Eljero Elia - Confirmed 6 Month Loan

Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

Think you've got the gist, the problem is. ? Mane is coming back! and his trouble is that nobody has impressed upon him that 'your supposed to take the ball with you' when you make a break no matter how fast you can run. and also that there four white posts at each end of the pitch and the ball has to go between the middle two for a goal.

Seems he's a cross between Balotelli, Osvaldo and Anelka. A lot of dressing room and off field troubles. He's homophobic, supports racist groups and doesn't mix well with team colleagues. Hence 6 clubs in 10 years.

I thought we did our homework on their character and background before we sign players?

Would love to see you say any of this to his face fART. You Internet warrior.

There are some things that the world doesn't need....

https://cdn.balr.com/image/cache/data/BALR-Blazer-front-600x600.jpg

What do you expect from a pro footballer who names his brand Baller? Footballers and gangsta clothing brands are hardly known for their subtlety. You are not his target market regardless so who cares?

Edited by farawaysaint

@ELJERO11ELIA: It was good to see my little brother @memphisdepay after a long time ♥️ http://t.co/SFjhHwmQoQ

So if he's in Southampton does this mean Memphis Depay is also in Southampton? Anyone of our experts on clandestine things such as earlobes have an encyclopaedic knowledge of car parks? :suspicious:

The fact that he 'watched' the game doesn't necessarily mean he is in England. I'd say he found an online stream and watched us! :rolleyes:

Looking Forward to seeing what he can do for Saints. Hoping he adapts quickly to the physical side of the game and is not one who falls to the ground on the slightest touch. He has skills and is an area we needed to strengthen. I guess its all about Koeman brining out the best of him and the saints players making him welcome.

On the transport issue perhaps we could advise something like;

girls-on-a-segway.jpg

Hey guys!

I'm a Werder Bremen supporter and decided to register in your forums in order to leave my or "our" opinion about Eljero Elia here. First of all, maybe some general information about Werder, as most of you won't know that much about this club. Well, we've been quite successfull for several years with coach Thomas Schaaf, playing in the Champions League in every year from 2004 to 2010, with the exception of 2009, when we won the German Cup and got the UEFA Cup final. Since then, things went quite badly and after all our great players (Mertesacker, Pizarro, Özil etc.) had left, the players the money was reinvested in were not able to fill those gaps (Ekici, Arnautovic, Wesley etc.).

One of those players is Eljero Elia. When he joined us, we - like for every player - had great hopes which he failed to answer sadly. He had some bright moments, when you could clearly see what he is capable of. When he finally scored his first goal in September 2013 and even made it a brace, we thought he has finally become the messiah we expected him to be. But those moments were quite rare. He is a dribbler, but then again tries to nutmeg half of the opponents' team. This basically always ended in a loss of possession or a goal tick for the other side. Additionally, his finishing is horrible. While some players tend to think about how they shoot the ball, Elia just tries to get to the ball with his speed and then simply kick it and hope for the best. He has talent, but his understanding of the game seems not very convincing at all.

I don't really want to judge things related to his private life, but yeah, he does not seem like a philosopher. Instagram die-hard user, posting and deleting things and facebook every 5 minutes and stuff like that. For German tabloid BILD he was easy prey with his lifestyle, like for example when he bought a TV for 35,000 €. On Facebook, he recently answered like this to a fan who (obviously insolently) asked him to care about himself instead of his injured colleague.

We would have been happy to let him go for about 2 million € or even less, as he was not needed anymore and was (one of) the highest paid players in the team. When rumours came up about a permanent deal for something around 5 million €, we were going nuts as we could not believe that somebody might pay this much! Now, that it has become a loan deal, we are not so satisfied anymore because we simply can't see him doing well for the Saints. But we are certainly wishing him all the best! You know, we need that money and 5,5 million € are a huge sume for a club like ours. Premier League prices are ridiculous, so at least give us a piece of the cake! ;) It would be ridiculous to get the money we spend on this player back!

All the best, Eljero! All the best, Saints! :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the Worum!

€35k for a TV? Must be a ****ing big one!!! But really, he is cover for Mané while he is at the ACN, so Piggy (welcome BTW, nice to have more Europeans here after the Feyenoord lot) you might be getting him back, so hope you don't spend the €5m too soon. But let's see....as you say, he has the talent and as he says, it's time to prove his detractors wrong. The press here have likened him to Balotelli, who seems incapable of proving his detractors wrong, but let's hope he is different.

What do you think of Tonev Piggy?

Well, I can't really say anything about him, as I've never really seen him play. But as Werder was linked with him already before his Villa move, he has been discussed in our forums. The general consensus was that he is a talented young player with a good shot who Werder Bremen can't risk to spend 3,000,000 € on.

Skripnik was instructed by the club's managment to not field me anymore. I was the player who burdened the budget the most. It is not going well financially, there are losses of millions and they had to make clear to me that I should leave. Looking back, only the first half of the first season was good. Back then, we had a strong team with a good attack. Marko Arnautovic, Kevin de Bruyne...

In the winter break we were on the 7th place, we finished 12th. After that, it turned out that there are financial problems and players had to be sold unavoidably. And the quality has hardly been improved, which actually made the team get worse and worse.

Link. First of all we were 12th in that winter and finished 14th. Other than that a player should not talk like this about his former team, especially when he is just on loan. And I reckon that his kind of reproachful tone is a bit conceited as he does not lose a word about himself. He did neither leave a good impression off nor and especially on the pitch.

Hey guys!

I'm a Werder Bremen supporter and decided to register in your forums in order to leave my or "our" opinion about Eljero Elia here.....

All the best, Eljero! All the best, Saints! :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the Worum!

Thanks for an interesting read, and a bit of an insight into Elia, as seen at Werder.

It does seem we've brought another heap of potential trouble to the club, but if anyone can sort him and get his head on the straight and narrow, then Koeman can. If not, then we'll just send him back to you at the end of the season, with a label, 'return to sender, best wishes, Southampton FC.';). Although as Angelman said he may be a temporary cover for Mane.

Good luck to your team for the rest of the season. I remember Saints playing Bremen in a pre-season friendly tournament a few years back. Small group of your supporters were in the corner of the ground and had a 'wavy hands' motion every time you had a corner. They also supported Saints against Bilbao in the final match of a three way tournament.

Think you've got the gist, the problem is. ? Mane is coming back! and his trouble is that nobody has impressed upon him that 'your supposed to take the ball with you' when you make a break no matter how fast you can run. and also that there four white posts at each end of the pitch and the ball has to go between the middle two for a goal.

Tit

Southampton FC @SouthamptonFC · 11h 11 hours ago

NEWS: @ELJERO11ELIA has been allocated the number 22 shirt following his loan move to #SaintsFC.

Koeman: 'I know the player, I know the family of the player, I know the agent of the player. He’s a serious boy and he wants the chance to play football. He has the chance to play football at Southampton.

“It’s a good step, a big step for him. He’s still not 100 per cent because he didn’t play the last few months.

“But for the next weekend he will be prepared and he has to take his chance. For the rest, that is separate from football and I’m not interested.'

Southampton FC @SouthamptonFC · 11h 11 hours ago

NEWS: @ELJERO11ELIA has been allocated the number 22 shirt following his loan move to #SaintsFC.

Koeman: 'I know the player, I know the family of the player, I know the agent of the player. He’s a serious boy and he wants the chance to play football. He has the chance to play football at Southampton.

“It’s a good step, a big step for him. He’s still not 100 per cent because he didn’t play the last few months.

“But for the next weekend he will be prepared and he has to take his chance. For the rest, that is separate from football and I’m not interested.'

Ah - nice defence of the lad from Koeman. Good luck!