Pre Season Tour

Saint Charlie

although the result matters little. we were terrible defensively in the 2nd half. just terrible.

outside of that

Soares, Juanmi both look like good players. hard to judge but they both played well when on the pitch. Juanmi looks v. quick also.

be nice when....

JWP

Fonte

Targett

Yoshida

Wanyama

Davis

Pelle

Tadic

Mane are in the mix

although the result matters little. we were terrible defensively in the 2nd half. just terrible.

outside of that

Soares, Juanmi both look like good players. hard to judge but they both played well when on the pitch. Juanmi looks v. quick also.

be nice when....

JWP

Fonte

Targett

Yashida

Wanyama

Pelle

Tadic

Mane are in the mix

Chances of us playing the under 21s back four in front of Kelvin in a real game are (hopefully) extremely small.

Chances of us playing the under 21s back four in front of Kelvin in a real game are (hopefully) extremely small.

I would expect bettwer organisation from the U21s really. as said, the result matters not just something that stood out like a sore thumb

To be fair, jrod has been pretty anonymous - two well-taken goals though.
That's what I thought, he hardly touched the ball. Good for him to get the run out though. And to be fair we hardly got on the ball and created much in the 2nd half, midfield were overrun.

Thought Juanmi and Soares both looked good, positive there.

That's what I thought, he hardly touched the ball. Good for him to get the run out though. And to be fair we hardly got on the ball and created much in the 2nd half, midfield were overrun.

Which is great news as I would expect them to be straight into the starting eleven. It's all about match fitness for Jrod so a decent run about with a couple of goals for confidence.

Gloriously mental second half, mainly thanks to us not being able to defend. Presumably we'll see more of the senior defenders on Saturday in Salzburg.

Some obvious positives, Juanmi, Rodriguez and Soares. With all these diminutive midfielders we've got, we need to go into every game with a bit of steel, really, as we got bullied at times there. There was also a noticeable difference in terms of the confidence to play a passing game in those conditions, RBL showed no difference in attitude than you would expect from them in good conditions, whereas we didn't look confident taking a touch in tight areas, instead resorting to going a bit too long.

Gloriously mental second half, mainly thanks to us not being able to defend. Presumably we'll see more of the senior defenders on Saturday in Salzburg.

Some obvious positives, Juanmi, Rodriguez and Soares. With all these diminutive midfielders we've got, we need to go into every game with a bit of steel, really, as we got bullied at times there. There was also a noticeable difference in terms of the confidence to play a passing game in those conditions, RBL showed no difference in attitude than you would expect from them in good conditions, whereas we didn't look confident taking a touch in tight areas, instead resorting to going a bit too long.

Interesting point re the size of the midfielders, especially as we may replace Morgan with Clasie who is also tiny.

With powderpuff JWP and Davis who is relatively lightweight it does make me wonder if Clasie might be a great player but maybe not at this moment for us and perhaps we need more of a physical presence to replace Morgan?

Which is great news as I would expect them to be straight into the starting eleven. It's all about match fitness for Jrod so a decent run about with a couple of goals for confidence.

Perhaps we need to ramp up the raw meat rations at the Academy refectory. Oh and stop cutting the crusts off of the sandwiches.

How is encouraging players to grow curly hair going to help matters?

Edited by trousers

To be fair, jrod has been pretty anonymous (as much due to our absent midfield). Two well-taken goals though.

He can be down the pub with a couple of pints smoking a pack of 20 if he gets 2 goals a game as far as I am concerned.

A useful exercise and learning experience, and a difficult first game against a team 2 weeks ahead of us in their preparation: we normally start off with pretty minor teams as our warm up games. The midfield did look lightweight in a physical sense although McQueen looks solid enough. Good to see J-Rod scoring, particularly the movement for the second. Defensively the lack of experience showed, and nobody really took control. Plenty of material for the video analysts..