Luke Shaw suffers double leg fracture against PSV

Singapore Saint

Dodged a bullet with Luke and got paid 27million for doing so, though would struggle to see us get a return on any appearance add-ons.

Think he is a truly fantastic player but very, very injury prone, he used to miss games for us with a cold! It's funny how some players are just so sucepitable to injuries..

Dodged a bullet with Luke and got paid 27million for doing so, though would struggle to see us get a return on any appearance add-ons.

Think he is a truly fantastic player but very, very injury prone, he used to miss games for us with a cold! It's funny how some players are just so sucepitable to injuries..

This is hardly in the same bracket of him being susceptible to injuries. Any players leg will break if the force and angle of impact are the same. His horrible and unfortunate leg break is really nothing to do with him getting colds or picking up injuries. That's more to do with him being a still developing teenager who wasn't making all the right choices.

I trust there are not so many Saints fans left ....who still blame Luke for his move to MU......the lad has the talent and United paid our asking price....

However, after watching him in the Saints ranks for 10 years, it seems, that Luke still has an affinity with Saints...and the club with him.

" Black sheep, white sheep" ..it's still " family ".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

Nasty injury, I hope he makes a full recovery and gets back to his best.

He was great for us, we got very good money and he left to further his career on a bigger stage.

Sad to see him on a stretcher.

But in the cold light of day, an opportunity for Bertrand with England?

Just doesn't seem to have gone well for the players that have left us supposedly for better things over the last couple of years has it? I sympathise, but then again he went there knowing he might not get picked, he might get injured, but whatever happens he'll get rich.

Certainly not going well for Morgan. Subs bench last 2 games, and a 55 year old Carrick in the side in front of him.

So sorry for Luke. Terrible injury however he will receive the very best treatment so hopefully makes a full recovery. His confidence will be the biggest factor I suspect.

From the reaction of our players and club it highlights what a tight group they were. This sort of thing really does show we had such a tight group that could of achieved great things.

I'm still gutted we never got to have our own Class of '92!*

*I'm not suggesting the team we had built would of achieved anywhere near what that United team did but it's the closest we've ever been to a team of largely our own players (in my lifetime)

Very sorry for Luke - hope he gets back to full fitness in time and is able to resume his career.

SFC have one again shown their class with their timely expressions of sympathy and best wishes, as have individuals like Jose and Jay Rod.

Proud of my club once again.

As to whether Luke`s injury will affect the money we got for him, at times like this there are more important things to be concerned with.

Very sorry for Luke - hope he gets back to full fitness in time and is able to resume his career.

SFC have one again shown their class with their timely expressions of sympathy and best wishes, as have individuals like Jose and Jay Rod.

Proud of my club once again.

As to whether Luke`s injury will affect the money we got for him, at times like this there are more important things to be concerned with.

My sentiments entirely...

Hope he comes back to full fitness as soon as possible..

This is hardly in the same bracket of him being susceptible to injuries. Any players leg will break if the force and angle of impact are the same. His horrible and unfortunate leg break is really nothing to do with him getting colds or picking up injuries. That's more to do with him being a still developing teenager who wasn't making all the right choices.

but it was him, which is my point.

Feel for the lad obviously, nobody deserves that. But, I don't recall too many tweets of support from Man Utd fans when J-Rod suffered his knee injury, which could easily have been career ending, or when Fraser Forster got hurt so bad he's out for a year. People only seem to care when it's a visible break. They think it's so much more serious.

Feel for the lad obviously, nobody deserves that. But, I don't recall too many tweets of support from Man Utd fans when J-Rod suffered his knee injury, which could easily have been career ending, or when Fraser Forster got hurt so bad he's out for a year. People only seem to care when it's a visible break. They think it's so much more serious.
but those players never played at Utd and so why should they.

Luke obviously has great affection for our club by his tweet, and he is a decent lad.

I hope he recovers quickly and his promise comes to fruition. That would be good for my Country of birth as well.

Get well soon Luke,

but those players never played at Utd and so why should they.

Luke obviously has great affection for our club by his tweet, and he is a decent lad.

I hope he recovers quickly and his promise comes to fruition. That would be good for my Country of birth as well.

Get well soon Luke,

I think you missed my point. It's not only us Saints fans who've tweeted support for Luke Shaw, but fans of Arsenal, Man City, Aston Villa ... everyone. There's rarely such outpouring of sympathy for players who suffer less obvious, but no less serious injuries, such as J-Rod. I was commenting on the peculiarities and contradictions of human nature. Because we can see Luke's leg hanging awkwardly, we assume it's so much more painful than the invisible internal tear of a ligament or cartilage, hence less concern for J-Rod's welfare from outside the club.

Certainly not going well for Morgan. Subs bench last 2 games, and a 55 year old Carrick in the side in front of him.

And ever present apart from that. They rotated him out against Liverpool for tactical reasons best left to Van Gaal to explain, and he probably didn't play yesterday because he's definitely playing against us.

Man U's three top-notch central midfielders with similar roles are going to sit a few out, they all have plus and minuses to utilise.

I think you missed my point. It's not only us Saints fans who've tweeted support for Luke Shaw, but fans of Arsenal, Man City, Aston Villa ... everyone. There's rarely such outpouring of sympathy for players who suffer less obvious, but no less serious injuries, such as J-Rod. I was commenting on the peculiarities and contradictions of human nature. Because we can see Luke's leg hanging awkwardly, we assume it's so much more painful than the invisible internal tear of a ligament or cartilage, hence less concern for J-Rod's welfare from outside the club.

I don't think its really anything to do with how people view the seriousness of the injury. Its more to do with the wider variety of people who would have been watching a Champions League match live (whether we like it or not, many people who are supporters of other clubs will watch CL matches, and of course there are many more neutrals watching). How many people would have been watching when Forster was injured (Saints v Burnley), it wasn't even obvious at the ground that anything serious had happened (unless you were behind the goal). Same with JRod to a lesser extent, I'm sure more people would have been watching as it was against Man City and if I recall was live on Sky (not certain about that). The reports so far only mention it being a double fracture, no mention of it being compound, but if it was compound (that's when the bone pierces the skin for anyone not aware) it is potentially far more serious, due to the risk of infection. I really don't think anyone should be reading too much into the reaction in terms of human nature, there are far more relevant reasons for this reaction.

Wish the lad well and hope he fully recovers.

Am I the only one that thinks it's a shame for him but other than that isn't really interested in it?

The fact I don't watch CL and haven't bothered to actually watch it (I get the idea) might have something to do with this.

Also, LOL at the person saying an impact injury which breaks two bones is due to being "injury prone".

A nasty potential career-changing injury, echoes of the David Busst break against United, but nice touch by Saints and the player

Not sure that this and the Busst injury are in the same league, but that takes nothing away from this horrific injury.

Get well soon, Luke.

Am I the only one that thinks it's a shame for him but other than that isn't really interested in it?

The fact I don't watch CL and haven't bothered to actually watch it (I get the idea) might have something to do with this.

Also, LOL at the person saying an impact injury which breaks two bones is due to being "injury prone".

and LOL at someone who doesnt understand the point.

This forum makes me laugh.

Surely your point was that he is injury prone?

Yea it was, and he is, is he not?

The 9's point was his injury isnt because he's injury prone. I know that, he has that injury because someone ploughed into him, but it was Luke Shaw.

Regardless of the injuries, unconnected of course, its always Luke Shaw, like Dyer, like Wiltshire, like Walcott too maybe, its strange how some players are always the one that cop it. I bet if Luke had stayed at Southampton, he'd be injured now.

Yea it was, and he is, is he not?

The 9's point was his injury isnt because he's injury prone. I know that, he has that injury because someone ploughed into him, but it was Luke Shaw.

I see. He is injury prone, but his current injury is not due to him being injury prone.

Intriguing.

Regardless of the injuries, unconnected of course, its always Luke Shaw, like Dyer, like Wiltshire, like Walcott too maybe, its strange how some players are always the one that cop it.

Something to do with players that tend to run at defenders and who more often than some others have to be stopped by fair means or foul. It may happen more to younger players due to a relative lack of experience.

Something to do with players that tend to run at defenders and who more often than some others have to be stopped by fair means or foul. It may happen more to younger players due to a relative lack of experience.

Just bad luck I reckon. Ryan Giggs never had major injury issues

we all know people that were born lucky and then there are some are not.

Just bad luck I reckon. Ryan Giggs never had major injury issues

Maybe not a broken leg type injury but 94-95 and 98-99 he missed lots of games trough injury and was plagued by hamstring injuries in the early part of his career. His experience in the latter part of his career probably helped to avoid some of the leg breaker tackles, that and his exceptional pace which left most defenders for dead.