Injury Watch

Roger

Claud's update on JRod and Boufal is good in two ways; positive on both likely to be available for Burnley game immediately after the international break; and that he seems to be more willing to give updates on injured players than has been the case in the past.

Both of them badly needed as it will be back to games every 3/4 days after the break so would also be good to see Gardos get his first run out in a reserve fixture. With those three in contention the squad looks very strong on paper. Then comes the hard bit, delivering the performances, but as fans we tend to worry until the final whistle.

Boufal & J-Rod coming back gives us some real options when it comes to rotation as well.

Boufal, Rodriguez & Gardos can all be seen in training today.

Today was first time Boufal has been in full training...

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-10-06/video-sofiane-boufal-first-full-training-session-southampton

Possibly Isgrove too? Or has he been fit all this time?

Claude's rotational options just got a little bit stronger.

Well that's more than annoying. Last thing we wanted was Bertrand, a vital cog in our six in a row clean sheet defense, getting injured for that shambles that is known as England.

Really do hate internationals, just lost every ounce of passion for them.. don't even know who we are playing today.

Here is hoping it looked worse than it was and he is in-fact miraculously somehow fit for Burnley! :D

He could be fine again in a couple of days.

In fact, it might do us a favour having him with his feet up at home and not out in Slovenia.

Wishful thinking sadly, it looked nasty and is probably the last we'll see of him for a few weeks. The way he pulled up was not good and the look on his face told you all you needed to know. Bugger me that's four full backs crocked and the season's only just getting under way. So we are down to any two from Martina and McQueen! Imagine them playing three games a week with two long trips away as well.

... and what a bore-fest that was. At least England make Saints look impressive.

Yoshida or Sam McQueen at left back for Burnley? Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing ....Don't know if Targett is 100% yet, but although Burnley is always a tough game, maybe Puel will give McQueen a chance to start?

Yoshida?....well he has had the no.3 shirt for a couple of seasons, and (as I recall) DAJFU whenever he played LB.

Unfortunately, Maya hardly got a look in whilst Clyne and Bertrand were (rightly) first choices, and whenever he played "emergency RB " things often went pear-shaped.

I think he is a better CB than a full back, (but he might not get past Fonte or VvD in their current form, although he has played CB in 3 of the recent 6 clean sheets.)

Jesus...everyone raves about our six clean sheets despite loads of squad rotation, then suddenly a player is injured and it's meltdown time....Targett is more than worthy cover.

I think we were only discussing " the possibility" that Matt Targett might not have recovered 100% from his recent injury.... otherwise he is the obvious choice.

He seemed to walk off reasonably ok, assume it's a minor injury and could still be back for Burnley.

not too woried about the Burnley game. A LB will not be the difference between these teams.

What is more worrying is Internazionale away. We need a fully functioning backline at the SanSiro!