would put him back in a portacabin for the next 3 seasons.:lol:

Edited by david in sweden

Yep, it's a madeup story to try to unsettle the club.

How does it unsettle the club?

Plastering tadic to Man City in January all over the papers would maybe achieve that.

I remember all the talk during the summer was all Cortese "unstabilising" the club. All turned out true. Remember an agent on talksport saying a player was going to leave and nothing was reported about it. The agent and talksport was completely ridiculed on here. 3 days later, chambers signed for arsenal

If we want to dine at the top 6 table. We need (as fans) to be able to handle these stories as they happen with the top sides. Much like the great praise you get

Edited by Batman

Plastering tadic to Man City in January all over the papers would maybe achieve that.

I remember all the talk during the summer was all Cortese "unstabilising" the club. All turned out true. Remember an agent on talksport saying a player was going to leave and nothing was reported about it. The agent and talksport was completely ridiculed on here. 3 days later, chambers signed for arsenal

If we want to dine at the top 6 table. We need (as fans) to be able to handle these stories as they happen with the top sides. Much like the great praise you get

No it didn't! There was no firesale, the club wasn't sold, ralph didn't wreck anything, and it turns out Katherina might even like football a bit!

Stop saying things turned out to be true, as they didn't...

No it didn't! There was no firesale, the club wasn't sold, ralph didn't wreck anything, and it turns out Katherina might even like football a bit!

Stop saying things turned out to be true, as they didn't...

Indeed they proved to be COMPLETELY untrue although whether Cortese had anything to do with them is a moot point. I rather suspect he has moved on both geographically and in terms of ambitions etc. I very much doubt whether we will see him in English football again.

Did it?

Of course SFC havent. That's not Levy's way.

He is trying to stir up, unsettle and soften up Mitchell to get him for bottom dollar.

I dont like Manyoo, but at least the first we hear about their approach for our physio was when the deal was more or less done. Much more professional club.

Not with Shaw though.

surprise, surprise. :lol: ......whoever thought that one up?

What do they learn at journalist school?....that " so-called " reporter would be better employed selling the advertising space in his paper that he filled with that junk (lying) story.

Why does anyone think Spurs will contact Saints about offering a job to an employee? He's not a player, subject to transfer negotiations etc. As long as he gives the required notice he is free to work for whoever he chooses. Just hope that he thinks he is better staying where he has built his reputation rather than moving to a club that is basically ****ged. Of course he could alert Saints by asking for a pay rise. In any case, we will have a succession plan in place, no-one is irreplaceable.

Who was it who reported this?

paul hawksbe (presenter and spurs fans) said that he understood that PM had in fact expressed his interest at the job, which started all this in the first place...given the very recent launch of the new training ground and his part in that

paul hawksbe (presenter and spurs fans) said that he understood that PM had in fact expressed his interest at the job, which started all this in the first place...given the very recent launch of the new training ground and his part in that

Thanks Batman.

I heard Paul Mitchell interviewed on Talksport a couple of weeks ago, the way he spoke so positively about the clubs philosophy and attention to detail leaves me surprised to hear he's looking to move on. I'm sure he can be replaced but the thought of him going to Spurs (puh!!) with information about our targets concerns me.

Pretty obvious that there is an interest on at least one side and it would not suprise me at all if he went there.

He will be thinking of how to advance his career just like anyone and may feel, as MP did, that Spurs is a better way to do that.

After overseeing the last window and the new facilities on the recruitment side, what more can he do here? Whereas Spurs is another challenge where he can start from the bottom.

They read it from the Sun...

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2014/11/13/southamptons-head-recruitment-join-spurs-applying-job-lane/

I can't stand Spurs and Levy at the best of times, but they're really starting to p**s me off. Hopefully Saints and Mitchell tell them to get f****d.

It seems to me that none of the so called big clubs can do anything for themselves, all they do is poach players and staff to bolster them up, total Wxxkers

I'm going to 'fess up. I do quite like listening to it.

Mostly for lols at people getting so wound up at presenters that are so obviously trying to wind them up.

That's the thing, you hear what they say and its so ridiculous, just to get a reaction.

And those ****ing Vanarama ads. 5Live only for me (or absolute classic rock).

The recruitment team is not one man.

If he feels he's single-handedly capable of turning them around then replace and evolve.

I think this is the key - Les Reed has talked about the department as a whole being very impressive, did he say 11 full time scouts? We'll have someone to step in for Mitchell should he leave but it would be disappointing to see him go to that shambles of a club while we're in the ascendency.

Also, not heard about Spurs moving for Delph - not a bad signing at all given they lack a proper runner in midfield. He could be their Steven Davis!

The danger is if Mitchell does go he'll look to take the brightest and best of his team.

If the Summer has taught us anything it is that sh*t happens and we generally emerge stronger for it.

The question is, is the right fit for us, the right fit for Spurs? They certainly haven't been for Liverpool so far!!

Pretty obvious that there is an interest on at least one side and it would not suprise me at all if he went there.

He will be thinking of how to advance his career just like anyone and may feel, as MP did, that Spurs is a better way to do that.

After overseeing the last window and the new facilities on the recruitment side, what more can he do here? Whereas Spurs is another challenge where he can start from the bottom.

You really are a miserable idiot. I don't think you actually support saints.

You really are a miserable idiot. I don't think you actually support saints.

Which of the points do you disagree with then?

Think the story is entirely fictional and made up by Journalists?

Spurs want him. He may want to go (nobody knows) but its not beyond the realms of possibility that like MP he thinks Spurs are bigger than Saints.

Remember he isnt a Saints fan, he is a person trying to push his career along and is sought after in his field after work done here. He may see the chance of rebuilding Spurs' scouting as a way to put himself in the frame for a job at one of the very biggest clubs.

What is wrong with that? See if you can give a proper answer rather than the "you don't support Saints routine".

Edited by Saint Charlie