Toby

washsaint

Good news for Saints...Crook more wrong than right.

@alex_crook: Just spoke to a very good contact at #thfc and they say Alderweireld was due at the club today for the usual pre signing photos #saintsfc

Probably the bloke who dresses up as the cockerel.

Good news for Saints...Crook more wrong than right.

@alex_crook: Just spoke to a very good contact at #thfc and they say Alderweireld was due at the club today for the usual pre signing photos #saintsfc

He's stood them up.

I honestly don't believe it's that close. Just my feeling all along.

So, who to believe? ''Unknown' Spurs sources, or Toby's dad?

hmm

....or....maybe..... he genuinely has no strong preference one way or the other and has had the medical in advance of negotiations being completed by one party or the other ;-) saves time later if it should drag on and on. I think I might do that in his position - 'here's what I want salary-wise - now f&ck off and sort it out between yourselves and come back and let me know when I have an actual decision to make'

this is a complete ++++up. all the talk of being a well run club is down the swanny in my opinion. I think letting Toby go is just the type of crap that will rile Ron no end and add or probably negate any chance of him staying beyond his contract. Im sick after all the self congratulates i have heard after last summer that Less Reed could let this happen. I would far preferred we didnt even try and get him as he obviously (if he goes to spurs) is a complete knob head. The club need to buy Van Dyke from Celtic quick. I doubt they can do that as they wont offer enough money. Im completely fed up with all this sustainable talk coming from the club. It is not sustainable to weaken the team so others can catch up and all the players want to leave given any chance they get. To keep us sustainable we need to keep improving the signings. West Ham will improve over the next 5 years, Everton will keep on doing what they do.

I expect i will get a load of flack off this forum for throwing the baby out of with the bath water and i hope i am completely wrong.I really hope I am wrong. I just want us to pull of another Kevin Keegan, i just want us to **** Spurs and liverpool.and Arsenal. I just want our young players to want to stay at the club longer than 1 season in the first team. I just want to win something not celebrate 7th. I want the club to strengthen in Jan if we are looking good like last season. I want Ralf to bring some friggin money in!!!! I want cheaper tickets, I want us to adopt Sailing as an anthem at St Marys. Im fed up and i hold the club responsible - Les Reed - Ralf Kruger and Kat. Stop all our staff leaving - pay them the money to stay. Paul mitchel had obviously down loaded all our targets, that legal officer who went obviously cocked up on Tobys contract. All the bull**** i hear 'thank you southampton, thank you' then they are off- its utter crap. Only a few players deserve to be sung, Fonte is one of them, yosheda is another maybe long maybe bertrand, . Big Vic is itching to leave we need to tie him down and buy Claise and Cabaye. we need to do this to keep Ron happy he is the only honest one amongst them all. He says it like it is. He will work his contact and then go to Barca or Holland.

If the club are not going to spend money on players then cut the ticket price simple. If my local cafe is not going to serve top restaurant food they cut the price and serve the full english and the place is packed with everyone happy.

This bit I agree with

Well, Spurs' transfer process appears to have stalled at the "Release picture of player smiling and holding up shirt" stage, which is very telling.

Even if they try that one, I suspect that there's still a lot of legal wrangling ahead.

Toby is an excellent player and dovetailed really well with Fonte and Bertrand, but he's not irreplaceable and I frankly don't think he's as durable as we need him to be. If we keep him, great. If we miss out, I have faith that management already has plans in place to sign a more than adequate replacement. The same goes for the Schneiderlin situation. I'm sure they have carefully considered plans for just about every contingency, so I'm happy to sit back and let them do their job.

We, like most clubs, are in that period of mid-Summer uncertainty that comes along every year. The only certainty at this time of year is that there will be several posters on here competing for the "Biggest-ever waste of semen" award.

Have we had this yet:

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

ALDERWEIRELD SAINTS' NO. 1 TARGET

Sky Sports understands that Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld is still Southampton's No. 1 target, despite the Belgium having undergone a medical at Spurs earlier today.

And we also believe that the south cost club have made an offer of €20m for the player in the hope of turning last season's loan move into a permanent deal this summer.

However, the Saints have yet to receive a response from Atleti.

A question to the people claiming we screwed up and should of matched spurs offer. Isn't that an admission that our deal was invalid or that AM did buy it out in time. What would our lawyers say in any action " we had a watertight agreement that AM broke . This agreement gave us the player for £6.8 million , but we decided to offer £11 million. ?"

Lyall Thomas ‏@LyallThomas 4m4 minutes ago

#SaintsFC are still trying to complete a deal for Alderweireld. Sky sources understand they are waiting to hear back on an improved offer...

Lyall Thomas ‏@LyallThomas 5h5 hours ago

Sky sources; Toby Alderweireld is on the verge of signing for #Tottenham after completing medical, despite dispute between #SaintsFC + AM

Lol, I think those 2 tweets from the SSN 'reporter' say it all.

**** me, this is a shambles. I honestly wish we would drop it, let him go to Spurs where he wants to be, sue AM and move on to a new target. I mean, he is a good, but is he "worth all this hassle" good? I'm not sure. It's like a farking hot bird who went on 2 dates with you, agreed to sleep with you after the 3rd date, but then you see her chatting to some other guy in the pub and walking out to his car. You run out and shout "But you said you would sleep with me if I took you out 1 more time!". Urgh, move on.

**** me, this is a shambles. I honestly wish we would drop it, let him go to Spurs where he wants to be, sue AM and move on to a new target. I mean, he is a good, but is he "worth all this hassle" good? I'm not sure. It's like a farking hot bird who went on 2 dates with you, agreed to sleep with you after the 3rd date, but then you see her chatting to some other guy in the pub and walking out to his car. You run out and shout "But you said you would sleep with me if I took you out 1 more time!". Urgh, move on.

Suggests to me the club do NOT have an alternative lined up...

You have jumped to a lot of conclusions without evidence in that paragraph.

They are far too skint to play those games.

Yeah, they are ****ed. Although slightly better off this morning, given Turan's transfer to Barcelona. Even though he can't play for them until next year. Nice. So that whole ''transfer'' ban stuff works pretty well, doesn't it?

It's like a farking hot bird who went on 2 dates with you, agreed to sleep with you after the 3rd date, but then you see her chatting to some other guy in the pub and walking out to his car. You run out and shout "But you said you would sleep with me if I took you out 1 more time!".

Still hurts huh? let it go.

have lost the run of this saga now.

one minute he was legally bound to saints, then toby is in enfield having his medical, then he cant be as AM HAVE to halt negotiations, then Toby's old man comes out and says nothing really has changed, then we apparently offer €20m despite having a legal agreement for half that.

This is pretty much it.

This thread is not very helpful when trying to work!

Suggests to me the club do NOT have an alternative lined up...

Lol. Seriously, STFU. If we didn't go in hard for him you'd moan, and now that we are it's because we haven't got anyone else lined up.

Seriously, just go and support FC United or something.

Only two people i trust on twitter relating to Saints: Jeremy Wilson and Adam Blackmore

Spot on and they are the only two I follow. The rest are just bull ****ters retweeting gossip. Crook, Peach, the wannabee Armstrong they just love the sound of their keyboards tapping complete and utter TOSS as their own!

If we were that interested, why did we wait until the 11th hour to submit a bid knowing we run the risk of losing him or paying more.

People can blame TA/AM/Spurs all they want, we messed up.

Why ? Because despite what the club spouts, it is small time.

So say Atletico accept our offer, does Toby still require a medical with us?

I doubt that figures into any of the dealing but presumably it wouldnt need to be done as he would have had a thorough set of scans and assessments before joining on loan.