Paul Mitchell To Leave Saints

Saint-Armstrong

One thing I have learnt in life is that everyone is replaceable, even if it doesn't appear so at the time. He has been with us two years and he will be taking a lot of intellectual capital to spurs, however we will have sucked him dry of his knowledge as well. What's more is that you don't get better by doing the same thing year in year out. A new person in that role will bring new ideas which can then be blended into the existing process and improve it.

one thing our club seems to have cracked is an overreliance on any one man. Therefore farewell and good luck, because you are going to need it at spurs.

One thing I have learnt in life is that everyone is replaceable, even if it doesn't appear so at the time. He has been with us two years and he will be taking a lot of intellectual capital to spurs, however we will have sucked him dry of his knowledge as well. What's more is that you don't get better by doing the same thing year in year out. A new person in that role will bring new ideas which can then be blended into the existing process and improve it.

one thing our club seems to have cracked is an overreliance on any one man. Therefore farewell and good luck, because you are going to need it at spurs.

Bravo! perfect post. Next discussion please...

It worries me more that this guy knows all of our key staff, most successful scouts etc. If spurs want to chuck obscene money at people and Mitchell tells them who to go after they can now pick us apart. Say 3 of our most distinguished youth scouts, 3 of our best pro scouts. Not to mention replicating our systems and setup. It wouldn't be an overnight thing for spurs but it could effect us and benefit them over the course of the next few years. On the others side of the coin hopefully our positive background will lure in even better individual scouts who up to now haven't been at a setup where they have more free reign like they will at saints.

I was wondering about this, but I have a feeling that Kat & Co. are smarter and they may have copyrighted some of the Saints Way. Information about players and scouting networks may be considered proprietary (not just because of the copyright).

Spot on, good post.

As mentioned plenty of our signings the in the last 2-3 years have been quite hit and miss. Gaston, Mayuka and Osvlado for starters.

Also this chap has only been here the last 2-3 years so the youngsters we have coming through have very little to do with him but more those who have gone before him. The fruits of his labour will probabaly start to come through in a few years time.

If he has been brought in to do the Les Reed job, you can understand.

If he has been paid a stack load of cash, you can understand.

If he still has family / roots near MK, you can understand.

If he has signed up to do the same job he has done at Saints with trigger happy Levy, a baying public, a scouting network that the Skates would laugh at then it utterly baffles me.

....just as long as he didn't download a copy of the software bewfore he jumped ship ...............:suspicious:

Here's a thought. Maybe Ronnie wants to work with his own man and Mitchell was a dead man walking anyway' date=' despite his "successes". Tadic, Pelle, Mane and Toby all seem like Koeman signings no matter how much we claim to have held long term interests.[/quote']

mane tadic and pelle were all high on our scouting lists before koeman came in (apparently)

Here's a thought. Maybe Ronnie wants to work with his own man and Mitchell was a dead man walking anyway' date=' despite his "successes". Tadic, Pelle, Mane and Toby all seem like Koeman signings no matter how much we claim to have held long term interests.[/quote']

I agree not sure when Mitchell started Mayuka Ramierz Osvaldo Gazzinga Forren have not been that good Yoshida is OK so Lovren maybe a one season wonder Wanyama Davis and J Rod are the only good ones unless I have missed someone before Koemann

mane tadic and pelle were all high on our scouting lists before koeman came in (apparently)

Pelle and Tadic may well have been high on our list, but I think it was the presence of Koeman that convinced them to come here. Everton had their eye on Tadic as well remember.

This is perhaps the critical bit, no matter how good the scouting network, Koeman was probably the biggest factor in signing these two, and Toby.

Someone I know just had a visit from the police (arrested), left his job and thought he could continue the project he set up, with his new employers. He argues he owned the data not his ex employers but it appears now that he knows different.

Someone I know just had a visit from the police (arrested), left his job and thought he could continue the project he set up, with his new employers. He argues he owned the data not his ex employers but it appears now that he knows different.

Not Mitchell? Is this just an anecdote? The usual rule is any ip developed on company property in company time is owned by the company if I remember right? :)

Yep, all bad signings will be tagged top NA, NC or MP. All brilliant ones to Paul Mitchell.

Ha. Not saying that is the case. But many used those players as a way of criticising Cortese.

End of the day a club of our size can never go and buy the finished article, we are seen as a stepping stone to a CL team and the past 2 years have had and do have numerous CL quality players. No Scouting team will have a 100% record but Levy obviously has looked at how we spent some of our 100m versus how they spent theirs. He has identified Mitchell as someone he wants and may well get him.

How important has Mitchell been to Saints? None of us know for sure, but if he goes it is a blow of some sort, especially as it might be to Spurs.

But backroom staff move around for reasons other than size of club. He may just want a different challenge after making our department sustainable over the last 3 years.

You'd expect Mitchell has a few restrictive covenants on his contract preventing him from being able just to move into his new job seamlessly, better still a few months gardening leave before he starts.

Trouble is though that 'data' and systems might be owned by the employer, but it is difficult to impose a restriction on what is in his own knowledge and simply 'how to do the job'.

So there goes the last remaining keystone from the Clubs recent success....All down to you now Mr Reed, no more backs to ride, sink or swim time.

Saint George, why don't you go and support Leeds/Blackpool or something? Looking at your post history, it is filled with nothing but bedwetting. After the first league win of the season, you stopped posting and have only reappeared a couple of times to berate the board. After a summer of prolific posting, you must feel disappointed.

I know it's hard to accept that Saints are having a good time which therefore gives you F all to complain about, but if you turn your attention to the forums of one of the above clubs, you'll be able to post nonsense like the below every day!

You're having a laugh if you think we're as strong as we were last season......Last seasons Saints would have ****ing hammered that **** poor Liverpool team we played on Sunday

Red and white stripes have always been associated with mediocrity and failure in the English football leagues...So i guess it's fitting big Kat brought back the stripes during her raping of Southampton FC.......Enjoy peeps

So there goes the last remaining keystone from the Clubs recent success....All down to you now Mr Reed, no more backs to ride, sink or swim time.

After you success of stopping Schniderlin going and single handedly saving the club in august, why didn't you post demanding he stay?

Ha. Not saying that is the case. But many used those players as a way of criticising Cortese.

End of the day a club of our size can never go and buy the finished article, we are seen as a stepping stone to a CL team and the past 2 years have had and do have numerous CL quality players. No Scouting team will have a 100% record but Levy obviously has looked at how we spent some of our 100m versus how they spent theirs. He has identified Mitchell as someone he wants and may well get him.

How important has Mitchell been to Saints? None of us know for sure, but if he goes it is a blow of some sort, especially as it might be to Spurs.

But backroom staff move around for reasons other than size of club. He may just want a different challenge after making our department sustainable over the last 3 years.

I think the signings from italy had alot to do with Cortese, (Ramirez Osvaldo and Guly). Think I read he was friends with an agent over there or something aswell :suspicious:

Regardless of whether Mitchell heads for Spurs, I hope Ralph & Co are ready to dismiss any approach from them for any player or, at the very least, make it clear that they are now subject to a special 25% premium on any fee.

At some point we have to make it clear that we do have a way of punishing teams that engage in unwelcome and often questionable conduct regarding our players or staff.

After all, the predatory clubs are far more likely to want our players than we are to want theirs (along with their crazy contracts).

I'm surprised St Charlie, Batman et al aren't ripping the board to shreds. Surely they can keep him against his will? Easy to do.

If I were them I'd be blaming Les Reed for everything, making up nicknames for Mr Krueger and abusing our owner about her looks, weight and competence when running a company.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

I'm surprised St Charlie, Batman et al aren't ripping the board to shreds. Surely they can keep him against his will? Easy to do.

If I were them I'd be blaming Les Reed for everything, making up nicknames for Mr Krueger and abusing our owner about her looks, weight and competence when running a company.

Do you still think Spurs paid a journalist to make this story up?

Wow. If Spurs want to know why we have had so much success, why don't they just rummage through our bins? Maybe if Steffen Freund isn't doing anything, he can oblige? Seriously though, I wonder if this (obviously very good) appointment is really going to fit in amongst the short-termism that seems to rage at WHL? As we have seen already this year, it's not the players, not the staff, not the training pitches or the type of balls they use but that a patient, long-term vision was set up by the Liebherrs that applies from everyone and everything at our club for age 8/9 upwards. You can't mimic that when your focus is actually on outcomes now.

We will be fine. We appointed Mitchell after losing Huw Jennings(?) I think and Georges Prost. We have the right direction from the top so I am confident we will do well. And what ambitious academy person wouldn't join what we have? #weMarchOn

It's not happening. It's all made up by the press

Don't panic