Friday night games

whelk

Don't see any point in Friday games, just means the Saturday is then boring. It's also the one time of the week when traffic is worst, especially on the motorways. Spare a thought for the Saints fans living in London, the Midlands or the West Country who would have to try and drive or train it to St Mary's between 5 and 7pm on a Friday.

I remember losing at home to Colchester on a Friday once. The game and atmosphere were dreadful.

Not to mention Reading's smash and grab.

Still remember winning away in the rain at Southend in L1 and Bristol Rovers in the cup - great nights out.

Edited by shurlock

Don't see any point in Friday games, just means the Saturday is then boring. It's also the one time of the week when traffic is worst, especially on the motorways. Spare a thought for the Saints fans living in London, the Midlands or the West Country who would have to try and drive or train it to St Mary's between 5 and 7pm on a Friday.

They won't need to, it will be on the telly......

Not to mention Reading's smash and grab.

Still remember winning away in the rain at Southend in L1 and Bristol Rovers in the cup - great nights out.

I went to all of them, forgot they were Friday nighters. How that Saaaafend game didn't get called off I don't know, we had to swim the last part of the journey.

The Royals fan I was working with after that game didn't shut the f**k up for about a month.

How is that going to work with Champions League, Europa League and League Cup matches being played in the same week ?

friday nights would be Hull v WBA type matches. Having said that it is better than Monday night.

It would work exactly the same as Monday games.

Football fans are mere disposable trimmings as far as Football is concerned at PL level, no one gives two hoots about Saints fans having to get to Newcastle on a Friday night, when you consider that the last TV contract was so vast that not one football club actually had to increase the price of a ticket to see the games, at the end of the day in reality it doesn't really matter how many folks spin through the turnstiles as they contribute a tiny financial reward overall.

Having said that it does matter to clubs like Saints who thanks to FFP need to maximise every revenue stream.

Still if it ain't too much of a chore getting to a game a Friday night game does open up the whole weekend to do other stuff.

League games were originally shown live in the 80s on a Friday night. If I remember rightly, we beat Liverpool 2-0 in a Friday night game.

I am largely against any game not played at 3pm on a Saturday, although Wednesday night football to catch up the fixtures lost by FA cup and international weekends is good as well.

Would be interested if a study was done that would demonstrate the effects of live games shown at 3 on a Saturday. Let's face it, we more or less have it now with many pubs streaming or using foreign satellite services.

It's better then Monday night that's for sure. Would be nice for them to actually think about it though and not put us away in the NE or vice versa.

Better than Monday night, but I would hate Fridays. Don't give Sky ideas. They will drag more matches from Saturdays and move games to Fridays as well as Mondays.

All without considering fans.

Better than Monday night, but I would hate Fridays. Don't give Sky ideas. They will drag more matches from Saturdays and move games to Fridays as well as Mondays.

All without considering fans.

It is not a case of giving Sky ideas the PL have made it an option to bid for. It will only be 10 games so don't panic with 18 on Monday night. Something like 44% of games will be on tv

And the fans they are considering are the ones that she'll out for subscriptions across the world

If the games were to kick off at 6.30pm, it'd leave enough Friday night pub time. Any later and they'd be killing of yet another English tradition as well as the game we love.

Then you'd get no one at the games, seeing as they'd all still be commuting back from work.

The games will be at 8pm.

Then you'd get no one at the games, seeing as they'd all still be commuting back from work.

The games will be at 8pm.

What's wrong with going straight to the game from work? Starting at 8pm the Stadiums would be empty as most would watch at home or in the Pubs.