Eljero Elia - Confirmed 6 Month Loan

Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

Good news to have someone in who obviously has some talent. If he's good, we benefit, if he's a d*ck, we can kick him out, so nothing lost.
We obviously do lose if he's a d1ck. One key squad position that we want to strengthen in and doesn't work is still a "loss" come the end of the season.

Agreed. He is likely to be lambasted by some if he doesn't try to dribble at players and goes sideways, and others if he doesn't beat his man over and over.

If he arrives he gets the benefit of the doubt and encouragement from me. (It worked with j-rod, I don't mind admitting I lost faith in Gaston after a year or so!)

I hadnt considered that problem. IF he does sign and is good who becomes the boo boy? Had some having a pop at Pelle for not trying hard enough vs Everton - could he be in with a shout? Or Forster for not coming off his line? Its been decided that Victor only passes sideways or to the opposition so he'd be an option.

We wont be short of options on the bench either.

Sounds like the sort of player who needs a kick up the backside. More stick than carrot for this bro! I suggest when he comes on for his debut, we all roundly boo him. If we all do it, I mean the whole stadium, not just the normal one or two, that will give him great encouragement. He will think, 'Wow! These Saints fans, they do not suffer fools gladly! I will have to be really good to impress these knowledgeable fans!'

I also won't be celebrating his goals. If an El Jero goal is met with complete, resolute silence, I think that will send out the right message.

Welcome to Saints, El Jero!

Sounds like the sort of player who needs a kick up the backside. More stick than carrot for this bro! I suggest when he comes on for his debut, we all roundly boo him. If we all do it, I mean the whole stadium, not just the normal one or two, that will give him great encouragement. He will think, 'Wow! These Saints fans, they do not suffer fools gladly! I will have to be really good to impress these knowledgeable fans!'

I also won't be celebrating his goals. If an El Jero goal is met with complete, resolute silence, I think that will send out the right message.

Welcome to Saints, El Jero!

I shall be cheering "Mane!Mane!Mane!" everytime this new wastrel touches the ball. The end of the African Cup of Whatever can't come soon enough.

I hadnt considered that problem. IF he does sign and is good who becomes the boo boy? Had some having a pop at Pelle for not trying hard enough vs Everton - could he be in with a shout? Or Forster for not coming off his line? Its been decided that Victor only passes sideways or to the opposition so he'd be an option.

We wont be short of options on the bench either.

The solution is at hand, aren't we rumoured (yeah right) to be buying for a pittance some donkey from Pompey...look no further for a boo boy because a) he's got to be crap and b) he's from Skate's fair city.

I shall be cheering "Mane!Mane!Mane!" everytime this new wastrel touches the ball. The end of the African Cup of Whatever can't come soon enough.

Word. I think I've given this El Jero a fair crack, but he's just not cutting it for me. Reminds me of Freddy Arias.

Done deal boys & girls!

SouthamptonFC: BREAKING: We’re pleased to announce that #SaintsFC has reached an agreement for the signing of winger @ELJERO11ELIA. http://t.co/hqk6yyV5JG

SouthamptonFC: BREAKING: @ELJERO11ELIA will join #SaintsFC on loan from @werderbremen until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move.

SouthamptonFC: BREAKING: @ELJERO11ELIA, who has 27 caps for Holland, will complete his move to #SaintsFC when the transfer window opens on 3rd January.

Edited by itchen_dan

Done deal boys & girls!

SouthamptonFC: BREAKING: We’re pleased to announce that #SaintsFC has reached an agreement for the signing of winger @ELJERO11ELIA. http://t.co/hqk6yyV5JG

SouthamptonFC: BREAKING: @ELJERO11ELIA will join #SaintsFC on loan from @werderbremen until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move.

SouthamptonFC: BREAKING: @ELJERO11ELIA, who has 27 caps for Holland, will complete his move to #SaintsFC when the transfer window opens on 3rd January.

If he can't complete until the 3rd of Jan, does that mean he won't be available for the Ipswich game?

Welcome Eljero! He's had his problems but he has qualities that no-one else in this squad has. If he gets it together we have a top quality player on our hands. Some players take a while to mature, in many was he's had a similar path to Arnautovic at Stoke. If we get the Elia from Twente and Hamburg then I expect a permanent deal, if we get the Elia from Bremen and Juventus he's going back to Germany in the summer.