We're all going on a European tour

Yorkshire Saint

Saints have no club coefficient ratings over the past 5 seasons and only get 20% of the associations points, so no guarantee we will be seeded

To be seeded, we need more than 10.875 points.

As England's coefficient ranking is around 80, our coefficient will be 16.078, so we will be seeded.

I would not worry to much..... There was plenty of room the last away game in Europe! Not many people can drop everything and travel in the UK let alone Eastern Europe! Even more so with 1 weeks notice! There is also the expense!

As I'm pretty well retired it's the expense that worries me! I do a bit of flexible freelance teaching and translation, so I might try and step it up a bit so I've some spare cash. I'll give Khazakstan and the like a miss, but western Western Europe would be nice! My Saints circle seems to consist of quite a few time rich and cash poor, so it might be the hare across Europe in a car job!

As I'm pretty well retired it's the expense that worries me! I do a bit of flexible freelance teaching and translation, so I might try and step it up a bit so I've some spare cash. I'll give Khazakstan and the like a miss, but western Western Europe would be nice! My Saints circle seems to consist of quite a few time rich and cash poor, so it might be the hare across Europe in a car job!

You do translation? You never mentioned that before.

There is no way I am not going this time. Last time I did not go and we went out straight away. I have to see Saints in Europe, as I never have and I am 40!

Bring it on, anyone will do!

Am in exactly the same boat!!!! Would prefer Scandinavia despite the price of a pint

Anyone know how the seeding is done?

The clubs with a lower coefficient get drawn against the clubs with a higher one. Or does it not work like that at all?

My understanding is that the half of the clubs with the lower coefficients go into one pot and the other go into another pot and one club is drawn from each pot.

Edited by Redslo

The fact that they are in it, somehow seems to devalue the competition..............

We are unlikely to face West Ham until the round of 16 because they will have the same coefficient as we do.

really happy about this.

I really hope we make the group stages...!!!

we need to avoid, Dortmund, Bilbao, Marseille, Schalke - No idea what italian teams are in it. Napoli, Fiorentina?

Edited by Batman

I've just wikid where the Final is and its at St Jakob Park Basel:o

You don't know me and will probably never meet me - but its a bit like you being a massive Swiss, FC Basel fan and finding out that the Final is at St Marys.

Unless we go all the way, the day we get knocked out the Europa League is gonna hurt...

But its probably the greatest carrot that ever got dangled in my 30 years of supporting Saints.

All pile round yours after we win the final then?

I would not worry to much..... There was plenty of room the last away game in Europe! Not many people can drop everything and travel in the UK let alone Eastern Europe! Even more so with 1 weeks notice! There is also the expense!

It depends on the location and how much notice, but anywhere reasonably accessible in Western Europe will sell out quickly.

As already said above our coefficient score is 16.078. (Due to national ranking)

In the 3rd qualifying round currently there are 10 teams above us with a higher score. Add to this 3 teams that could come through the previous rounds with a higher coefficient and 5 other teams who are still to be decided we will at worst have the 19th best coefficient score.

In the 3rd qualifying round there are 58 teams, 29 ties. So yes..... We will be seeded in this round.

Should (When!) we get through the play off round will be up next and with losing teams coming in from the Champions League qualifiers I would expect us to be an unseeded team in this round.

Teams also in the 3rd Qualifying round draw....

Germany Borussia Dortmund Coeff. 99.883

Spain Athletic Bilbao Coeff. TBD

Netherlands AZ Coeff. 46.695

Russia Dynamo Moscow Coeff. 27.599

Belgium Standard Liège Coeff. 25.440

France Bordeaux Coeff. 24.483

Portugal Vitória de Guimarães Coeff. 17.776

France Saint-Étienne Coeff. 16.983

Switzerland Zürich Coeff. 16.875

Czech Republic Slovan Liberec Coeff. 16.325

England Southampton Coeff. 16.078

Russia Krasnodar Coeff. 15.099

Portugal Belenenses Coeff. 12.276

Ukraine Vorskla Poltava Coeff. 11.033

Ukraine Zorya Luhansk Coeff. 10.533

Czech Republic Jablonec Coeff. 9.325

Cyprus AEK Larnaca Coeff. 8.460

Israel Ironi Kiryat Shmona Coeff. 7.200

Turkey İstanbul Başakşehir Coeff. 6.520

Romania Târgu Mureș Coeff. 5.259

Italy Seventh-placed team of 2014–15 Serie A

Netherlands Winners of 2014–15 Eredivisie Europa League play-offs

Greece Fourth-placed team of 2014–15 Superleague Greece

Austria Winners of 2014–15 Austrian Cup

Austria Third-placed team of 2014–15 Austrian Football Bundesliga

Teams in the 2nd Qualifying round draw so only some coming through....

Denmark Copenhagen Coeff. 40.960

Turkey Trabzonspor Coeff. 36.520

Poland Legia Warsaw Coeff. 24.800

Croatia Rijeka Coeff. 13.700

Switzerland Thun Coeff. 10.375

Romania Astra Giurgiu Coeff. 9.759

Belarus Dinamo Minsk Coeff. 9.650

Czech Republic Mladá Boleslav Coeff. 8.825

Sweden IFK Göteborg Coeff. 6.045

Israel Hapoel Be'er Sheva Coeff. 4.700

Scotland Inverness CT Coeff. 3.580

Bulgaria Cherno More Varna Coeff. 3.350

Belgium Winners of 2014–15 Belgian Pro League Europa League play-offs

Greece Fifth-placed team of 2014–15 Superleague Greece

Austria Fourth-placed team of 2014–15 Austrian Football Bundesliga

Teams in the 1st qualifying round....

England West Ham United Coeff. 16.078

Moldova Sheriff Tiraspol Coeff. 14.500

Norway Rosenborg Coeff. 11.875

Sweden Elfsborg Coeff. 11.545

Croatia Hajduk Split Coeff. 11.200

Cyprus Apollon Limassol Coeff. 10.460

Cyprus Omonia Coeff. 10.460

Slovakia Slovan Bratislava Coeff. 9.250

Sweden AIK Coeff. 9.045

Azerbaijan Neftchi Baku Coeff. 9.000

Slovakia Žilina Coeff. 8.750

Kazakhstan Aktobe Coeff. 8.575

Netherlands Go Ahead Eagles Coeff. 8.195

Serbia Red Star Belgrade Coeff. 7.775

Denmark Brøndby Coeff. 7.460

Belarus Shakhtyor Soligorsk Coeff. 7.150

Georgia (country) Dinamo Tbilisi Coeff. 6.875

Serbia Vojvodina CC: 6.275

Slovakia Spartak Trnava Coeff. 6.250

Iceland FH Coeff. 6.100

Scotland St. Johnstone Coeff. 6.080

Bosnia and Herzegovina Željezničar Coeff. 6.000

Norway Strømsgodset Coeff. 5.875

Iceland KR Coeff. 5.600

Romania Botoșani Coeff. 5.259

Croatia Lokomotiva Coeff. 5.200

Republic of Ireland Shamrock Rovers Coeff. 5.150

Luxembourg F91 Dudelange Coeff. 5.025

Azerbaijan Inter Baku Coeff. 5.000

Northern Ireland Linfield Coeff. 4.975

Malta Valletta Coeff. 4.841

Luxembourg Differdange 03 Coeff. 4.775

Republic of Macedonia Rabotnički CC: 4.675

Belarus Torpedo-BelAZ Zhodino Coeff. 4.650

Scotland Aberdeen Coeff. 4.580

Moldova Dacia Chișinău Coeff. 4.500

Slovenia Koper Coeff. 4.475

Republic of Ireland St Patrick's Athletic Coeff. 4.400

Israel Beitar Jerusalem Coeff. 4.200

Bosnia and Herzegovina Zrinjski Mostar Coeff. 4.000

Faroe Islands HB Coeff. 3.950

Montenegro Budućnost Podgorica Coeff. 3.875

Malta Birkirkara Coeff. 3.591

Slovenia Domžale Coeff. 3.475

Liechtenstein Vaduz Coeff. 3.450

Serbia Čukarički Coeff. 3.275

Slovenia Celje Coeff. 3.225

Hungary Ferencváros Coeff. 3.200

Estonia Nõmme Kalju Coeff. 3.200

Estonia Flora Tallinn Coeff. 3.200

Montenegro Sutjeska Nikšić Coeff. 3.125

Latvia Skonto Coeff. 3.100

Faroe Islands Víkingur Gøta Coeff. 2.950

Republic of Macedonia Renova Coeff. 2.925

Norway Odd Coeff. 2.875

Albania Kukësi Coeff. 2.825

Azerbaijan Gabala Coeff. 2.750

Republic of Macedonia Shkëndija Coeff. 2.675

Kazakhstan Kairat Coeff. 2.575

Kazakhstan Ordabasy Coeff. 2.575

Hungary MTK Budapest Coeff. 2.450

Armenia Shirak Coeff. 2.300

Montenegro Mladost Podgorica Coeff. 2.125

Albania Laçi Coeff. 2.075

Armenia Ulisses Coeff. 2.050

Moldova Saxan Coeff. 2.000

Northern Ireland Glentoran Coeff. 1.975

Finland VPS Coeff. 1.890

Georgia (country) Dinamo Batumi Coeff. 1.875

Georgia (country) Spartaki Tskhinvali Coeff. 1.875

Estonia Sillamäe Kalev Coeff. 1.700

Andorra Lusitanos Coeff. 1.666

Finland SJK Coeff. 1.640

Finland Lahti Coeff. 1.640

Iceland Víkingur Reykjavík Coeff. 1.600

Latvia Jelgava Coeff. 1.600

Bosnia and Herzegovina Olimpic Coeff. 1.500

Faroe Islands NSÍ Runavík Coeff. 1.450

Andorra Sant Julià Coeff. 1.416

Lithuania Atlantas Coeff. 1.400

Northern Ireland Glenavon Coeff. 1.225

Republic of Ireland Cork City Coeff. 1.150

Republic of Ireland UCD Coeff. 1.150

Lithuania Kruoja Pakruojis Coeff. 1.150

San Marino La Fiorita Coeff. 1.099

Wales Airbus UK Broughton Coeff. 1.075

Albania Partizani Tirana Coeff. 1.075

Luxembourg Progrès Niederkorn Coeff. 1.025

Lithuania Trakai Coeff. 0.900

Latvia Spartaks Jūrmala Coeff. 0.850

Malta Balzan Coeff. 0.841

Wales Bala Town Coeff. 0.825

San Marino Juvenes/Dogana Coeff. 0.599

Wales Newtown Coeff. 0.575

Armenia Alashkert Coeff. 0.550

Gibraltar College Europa Coeff. 0.300

Denmark Third or fourth-placed team of 2014–15 Danish Superliga

Poland Runners-up or third-placed team of 2014–15 Ekstraklasa

Poland Fourth-placed team of 2014–15 Ekstraklasa

Bulgaria Runners-up of 2014–15 A PFG

Bulgaria Third-placed team of 2014–15 A PFG

Hungary Fourth-placed team of 2014–15 Nemzeti Bajnokság I

There are some tasty teams in it. It might be the second tier competition but it's still tough and a trophy worth winning.

Am I the only one that suspects European clubs take it more seriously than English ones?

I suppose with the money on offer and the price of failure PL clubs know where their priorities lie.

Am I the only one that suspects European clubs take it more seriously than English ones?

I suppose with the money on offer and the price of failure PL clubs know where their priorities lie.

The money on offer for the winners of the Europa League is huge, as it gives you a place in the Champions League.

The TV deal for the Europa League has also gone up significantly for 2015/16 compared to previous seasons.

As already said above our coefficient score is 16.078. (Due to national ranking)

In the 3rd qualifying round currently there are 10 teams above us with a higher score. Add to this 3 teams that could come through the previous rounds with a higher coefficient and 5 other teams who are still to be decided we will at worst have the 19th best coefficient score.

In the 3rd qualifying round there are 58 teams, 29 ties. So yes..... We will be seeded in this round.

Should (When!) we get through the play off round will be up next and with losing teams coming in from the Champions League qualifiers I would expect us to be an unseeded team in this round.

As a seeded team, are we definitely away in the first leg? Has that been confirmed anywhere?

As a seeded team, are we definitely away in the first leg? Has that been confirmed anywhere?

We are Frantically trying to sort out a stag weekend, so would also like to know the answer.

Original plan was a trip to Rotterdam for the Feyenoorc friendly (24th July??), but a) not sure this friendly will go ahead??? And b) a European tour might be more attractive.

PS the lads from Veho are playing at SMS today and are going to ask the powers that be if there has been a change of plan re the Feyenoord game and will let you know if I hear anything.

Edited by um pahars

I get that it might impact league position, but I still don't get why everyone turns their nose up at this competition! It's another chance at a trophy fpr anyone in it, you get the fun and excitement of playing teams from other countries, and it means you can attract better players in theory too.

I'm well up for this!

Have just come across this piece, it was for the play off round last season but assume the 3rd qualifying round takes the same process.

From what I can work out, one seeded team and one unseeded team and drawn and placed into a separate bowl, and then are re-drawn to see who plays home/away. So seeded teams are not guaranteed to be at home second.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2130506.html

I get that it might impact league position, but I still don't get why everyone turns their nose up at this competition! It's another chance at a trophy fpr anyone in it, you get the fun and excitement of playing teams from other countries, and it means you can attract better players in theory too.

I'm well up for this!

I'm well up for it to. The only thing I dislike about it is the dumping of the CL rejects into the competition half way through I don't see why that should happen.

Have just come across this piece, it was for the play off round last season but assume the 3rd qualifying round takes the same process.

From what I can work out, one seeded team and one unseeded team and drawn and placed into a separate bowl, and then are re-drawn to see who plays home/away. So seeded teams are not guaranteed to be at home second.

Good spot and looking at last years results in the first leg, some seeded teams played at home first (PSV, Brugge, Dinamo Moscow, Elfsborg, Young Boys) whilst others away (Torino, Hull, Lyon).

So our trip abroad could be on 30 July or 6 August.

You do translation? You never mentioned that before.

What is your obsession with following Lou and Sue around and just being a bit unkind and trying to bully them? Do you have problems with women? Is it attention seeking? Are you trying to impress Turkish? And before you ask, the reason I follow you around is that you're a c*nt and need to be reminded of the fact on a regular basis. C*nt.

So realistically, where are we likely to be heading first?!?!??!

Realistically, I am going to say Limerick. I've put £20 on it.

What is your obsession with following Lou and Sue around and just being a bit unkind and trying to bully them? Do you have problems with women? Is it attention seeking? Are you trying to impress Turkish? And before you ask, the reason I follow you around is that you're a c*nt and need to be reminded of the fact on a regular basis. C*nt.

Realistically, I am going to say Limerick. I've put £20 on it.

How ironic that so many of your posts refer to me. Sad.

How ironic that so many of your posts refer to me. Sad.

No, what's sad is that you have so many posts on here and many of them show your need to join in with the big boys and bully people. You hide behind Turkish, looking at who he is going to bully next and then join in. You did it to saintandy and now you're doing it to sue and Lou. Like I say, you're a c*nt and that needs pointing out, just in case you forget.

F****g hell that's confusing! Would be really handy to know in advance.