Toby

washsaint

More re-hash. He was set to sign today, last night, and he was set to sign over the weekend on Friday.

Exactly what I thought when I wrote it. They genuinely don't have a clue whats happening, The Mirror and Sky Sports. :lol: We're still in for him & tryin.

Please stop.

We have had it for 2 days

Ignore the media, they know nothing

He can't sign for Spurs as we have a contract. You were one of them

Yet here we are and we sat by and let Spurs get much of the deal done before we did anything about it seemingly

Yet here we are and we sat by and let Spurs get much of the deal done before we did anything about it seemingly

Of course that's how it played out.

Does sound like we dropped a bollock here. I reckon that could have been why the legal guy left.

Does sound like we dropped a bollock here. I reckon that could have been why the legal guy left.

And we went public (which we generally never do)

He was there for us. The best quality signing in a generation and we blew it IMO

He got his head turned in the end, I suppose we farted around for too long and someone has nipped in.

Their is no loyalty in football and I do think we come across as too nice to become a top 6 club sometimes.

Reed needs to grows some balls, tell UTD you have until this Friday to match the 27m for Morgan or **** off.

He was there for us. The best quality signing in a generation and we blew it IMO

Yeah it's gutting. Particularly because he could easily have been ours and seemingly wanted to come. What a shame and I hope we learn from this in the future.

market averages, he's a mercenary, why was he on loan to us..... he proved he was good. He knew he was good, and we were the shop window for his abilities. Just enjoy we had a year of his service.

Although i would like us to sign him.... We were just a shop window, and bouy did we get interest from the bottom feeders...

This summer is another reminder why I cannot stand it when the club come out with champions league horse shyt every year. Just stop, please

Haven't seen that this year tbf. Koeman has generally been a lot more realistic about our place in the football hierarchy.

surely if he goes to spurs its because he wants to play there. how would anything that saints do change that? regardless of any deal in place between the clubs he has to agree to sign. if he wants to play for saints he will sign for us if he doesnt he wont. surely its a simple as that. or am i missing something?

Not bothered or worried. Was more bothered about Lovren leaving last year but that was before we realised Fonte is the real reason for Saints' solid defence. That, and Koeman's defensive expertise.

Toby is moving to leaky Spurs - let's see how he gets on.

I thought he was a money guy not a legal guy? Still, you can't help wondering whether his departure has something to do with this. Perhaps he was leaking financial details of the contractual agreement between Saints and AM to Spurs and he was found out. Expect to see him getting a job at White Fart Lane next...!

Similar outcome to the Eyal Bercovic loan many years ago. Once the richer clubs get a sniff of a quality player its over. (For younger fans West Ham were richer in those days and snapped him up from under our noses). No gamble for Spurs as he's been tested out in the Prem unlike a lot of their poorly scouted recent signings.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but les reed has royally blown it here. Just terrible by saints to handle it like this.

What? Toby wanted to go to Spurs.

50 pages of replies on this subject and NO ONE knew what was going on at all.

It was all "I'm sures", "I believe" etc.

All a load of waffle and people are actually surprised he's not going to be a Saints player.

Can we start a petition to encourage the club to hire Batman as its new player recruitment manager? Because obviously no one inside knows what they're doing and we will never amount to anything without his expertise.

Pretty gutting to be honest. Don't really understand how this has all unravelled but it seems pretty bonkers that we had first option, a permanent transfer clause that was never deactivated, and seemingly, the will of the player, but we have lost out. Not to mention the fact that we were (eventually) prepared to gazump Spurs' offer. Wonder why Atletico seemed so unprepared to deal with us? Lets hope our lawyers do the business and Atletico and Spurs get hit by hefty transfer bans/fines.

surely if he goes to spurs its because he wants to play there. how would anything that saints do change that? regardless of any deal in place between the clubs he has to agree to sign. if he wants to play for saints he will sign for us if he doesnt he wont. surely its a simple as that. or am i missing something?

I think the argument is more around Saints not acting quicker to get this sorted with Atletico and somehow letting the situation slip from our grasp. Seems they are a bit snakey but we held a good hand with a player who seemed happy to play here and the ability to pay for him.

market averages, he's a mercenary, why was he on loan to us..... he proved he was good. He knew he was good, and we were the shop window for his abilities. Just enjoy we had a year of his service.

Although i would like us to sign him.... We were just a shop window, and bouy did we get interest from the bottom feeders...

Another absolute shambles by us. To not sign Toby is unbelievable especially when the player wanted to stay. Perhaps we couldn't match his wages? Don't trust his hamstring? Seems unlikely, but there has to be a huge reason why we haven't been able to secure this one.

This summer is another reminder why I cannot stand it when the club come out with champions league horse shyt every year. Just stop, please

Too many people hear Champions League and miss what Les, Ronald and Ralph say over and over and over again. We can't and won't be competing with the bigger clubs on fees and wages.

The Champions League thing is just a little dream that if we all pull together we might just do it, like we kind of nearly did in the season just gone.

we had first option, a permanent transfer clause that was never deactivated, and seemingly, the will of the player, but we have lost out.

When you put it like that it does sound crazy. We've made a big deal about how Atletico didn't cancel the transfer by the deadline set, but if that was the case why didn't we just put the transfer through? Unless Atletico literally were not picking up the phone to us?

Too many people hear Champions League and miss what Les, Ronald and Ralph say over and over and over again. We can't and won't be competing with the bigger clubs on fees and wages.

The Champions League thing is just a little dream that if we all pull together we might just do it, like we kind of nearly did in the season just gone.

Yeah, I don't think they ever really believe Saints will become a regular CL club, just that we might be able to achieve something incredible in the modern day game by upsetting the big boys.

Hilarious at how many are moaning at Saints for not getting the deal done based on speculation and Journalist musings.

The fact is, none of us (apart from Monk) have a clue what has actually gone on, I personally, highly doubt that Saints just metaphorically slept in their Hammocks and let Spurs sneak into the toilets with Toby, it's much more likely that Atletico just ignored our advances completely, did the deal with Spurs and just didn't care about the compensation payment as it is a relatively small amount in footballing terms.

People blaming Saints when they've no idea what actually happened, absolutely pathetic.

Sad, sad, preventable , amateurish performance.

Cant be arsed with this crap anymore.

We do seem to be terribly amateurish at the contract side of the business...

This kind of farcical element in players coming and going appears to have a repetitive theme.....

If Les is in charge of these matters then he maybe needs to delegate this side of things....

We need to sharpen up if we are to progress both on and off the field..