Vitesse Build Up & Match Thread

fanimal

Just had my booking fee refunded by the club, they'd charged £1 for each seat that was uploaded to all the season tickets I'd booked on. Might be worth others checking their purchase history to see if the same has happened.

Interesting to see that Vitesse will be an "attacking side" - obviously they'll be young with all the loanees and sales, hopefully we can withstand any early onslaught from annoying teenage dribbling types. I wonder whether their Georgian captain centre back Kashir will be trying to get a move to St Mary's? :D

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150729-the-inside-track-vitesse-southampton-2580018.aspx

I read in the Dutch Telegraaf (http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/vitesse/24322143/__Tieners_Vitesse_in_Engeland__.html) that Vitesse is going to play with a team that couldn't look any younger than this except for captain Guram Kashia who says he always liked to play against Pelle in the Eredivisie. The new Chelsea loans Nathan Allan de Souza, Danila Pantic and Isiah Brown should be familiar to Southampton fans as they were part of the youth academy from the Saints.

You give 99% of our fanbase too much credit. I for one have never even heard of them. I'm sure one or two might have.

No beer on sale at the ground tonight - Europa League rules apparently!?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150730-matchday-guide-southampton-vitesse-uefa-europa-league-2581336.aspx

I've never understood the logic of this. Doesn't it simply encourage people to get more tanked up outside of the stadium?

Carlsberg don't do object defeating, but if they did....

Few Dutch fans in town already with their half and half scarves!

Yup. I'm told that Yates was packed from pretty much the moment it opened. Great support! Should be a buzz about the city tonight.

Dutch Feyenoordfan here. Reading alot on this forum, since Koeman and Pelle joined you guys. And now Clasie tot Saints as well, which means I'm really starting to grow alot of sympathy for Southampton.

I bought tickets for the match next week in Arnhem. Looking forward to that game!

Since I'm here, I thought I could tell you something about Vitesse. As I expect only a few of you follow the Dutch League. ;)

Vitesse was really strong, last season. For example: they crushed us in our own stadium, winning 1-4 and stealing our position in the EL. They impressed me alot that game, probably playing the best football of the league. But the Vitesse squad you will be facing tonight is totally different than the one from lost season. Almost all their best players left the club; Vejinovic and Van der Heijden (Feyenoord), Labyad (back to Sporting), Traore (back to Chelsea), McEachran (Brentford), Propper (PSV Eindhoven). Those players will be replaced with another bunch of loanplayers from Chelsea; Isaiah Brown, Lewis Baker, Danilo Pantic and Nathan. The first three will probably play tonight. Nathan isn't ready yet. Don't know much about these players. You've probably seen more of them than I have. What I do know is that they need time to adapt.

You played Groningen and Feyenoord last week. To compare them to Vitesse, I'd say Feyenoord is slightly better and Groningen is slightly worse. So yeah, I fancy your chances. They lack quality in their defensive line. Put pressure on them from the start and you'll probably have an easy night. Don't let them in the game, because they have the ability to play a good passing game and create chances.

Hope you don't crush them to much. Want to see a good match, next week. :D

You give 99% of our fanbase too much credit. I for one have never even heard of them. I'm sure one or two might have.

Not heard of Pantic, but Nathan is a new Chelsea signing sent to Vitesse in order to strengthen his work permit eligibility. Heard of Brown, he's the one Chelsea pinched from West Brom's academy, they gave him a game at the Hawthorns where he got a volley of abuse from the locals :lol:

Dutch Feyenoordfan here. Reading alot on this forum, since Koeman and Pelle joined you guys. And now Clasie tot Saints as well, which means I'm really starting to grow alot of sympathy for Southampton.

I bought tickets for the match next week in Arnhem. Looking forward to that game!

Since I'm here, I thought I could tell you something about Vitesse. As I expect only a few of you follow the Dutch League. ;)

Vitesse was really strong, last season. For example: they crushed us in our own stadium, winning 1-4 and stealing our position in the EL. They impressed me alot that game, probably playing the best football of the league. But the Vitesse squad you will be facing tonight is totally different than the one from lost season. Almost all their best players left the club; Vejinovic and Van der Heijden (Feyenoord), Labyad (back to Sporting), Traore (back to Chelsea), McEachran (Brentford), Propper (PSV Eindhoven). Those players will be replaced with another bunch of loanplayers from Chelsea; Isaiah Brown, Lewis Baker, Danilo Pantic and Nathan. The first three will probably play tonight. Nathan isn't ready yet. Don't know much about these players. You've probably seen more of them than I have. What I do know is that they need time to adapt.

You played Groningen and Feyenoord last week. To compare them to Vitesse, I'd say Feyenoord is slightly better and Groningen is slightly worse. So yeah, I fancy your chances. They lack quality in their defensive line. Put pressure on them from the start and you'll probably have an easy night. Don't let them in the game, because they have the ability to play a good passing game and create chances.

Welcome and thanks for the insight. I like the fact that when we buy a Feyenoord player the fans like Southampton and follow us but when Liverpool buys our players we hate them! :lol:

I hope you enjoy the game next week.

Geez, as everything in the UK does come across the channel it will be a matter of time then before I'm getting drilled when I enter a Dutch stadium...

I read in the Dutch Telegraaf (http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/vitesse/24322143/__Tieners_Vitesse_in_Engeland__.html) that Vitesse is going to play with a team that couldn't look any younger than this except for captain Guram Kashia who says he always liked to play against Pelle in the Eredivisie. The new Chelsea loans Nathan Allan de Souza, Danila Pantic and Isiah Brown should be familiar to Southampton fans as they were part of the youth academy from the Saints.

Vitesse's coach Peter Bosz is a bit bluffing:"I never lost playing against a British club in my career as a player with Feyenoord and we did win our preseason game against Manchester City with 4-2..." But he knows better and he's happy that his team gets the chance to play two great matches against Southampton in order to learn.

You Europeans are so liberated :blush:

Welcome and thanks for the insight. I like the fact that when we buy a Feyenoord player the fans like Southampton and follow us but when Liverpool buys our players we hate them! :lol:

Because they're in the same league as us. If we lost players to a better team in a different league, such as JRod to Barcelona then the vast majority would wish him well.

I've never heard any abuse for Bale, Theo or The Ox when they return. Just applause. But now we're in the same league as Arsenal if they buy any of our players we'll heckle them (like we did with Chambers). It's the way it works for some reason.

Anyway, I'm stupidly excited for this game. Get the feeling it's going to be a great atmosphere, especially if we start well.

Welcome. Thanks for that insight.

The old girl has just been in town and said the away fans have created a nice buzz about town,its refreshing to hear that at the end of the day its only football and thats what they are hear for,no rampaging lunatics causing fights and ****ing in shop doorways,just friendly banter....no doubt there will be Saints fans rampaging/****ing next week in Holland :lol:

I hope you enjoy the game next week.

Thanks!

Well, the ones you bought from us really deserved a transfer, after everything they have done for our club. Oh and that counts for Koeman as well. And after that we found out what a nice club Southampton is. I love the fans, the stadium looks awesome and you play very attractive football. So yeah, that helps. And apart from that, we know English clubs pay a hell of a lot more salary than we do in the Netherlands. So no hard feelings really. Quite the opposite I'd say. Me and my mates are talking about visiting St. Mary's this season. Think that would be an awesome experience!

Anyways, match is coming up in a couple of hours now. I'm starting to get really excited! COYR!

The atmosphere in town is cracking, just passed through and it's going to be one hell of a game if their singing voices hold out. Clearly been drinking all day but all good natured, mixing with saints and the rest of the public without any visible issues. Game on!

Nicest atmosphere I've known at home before a game. As a lone Saints fan in a shirt, been photographed with many Vitesse fans, including very friendly young female fan, which, for someone of my age, was a very pleasant experience ? Have fixed a meeting bar for next week. ?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk