Tottenham build up thread ...a question posed

Yorkshire Saint

Cannot understand how a ref can lose a game so much and so easily. Like a supply teacher with kids running riot because they could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could Dier get a retrospective ban for that last challenge if deemed as violent conduct, given it was not punished with a card?

Can't see it, the ref saw the incident.

what was more annoying is that clattenberg was about to blow for a foul (which would have surely meant another yellow) but he played on with the advantage.

Could Dier get a retrospective ban for that last challenge if deemed as violent conduct, given it was not punished with a card?

I would be amazed if the authorities don't look at that game pretty quickly, some if it was X rated. Dembele should get a ban for his attack on Costa and yes Dier should be done for that challenge, then there was the stamp on Fabregas too. Disgraceful, they will definitely get a fine for failure to control their players.

Do we want Spuds to win today or lose today ....

They win, they have to go for it against us no matter what and it plays in to our counter attacking plan aka yesterday.

They lose, season is over, there starting 11 is weaker but as we well know Poch will have them well drilled to stop us with less impetuous on win win

I was hoping they'd somehow get to us needing to win, but I'll take them losing the title at Chelsea whilst managing to get half their team injured or suspended. Assuming retrospective punishment for Dembele, Alli already out, Dier somehow avoiding the suspension he definitely should have had, but Alderweireld and Rose injured and possibly Lamela out too.

Can I just put this out there?

''Peter Schmeichel has won the league, had a son, and that son has won the league in the time since Liverpool last won the league''

You can, but it's not true. Kasper was born in 1986, Liverpool won the league in 1988 and 1990.

Also worth noting that we're pretty secure in the top 8 now, Chelsea have to win their 3, we have to lose 3 and they have to overtake our GD too.

Without getting into the "likely v impossible" debate of the Nutjob thread, we were almost certain to finish top 8 after our win yesterday irrespective of Chelsea results.

Christ, Spurs really cracked under the pressure and fell to pieces there.

didnt they just.

They stopped playing football and started to scrap. Chelsea (with costa) love a scrap and spurs fell apart.

Without getting into the "likely v impossible" debate of the Nutjob thread, we were almost certain to finish top 8 after our win yesterday irrespective of Chelsea results.

I think we can get the point required from Palace at home, with anything at Spurs a bonus.

any ideas who they will have suspended/missing other than Alli?

Suspended would be Dembele almost certainly and possibly Lamela depending on FA retrospective action.

Injured looked like Rose and Toby but hard to know to what extent.

They will still have a strong side. Davies, Wimmer, Mason, Chadli etc to come in if needed.

Psychology is more important than players now. If Pochettino rallies them and they train well they're still favourites. If there's any negativity lingering from tonight and we come at them strong we've got a good chance.

Let Mane Long and Tadic lose on that back 4.

It can't be stressed enough how much City played into the hands of that lineup by pushing high and lacking the legs/effort to transition to defence. It won't be the same at Spurs.

Eye gouging has a minimum 12 week ban in rugby... A game where it's fair game pretty much to punch each other... If it's 3 games for a small punch in football... How long should Dembele be banned for.. As much as I dislike Costa and the 'wrong-eye' reaction... Dembele shouldn't be playing us next season either..

Here's another who get a retroactive ban.

Hardly a stamp but Lamela knew what he was doing.

At the end one tackle was pretty bad and I could not believe the official let play go on before another Chelsea player was mowed down 4 seconds later.

Should easily of sent off both for dangerous tackles.

Shocking performance from Clattenberg, he'd lost it by half time. There's always some sort of case for saying he 'managed the game' and that any red cards would have inflamed the situation more but rules are surely rules? Unquestionably Pochetino should have gone to the stands for entering the playing area and man handling a Chelsea player. Two footed tackle by Lamella in the first five minutes of the second half was like something from the seventies, he deliberately played the player, no intention of playing the ball at all, ticked every box for a straight red. In the context of the whole game Lamella's 'stamp' was about 10th on the charge sheet.

Well done Leicester, winning it with two games to spare, bloody football eh?

Spurs last night brought to mind Sir Alf's comment about Argentina '66 - "animals". Incredible they still had eleven men on the pitch. I noticed one of Spurs' players ( couldn't see who) bundled Guus over during the end of match melee. Still, Poch is "proud" of his players. Please can we hammer them on Sunday.

You can, but it's not true. Kasper was born in 1986, Liverpool won the league in 1988 and 1990.

Actually, it is true.

Peter Schmeichel has won the league (TRUE), had a son (TRUE), and that son has won the league in the time since Liverpool last won the league (ALSO TRUE).

Spurs last night brought to mind Sir Alf's comment about Argentina '66 - "animals". Incredible they still had eleven men on the pitch. I noticed one of Spurs' players ( couldn't see who) bundled Guus over during the end of match melee. Still, Poch is "proud" of his players. Please can we hammer them on Sunday.

There could be some interesting chants on Saturday

" Dirty Tottenham and you know it"

You played dirty and still blew it"

There could be some interesting chants on Saturday

" Dirty Tottenham and you know it"

You played dirty and still blew it"

They'll need a bit of work IMO, not sure it'll catch on

When Dier was booked, it came up with "10" on the yellow card count display. Isn't that a suspension?

Shame if not - can only assume Clattenburg didn't send him off at the end because once the second free-kick (following the advantage) had been given he knew there was only 5 seconds left and didn't want to produce a red in that scenario.

When Dier was booked, it came up with "10" on the yellow card count display. Isn't that a suspension?

Shame if not - can only assume Clattenburg didn't send him off at the end because once the second free-kick (following the advantage) had been given he knew there was only 5 seconds left and didn't want to produce a red in that scenario.

Cut-off has passed now.

Which is annoying as I would have won £50 if he had been sent off.