Eljero Elia - Confirmed 6 Month Loan

Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

Looks a hell of a find based on his first two appearances. Two well taken goals, good pace, excellent work rate and got some ability on the ball too.

was very impressed with his work rate, touches, movement and strength. Hopefully it's not a fluke and we've unearthed a gem.

I've just seen his post match interview and I must say it was refreshing.

Obviously delighted to be here and back in the goals, clearly grateful that RK has given him a chance (after what seems to have been a difficult time in Germany) and apparently interacting with his new team mates well. In short everything I want to see from one of our players and not a sign on show of the reputation for being rather 'difficult' that preceded his arrival.

We've all seen many new players start well but then rapidly go off the boil, but I'm thinking that Eljero may well prove to be a real asset to this squad for the rest of the season - and maybe beyond.

Loved the interview - was what was I hoping for from Osvaldo, someone who desperately wants to repay the faith shown in him by the manager and just grateful for another opportunity. Long may it continue, even when hes not having it all his own way.

Edited by shurlock

I feel we'll get him personally. Love the way he hugged koeman and he loves being here. Comparisons to balbalotelli are way off. Has koeman got a signing wrong?

If you're referring to me, I wasn't comparing them - just saying that he's been here 5 minutes and already been a more effective signing.

He's obviously got talent, you don't get 20-odd Dutch NT caps and signed by Juve/Bremen without being pretty special. Seems to have great physical attributes with his strength and speed. Fantastic skills on the ball typical of a dutch player. Sounds like it was all a mental thing that stopped him from succeeding at other clubs. He comes across quite shy/softly-spoken/humble in his interviews so perhaps he needs confidence to shine, and he seems to be getting that from Koeman and co.

Looks a gem

Has a cristiano Ronaldo look about him ;)

His celebration on the 2nd goal was Ronaldoesque for sure.

I loved the hug with RK after the first goal. Seemed genuine and heartfelt. I am sucker for that kind of sentimentality. He seems so grateful for the opportunity. It sounds like he wants to seize it.

That post match interview nearly put tears in my eyes.

His celebration on the 2nd goal was Ronaldoesque for sure.

I loved the hug with RK after the first goal. Seemed genuine and heartfelt. I am sucker for that kind of sentimentality. He seems so grateful for the opportunity. It sounds like he wants to seize it.

That post match interview nearly put tears in my eyes.

link?

I think it's a big testament to the Koemans and all the back room staff for not only there coaching abilitys but the man management as well,from what it seems he has taken quite a gamble on him,but he has already got him firing on all cylinders.he will only improve as he gets used to the players and tempo of the prem,and at £4.5 mill in the summer he could be some signing

Does anyone follow him on facebook? After both his games so far he has posted a video which shows pretty much every touch of the ball he made. Literally I'm not sure where he gets the footage from and I'm fairly sure if it was reported he would probably be asked to take it down :lol:

He certainly seems to have something to prove! Long may it continue. Great signing.

Loved it when he said "Not so good for the first 10 minutes, then we started to play football"

So was everyone having tea for the first 10 minutes?? :)

Genuine guy, I like him, I get the impression he was rock bottom in confidence prior to his arrival and has had a tough time of it, glad Koemans confidence in him has turned things around.

Pathetic player ratings by SKY. Who does these ratings/

Southampton: Forster (6), Clyne (7), Gardos (6), Fonte (6), S. Davis (7), Tadic (6), Ward-Prowse (8), Pelle (7), Bertrand (6), Elia (9), Reed (6).

Subs: Long (6), Cork (6), Targett (6)

Pathetic player ratings by SKY. Who does these ratings/

Southampton: Forster (6), Clyne (7), Gardos (6), Fonte (6), S. Davis (7), Tadic (6), Ward-Prowse (8), Pelle (7), Bertrand (6), Elia (9), Reed (6).

Subs: Long (6), Cork (6), Targett (6)

In the United game in one of the papers Gardos was given a 6, Blind was given an 8 :lol: