Injury Watch

Roger

FFS, surely we are done with knee injuries now?

You seem to be overlooking the fact that football clubs are so careful with the science and physical tracking that the only way players get injured now are from direct contact injuries or high-speed twists. So there's not much left to be out as a result of apart from joint injuries.

Purely to f*ck you off. You moaning ****.

So my touchy friend if someone is concerned that the club has spent a lot of money on someone who has a serious injury they are as you put it so eloquently a' moaning ****' .

As I have said before when I'm in the ground the team has my 100% support, on here I like to say what concerns me when the club does something questionable to debate with others.

We have lost two very good managers and numerous talented players in a couple seasons, this season is going to be very difficult one for us.

Not sure about this manager but its early days so we have to give him time. The New Players need time as well, but to leave it so late to spend the majority of your transfer budget on an injured player makes little sense to me.

The strength in depth of the squad is not good enough too, these things concern this moaning **** but I will be there and I wont show my frustration ,I'll save that just for you.

5 weeks can have an impact in the Premiership, wait and see where we are when he's fit.

It would be foolish to stop a transfer just because a player will miss August & September. He is on a contract until 2021. Take a step back from the tree and look at the wood as the club have done.

p.s. it hasn't been the Premiership since 2007

It would be foolish to stop a transfer just because a player will miss August & September. He is on a contract until 2021. Take a step back from the tree and look at the wood as the club have done.

p.s. it hasn't been the Premiership since 2007

None of the many crocks we have signed over many years ever came good,,,,,,,,

:lol:

well , it was a funny quip...... but the seriousness (or otherwise) of the injury situation may loom large if we're not careful.

Not many people speak about Gardos, but he is still on the books....and with only a few minutes under his belt Jay Rod took a knock in the Sparta game (according to Puel)

Tadic's " sunburnt knee " may be a problem we don't know the extent of (as yet), so we better hope that Charlie stays fit .....and Shane Long can find some form QUICK, whilst we are waiting for " Thierry " Redmond to find his scoring touch....

..as long as we are winning (that's a nice expression - isn't it).......it's OK..... but we don't want to be reliant on one striker - AGAIN!

Edited by david in sweden

well , it was a funny quip...... but the seriousness (or otherwise) of the injury situation may loom large if we're not careful.

Not many people speak about Gardos, but he is still on the books....and with only a few minutes under his belt Jay Rod took a knock in the Sparta game (according to Puel)

Tadic's " sunburnt knee " may be a problem we don't know the extent of (as yet), so we better hope that Charlie stays fit .....and Shane Long can find some form QUICK, whilst we are waiting for " Thierry " Redmond to find his scoring touch....

..as long as we are winning (that's a nice expression - isn't it).......it's OK..... but we don't want to be reliant on one striker - AGAIN!

The comment just amused me David. I certainly wasn't making light of our potential predicament. The best laid plans can be turned on their heads by strikers inexplicably losing 'form' and we really don't need Tadic injured on top of that.

Austin's looking like he's hitting a bit of form and we have to hope that Long, JRod or Redmond are only a confidence boosting goal or two away from finding theirs, we know they're quite capable. Plus we've still got Boufal to look forward to, so I'm not panicking just yet.

Edit ...... fingers and toes crossed that Boufal hits the ground running tho' !! :?

Edited by New Forest Steve

The comment just amused me David. I certainly wasn't making light of our potential predicament. The best laid plans can be turned on their heads by strikers inexplicably losing 'form' and we really don't need Tadic injured on top of that.

Austin's looking like he's hitting a bit of form and we have to hope that Long, JRod or Redmond are only a confidence boosting goal or two away from finding theirs, we know they're quite capable. Plus we've still got Boufal to look forward to, so I'm not panicking just yet.

Edit ...... fingers and toes crossed that Boufal hits the ground running tho' !! :?

But not too hard I hope.

And Charlie (and others), when you score, do us a favour and don't slide 50 feet on your knees, please. A simple fist pump along with smooches from your teammates will suffice.

But not too hard I hope.

And Charlie (and others), when you score, do us a favour and don't slide 50 feet on your knees, please. A simple fist pump along with smooches from your teammates will suffice.

This .... exciting stuff scoring a goal but come on, a bit of common sense. Didn't Fergie used to fine them for risky goal celebrations ?

......and doesn't injure himself in so doing ......:scared:

But not too hard I hope.

And Charlie (and others), when you score, do us a favour and don't slide 50 feet on your knees, please.

A simple fist pump along with smooches from your teammates will suffice.

I agree totally. I have often asked myself if that was so good for the knee ligaments ? ..(as if we didn't have enough injury problems already).

and while they're at it ....scoring a goal is great but having half-a-dozen people jump on top of you in celebration is a likely cause of injuries , too.

I recall an FA Cup Final 30-40 years ago(?)... when Ipswich beat Arsenal (not sure) ....but the Ipswich goalscorer was buried under a pile of joyful teammates after scoring the winning goal, and was so badly injured - that he never played again. Daft I call it.

What happened to the days when a pat of the back, a ruffle of the hair .....or a " good shot fella "....was celebration enough?

I remember some fans thought that Mick Channon's "windmilling arm " celebration was " a bit over the top " .....at the time.

Edited by david in sweden

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160923-claude-puel-injuries-pre-southampton-west-ham-united-3323938.aspx

"Rodriguez has a groin injury, but I think we will see him after the international break.

"It's not a big injury, but it's important to keep all the squad with good health and I hope he can come back after the international period."

On Boufal, Puel added: "Sofiane is making very good progress, and I think perhaps he will come back in the training sessions with the group and the squad in the international period.

"He is working very well, with intensity and without problem, and this is good news."

Claud's update on JRod and Boufal is good in two ways; positive on both likely to be available for Burnley game immediately after the international break; and that he seems to be more willing to give updates on injured players than has been the case in the past.

Both of them badly needed as it will be back to games every 3/4 days after the break so would also be good to see Gardos get his first run out in a reserve fixture. With those three in contention the squad looks very strong on paper. Then comes the hard bit, delivering the performances, but as fans we tend to worry until the final whistle.

• 2 weeks later...