Injury Watch

Roger

my 13yo son had a similar injury from falling off a high fence, about a month ago, and he's been told not to do any sport for 6-8 weeks. So at least Rickie will maybe get Christmas at home with his family.... Still not a nice one to look at... it felt like my ******** were in my mouth.

According to this, Targett, Bertrand and Cedric should be back on Sunday. Don't know how accurate it is...

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php#c4

Be nice to get some full backs back, however admirably Cuco and Sam have filled in.

Bertrand has been training all week so he should be back, not sure about Cedric and Targett though

Any concern in the fact that Bertrand, Targett, Long & McCarthy have all had hamstring injuries this season?

I think that low volumes of injuries of this type are usually heralded as being preventable due to excellent injury prevention work and the sports science, S&C departments etc versus impact injuries which are less controllable.

Some of those listed haven't even played a large no of minutes this season, so can't be due to fatigue. I imagine they will be all over it, but definitely seems an increase versus other years.

Any concern in the fact that Bertrand, Targett, Long & McCarthy have all had hamstring injuries this season?

I think that low volumes of injuries of this type are usually heralded as being preventable due to excellent injury prevention work and the sports science, S&C departments etc versus impact injuries which are less controllable.

Some of those listed haven't even played a large no of minutes this season, so can't be due to fatigue. I imagine they will be all over it, but definitely seems an increase versus other years.

I said it before, it would be nice to find out what Leicester are doing in this regard. Either they are very lucky, or they are doing something different that we should try to emulate.

Harrison Reed on the list now. Stretchered off - hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Rahdi said in post match interview on OS that he hoped it would not be long before he was back. He did not say what the injury was.

Worth noting that Long and Bertrand's hamstring strains were picked up on international duty.

As was Targett's initial injury, so i'll be glad if we can act like a big club and get a few players to drop out of their international squads. From our current list of injured players it looks like Cedric, Long and Targett will still be injured when players go off on international duty so can use the two week break getting back to full fitness ready for our crazy schedule of games between November 19th - December 18th .

Fraser Forster has pulled out of England training with a 'slight injury' Half of me says this might be a chance to play with Alex McCarthy in goal in the hope that he can actually makes saves.....then the other half of me reminds me how much the whole teams confidence/performance improved when Fraser returned from injury last season....Get well soon Fraser!

Fraser Forster has pulled out of England training with a 'slight injury' Half of me says this might be a chance to play with Alex McCarthy in goal in the hope that he can actually makes saves.....then the other half of me reminds me how much the whole teams confidence/performance improved when Fraser returned from injury last season....Get well soon Fraser!

McCarthy is injured so Forster and Saints are likely just playing it safe.

I find it incredible how people can criticize Forster????
Do you think he is anything close to how he performed last season? arguably we have a stronger defence this season but all too often when that backline is breached we are not getting the shot stops that we were used to last season, I'm not using him as a scapegoat as ALWAYS SFC has suggested, Just making an observation....appears I'm not alone in this thinking either. For the record I like Fraser Forster he is a very good goalkeeper, but right now I don't think we are seeing the best of him...When he came back from injury last season he was immense and IMO was very much a part of why or fortunes changed and led us to a 6th placed finish.

Ryan Bertrand has missed England’s training session on Monday afternoon and is now a doubt for Southampton’s match against Liverpool on Saturday.

Bertrand seems to be coming aprt at the seams: one injury after another.

agreed he's not had the best run of it, lots of small injuries and he didn't really have a pre-season at all (same as last season). We are lucky that McQueen has stepped up this season and has been superb as Targett has also had an injury jinx.

I know Alex McCarthy is out for a couple more weeks so hopefully Forster is fit for the weekend, any more news on Long? He'll need time to get back to full fitness, along with Cedric.