Toby

washsaint

If anyone wants to trust Sh1te Sports News, in case you hadn't noticed it, they actually managed to get Ronald's name wrong. i.e. one of the most well known defenders ever and the manager (for at least a season) of a top 7 club in the PL. And in a news story that is part of an ongoing saga they have been reporting Ronald's quotes in for some time.

I present to you our new manager (according to Sky Sources) Ronaldo Koeman.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9905781/southampton-sign-defender-cuco-martina-from-fc-twente (last paragraph).

"Ronaldo Koeman strengthens his squad ahead of the new Premier League season."

A little bit of conjecture! Last summer we took TA on loan. But was it? From something that has happened way back that I can't remember the details a foreign loan isn't a loan. Saints would have completed a permanent transfer for an agreed fee and received his international clearance and his registration, a contract was in place to buy the player in 2015 for £6.8m unless AM activated a clause allowing them to buy him back for £1.5m before a defined date.

The date has passed and Saints have their player as soon as AM accept the agreed £6.8m but in the meantime hold the international clearance and registration as AM had failed to buy him back. Skacel as mentioned on this thread and Lampard were also tied up in this sort of arrangement.

Edited by derry

If AM have missed triggering the £1.5m buy back clause, why are we now offering 20m euros when the original contract says we only have to offer the original 6.8m?

Because people on here whinged about it, so Les decided to up his game

If AM have missed triggering the £1.5m buy back clause, why are we now offering 20m euros when the original contract says we only have to offer the original 6.8m?

I'd like us to stick to our guns but maybe it's a sweetener so not have to go through the courts and to make life easier for everyone. I doubt it's 20M Euro's either or if it is there'll be a lot of add ons.

A little bit of conjecture! Last summer we took TA on loan. But was it? From something that has happened way back that I can't remember the details a foreign loan isn't a loan. Saints would have completed a permanent transfer for an agreed fee and received his international clearance and his registration, a contract was in place to buy the player in 2015 for £6.8m unless AM activated a clause allowing them to buy him back for £1.5m before a defined date.

The date has passed and Saints have their player as soon as AM accept the agreed £6.8m but in the meantime hold the international clearance and registration as AM had failed to buy him back. Skacel as mentioned on this thread and Lampard were also tied up in this arrangement.

Lampard is involved in the Toby deal? Just gets more complicated!

A valid question seeing as we threatened legal action over it just two days ago.

Also, in the context of Spurs offer, €20m seems a lot.

If anyone wants to trust Sh1te Sports News, in case you hadn't noticed it, they actually managed to get Ronald's name wrong. i.e. one of the most well known defenders ever and the manager (for at least a season) of a top 7 club in the PL. And in a news story that is part of an ongoing saga they have been reporting Ronald's quotes in for some time.

I present to you our new manager (according to Sky Sources) Ronaldo Koeman.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9905781/southampton-sign-defender-cuco-martina-from-fc-twente (last paragraph).

"Ronaldo Koeman strengthens his squad ahead of the new Premier League season."

This was clearly a Freudian slip and they have knowledge Ronaldo is coming to the South Coast. FACT! You heard it here first! Watch this space!

AM want a lot more than the 6.8m, and both AM and Saints would prefer not to arse about with legal actions (despite our threat); so I guess we've upped our bid in an effort to avoid making it overly drawn out and to ensure we get Toby.

Does seem an uncomfortably big step up from 6.8m though.

Speculating, as is all we can really do, the deal does seem to have stalled with Toby going to Spurs. As has been said, if Toby wanted to go to Spurs surely the deal will have gone through by now. Maybe he is happy to stay at Saints but can see the merits of a move so will go with who wants him most.

From our perspective signing Toby is a massive symbolic move because it sends all of the right messages to the other players and critically to a manager who is likely to be courted by other clubs in the remaining part of his contract.

Their problem is that sports news just doesn't happen 24 hours a day, so they either have to regurgitate the same news over and over all day until something new happens, or they create a false sense of stuff actually happening by reporting on what less-than-reliable sources are saying.

Since they took the slightly weird decision to push SSN to the top of the sports section of the Sky EPG at 401 (thereby completely ****ing up the channel numbering for their actual sport channels :sulk: ) they'd had to justify that by ensuring the content varies by the hour so people don't just switch on, see that the news hasn't changed, and then swiftly **** off to another channel. Hence why they have all these social media polls which Arsenal fans seem to strangely love rigging in their favour and continually refer to Twitter and Instagram when there's literally nothing else to say. They're catering for a certain audience, the short-attention-span monkeys who only want to hear stuff about what a big name had for breakfast #chilling.

In summary: Sky Sports News :spaz:

And most of the numpties that post on here.

well it was 10m euros so if true we are offering double that.

Just had a call from a Spurs fan who works at WHL. He says the deal is definitely done and that we're getting the £1.5m plus further compensation.

You've got to be one of the biggest helmets on here, with your regular 'inside scoops'.

In summary then, nobody has got a f*cking clue what's going on. I always think something must have happened when I come on and there are another 5 pages, but it mainly Alpine getting his granny pants in a twist and everyone laughing at him. What a waste of time.

What are you talking about you moron? When have I posted 'regular' inside scoops? I've probably posted less than 10 comments on here in the last 6 months.

Come on, admit it..... You do just write a load of made up crap don't you?

In summary then, nobody has got a f*cking clue what's going on. I always think something must have happened when I come on and there are another 5 pages, but it mainly Alpine getting his granny pants in a twist and everyone laughing at him. What a waste of time.

Alps has been the standout performer this afternoon. Far more entertaining than people repetitively quoting twitter bollax from unknown 14 year olds, pretending to be ITK journos.

Having a quick look Sidney has a source at every club and also knows directors at Saints! :lol:

When did I ever say I had a source at every club??? Nothing like blowing things out of proportion is there???

For the record, I did know a director at Saints - He's not there now. I know a coach who works for Fulham and used to be at Liverpool. I also know his brother who is head of nutrition at Man City. A good friend works in the press office at WHL and I know ex-manager, Dave Bassett. Hope that makes things a little clearer for you?

What are you talking about you moron? When have I posted 'regular' inside scoops? I've probably posted less than 10 comments on here in the last 6 months.

You tend to raise your game during the transfer windows, pal; otherwise, you've got pretty much f**k all to say or contribute.

You tend to raise your game during the transfer windows, pal; otherwise, you've got pretty much f**k all to say or contribute.

Firstly, I'm not your 'Pal'. Secondly, people are bound to say more at this time of the year as there's this thing called the transfer window and it generates quite a lot of press and general interest and excitement.

Love the Standard tonight, being avidly read by so many . "Koeman anger as [Toby] is on the verge of signing for Spurs" says the headline. Goes on to spout the usual tripe and then the "anger" is simply RK's factual summary of what he said was happening at the press conference. Plumbing new depths of tosh

Guardian just released article stating that Reed is in Madrid regarding compensation, and that Alderweireld to Spurs will be completed once those talks are concluded.

Link? Struggling to find that on the Guardian website.

Guardian just released article stating that Reed is in Madrid regarding compensation, and that Alderweireld to Spurs will be completed once those talks are concluded.

So, if those talks never conclude then Toby doesn't sign for Spurs? Excellent news. Keep them talking for c.9 months Les. :)

Why would Reed have to go to Madrid to agree compensation?

As a complete guess maybe they have offered us a slice of the deal to drop potential legal action and Reed is negotiating the amount?

Also allegedly Madrid haven't responded to our renewed offer for Alderweireld.

Honestly, there is little point trying to make sense of this. Messiest transfer saga I can remember us being involved in.

If we are just negotiating compensation for a breach of contract, then surely that would be handled by our lawyers. Les Reed's job is to recruit players, not resolve legal disputes over players that are going to other clubs. So, I'd take the article as just another speculative pile of crap. (Disclaimer: I've not read the article; I'm just going on your summary of it).