Tottenham build up thread ...a question posed

Yorkshire Saint

Not a lot of remorse there then. Seems to be an acceptable response to the PL so far.

TBF they're still waiting for the ref's 'report' (LOL!), Clattenberg's probably a jibbering wreck somewhere having locked himself in his room and refusing to come out. Rather puts me in the mind of John Major when we exited the ERM, I don't think we'll be seeing him again this season.

Has the fixture list dealt us a bonus ball playing Spurs just after their title hopes have been crushed? TBH I'm not convinced, I think they'll be out for blood plus they will want to secure a higher position than Arsenal.

However we still harbour a slim hope of European football, our tails are up, we are scoring goals and we've got some recent history with Spuds that would make a good result up there taste pretty sweet.

This one has all the ingredients to be a great match but IMO a draw at best for us though.

TBF they're still waiting for the ref's 'report' (LOL!), Clattenberg's probably a jibbering wreck somewhere having locked himself in his room and refusing to come out. Rather puts me in the mind of John Major when we exited the ERM, I don't think we'll be seeing him again this season.

The preening, celebrity ref who sent Wanyama off because he wanted to show he can make the tough calls; yet s**t himself when the stakes actually mattered. The worst kind of coward in my book.

I also just did the same :lol:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/final-home-game-of-the-season-vs-southampton-08-may-1330ko.17775/page-1

really hope we smash them- all of them taking our game vs them as a given win, the twa*s.

:lol: To be fair to one of the guys on the Spurs forum, his expected lineup did make me literally lol...

----------Mcgregor-----------

Khan ------ jones ----- fury ---- frampton

undertaker ------- cena

Pac-man ----------- degale

AJ --------- golovkin

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/final-home-game-of-the-season-vs-southampton-08-may-1330ko.17775/

he's FA cup final ref !

Except he's got the FA Cup Final, so...

Except he's got the FA Cup Final, so...

Surely not beyond the realms that he will be asked to stand down though; does he have a game this weekend? Would suggest he will have zero credibility with the players if he refs this weekend. While clearly he won't be suspended in any formal sense (unfortunately) it is entirely likely that he could be rested until the dust settles.

I am certainly not his greatest fan, and he has certainly sent people off for less than a lot of the tackles that went on at the end of that game, and as a result he has ruined matches.

With the exception of the Dyer second yellow card, I think he did OK on the night. I would rather see the game finish 11 v 11 unless there is a decent reason. The gouging and the stamping are going to be dealt with by the FA hopefully, and the tension contributed to a hugely entertains second half. It was only in the last 10 minutes that Spuds decided to kick anything that moved. At least we are talking about an exciting match not a ruined one.

Looks like just Dembele to miss out game suspended (plus Alli).

Lamela lucky to have no action taken, whilst Dier ludicrously lucky not to get a second yellow but obviously that doesn't come into the scope for retrospective action.

And you just know Dier would have been sent off had Chelsea not broken and Clattenberg not played the advantage. Extremely lucky and obviously terrible refereeing.

Can't say I blame them for being p!ssed off. Too much rested on a London derby involving one of the dirtiest players in the league. It was very obvious from the start that Chelsea were going to make the most of the opportunity to deny the title to Spurs although I don't think some of the Spurs players helped themselves much.

Poch will be spending this week picking a lot of those players up and getting them motivated again and they still need a result against us to secure second so I'm thinking this is going to be quite a match. Having said that, if Koeman goes with the same team as against City I think we may cause them too many problems in defence and get a win out of this.

No he says its a disgrace, do you agree?

Or is it your liking of other clubs coming to the fore again?

Of course it was poor that Dier didn't get a second yellow or Lamela wasn't retrospectively banned but I was asking what "remorse" Pochettino was expected to show?

All he will care about is that they didn't win the game.

Been a very long time since my last trip to WHL, what pubs does anyone recommend? Will have an under 18 with me so family friendly would be good but bearing in my north london is an utter **** hole i may be asking too much

Spurs have got away with that somewhat but no Alli and no Dembele is a blow to them.

I'm not sure Spurs will get off lightly. The FA are talking tough and there could be much more than the usual fine. Cam points be deducted?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure Spurs will get off lightly. The FA are talking tough and there could be much more than the usual fine. Cam points be deducted?

They're obviously not going to get a points deduction. They have got off lightly.

Been a very long time since my last trip to WHL, what pubs does anyone recommend? Will have an under 18 with me so family friendly would be good but bearing in my north london is an utter **** hole i may be asking too much

North London is arguably one of the nicest parts of London, and in places like crouch end, Highbury, Stoke newington, Clapton pond and even parts of Manor House and Tottenham itself you have some of the most desirable parts of London to live.

Depending on how close you want to be you have a myriad of choices, for family friendly there's a market on Tottenham green on a Sunday that does street food and craft beer, or you could drink in Stoke newington and get the overground to white hart lane, taking in some of the best pubs in London.

Failing that there's a camara endorsed pub on harringay green lanes called the Salisbury that is a bus ride from whl and has been used for films due to its Victorian interior.

There's also the Finsbury overlooking Finsbury Park near Manor House tube that has a big front garden and is a short hop to south Tottenham on the overground (about a 45 min walk or 13min bus ride from whl).

Seven sisters lacks pubs but there's also the Antwerp near to Tottenham itself. Or if you want more quaint there's the ferry boat, over looking the ley valley reservoirs with a massive beer garden and decent food, which only a 20min walk to whl.

North London is arguably one of the nicest parts of London, and in places like crouch end, Highbury, Stoke newington, Clapton pond and even parts of Manor House and Tottenham itself you have some of the most desirable parts of London to live.

Depending on how close you want to be you have a myriad of choices, for family friendly there's a market on Tottenham green on a Sunday that does street food and craft beer, or you could drink in Stoke newington and get the overground to white hart lane, taking in some of the best pubs in London.

Failing that there's a camara endorsed pub on harringay green lanes called the Salisbury that is a bus ride from whl and has been used for films due to its Victorian interior.

There's also the Finsbury overlooking Finsbury Park near Manor House tube that has a big front garden and is a short hop to south Tottenham on the overground (about a 45 min walk or 13min bus ride from whl).

Seven sisters lacks pubs but there's also the Antwerp near to Tottenham itself. Or if you want more quaint there's the ferry boat, over looking the ley valley reservoirs with a massive beer garden and decent food, which only a 20min walk to whl.

Sounds pretty good. If I was back home, I'd have to set off about 9 o clock Saturday Morning to try and fit all of those in by KO on Sunday Lunchtime!!

Sounds pretty good. If I was back home, I'd have to set off about 9 o clock Saturday Morning to try and fit all of those in by KO on Sunday Lunchtime!!

I've lived in North London for going on 10 years now and love the area to be honest. It always makes me laugh when i hear the Saints fans singing it's a ****hole when it's pretty much the opposite. Obviously there's still sketchy areas, it's London there is everywhere, but it's got some cracking pubs.

Also on the cracking north london pubs list - though more of an Arsenal away pub - is the Southampton Arms in Kentish town, great pub that is, only down side is it's cash only!

I've lived in North London for going on 10 years now and love the area to be honest. It always makes me laugh when i hear the Saints fans singing it's a ****hole when it's pretty much the opposite. Obviously there's still sketchy areas, it's London there is everywhere, but it's got some cracking pubs.

Also on the cracking north london pubs list - though more of an Arsenal away pub - is the Southampton Arms in Kentish town, great pub that is, only down side is it's cash only!

To be fair, seven sisters/silver street is bit of a s**th*le.

Edited by shurlock

Surely not beyond the realms that he will be asked to stand down though; does he have a game this weekend? Would suggest he will have zero credibility with the players if he refs this weekend. While clearly he won't be suspended in any formal sense (unfortunately) it is entirely likely that he could be rested until the dust settles.

Complete horsesheet. IMO.

He's got the Bournemouth/WBA bloodbath on Saturday.

We have the "genial" Jonathan Moss who has reffed us 3 times this season and we have 3 wins and no goals against. Norwich, Arsenal home and Swansea away.

One of your company's old clients, Rapha, is in Kentish Town and that was my pub of choice post account management meeting :)

The majority of Tottenham is a s**thole.

Thanks for your lengthy reply, much appreciated. Apologies for my reference to north london being a dump, it was somewhat tongue in cheek!

Really? I was born within kicking distance of WHL and my sister used to have a newspaper shop in Harringay. It must have improved a hell of a lot since then if you're that impressed.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

Tottenham is a dump, though it's set for major regeneration, much of it around Northumberland Park and the new football ground. In previous seasons many Saints fans have congregated in this wetherspoons on one corner of the mezzanine level of Liverpool St station. Alternatively there are numerous pubs around Liverpool St. Then a short train journey up to WHL overground station which is much closer to the ground than Seven Sisters Rd tube.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/london/hamilton-hall-city-of-london

Tottenham is a dump, though it's set for major regeneration, much of it around Northumberland Park and the new football ground. In previous seasons many Saints fans have congregated in this wetherspoons on one corner of the mezzanine level of Liverpool St station. Alternatively there are numerous pubs around Liverpool St. Then a short train journey up to WHL overground station which is much closer to the ground than Seven Sisters Rd tube.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/london/hamilton-hall-city-of-london

If you want to make some money buy property in the 'dump' that is Tottenham, because prices are rising fast

it says Dembele has been charged, but not Lamela. Disgrace. Dier should have been out. They have got off lightly, and Poch clearly has no remorse about the behaviour of his players.

So Dembele has until late Thursday to reply to the charge. How long do these things take to sort out? Will his ban kick in before our game?

Is there really going to be that many in Wetherspoons this sunday given how early it is?

So Dembele has until late Thursday to reply to the charge. How long do these things take to sort out? Will his ban kick in before our game?

I think it depends on whether he accepts the charge and then whether he requests a personal hearing to plead mitigation.

I think it depends on whether he accepts the charge and then whether he requests a personal hearing to plead mitigation.

Fair enough. If he pleads mitigation and loses I assume his ban is bigger like a failing a red appeal?

Edited by doddisalegend

Fair enough. If he pleads mitigation and loses I assume his ban is bigger like a failing red appeal?

Not sure, but if he accepts that he won't get away with it he might choose to start the ban now rather than miss more at the start of next season.