Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

How do Stoke convince Bojan, Shaqiri, Imbula, Muniesa etc. to join them in the first place? Can't imagine their wage bill is THAT much higher than ours...

Judging on the latest reported numbers, their wage bill isn't higher than ours anyway.

This one gave me a laugh. Gotze turned down Liverpool apparently. 1 year left on his contract.

“I don’t know whether there was indeed an offer from Liverpool, but why would he join a club that do not even play in the Champions League?"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mario-gotze-rejecting-liverpool-transfer-8047667

But history.... Klopp... the Kop.... Second bestest fans in the world third biggest club in world football..... Why would he not want to go there?

How do Stoke convince Bojan, Shaqiri, Imbula, Muniesa etc. to join them in the first place? Can't imagine their wage bill is THAT much higher than ours...

It's the area that attracted them. I lived in stoke for three years and can confirm that it's a utopian dream of a place.

Entering the final year of he contract. Badly ruptured his hamstring in early 2014, which had to be sewn, stapled and glued back together, missed the entire 14/15 season and only started appearing again for Ajax this season, a diminished version of the player he was.

£3.8m could turn out to be a bargain - the talent is still there and he's only 21. But he might be playing the rest of his career on one good leg.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Sounds a bit like one or two members of the Saints strike force...!

It's the area that attracted them. I lived in stoke for three years and can confirm that it's a utopian dream of a place.

it gets better weather than the south coast

all the rainy tuesday night stuff is nonsense, just spread to keep people away and house prices low

@GFFN: Breaking | Raphaël Guerreiro is closing in on a move to Borussia Dortmund, a deal could be closed in the coming hours. More to follow.

Could be a blow as Liverpool were also in for him.

He is a left back and Guan mentioned they also like Bertrand...

Doh. Was hoping Liverpool would sign him.

(So as to avoid the possible Bertrand scenario above)

meaning that they need to sign a defender who can keep pace with Mane the next time they come to SMS.......

Why?.....when they've already signed Lovren and Caulker :lol:

PERSONAL NOTE:

I've waited nearly 50 years to be able to make jokes like this about Liverpool......I'm making the best of it .....

English champions Leicester City are set to strengthen their squad for next season by signing World Cup winner goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler from relegated Hanover 96, the German club announced on Sunday.

The 27-year-old 'keeper is set to travel to England on Monday to complete the medical with his transfer to cost a reported 3.5m euros after he activated a release clause in his Hanover contract.

West Ham are leading the chase to land one of the most sought-after young talents in Europe - that's Lyon's 22-year old centre-back Samuel Umtiti, according to Sky sources.

The Cameroon-born defender, who's been named on Didier Deschamps 'stand-by' list for Euro 2016, helped Lyon to second place in Ligue Un, scoring once in 30 appearances.

Umtiti has previously been linked with a move to PSG, Barcelona and Spurs.

Lyon may not be keen to strengthen their biggest rivals in France - who finished 31 points ahead of them this season.

#WestHam have submitted a £15m bid for #ACMilan striker Carlos Bacca - Sky sources.#WHUFC

This the 6th/7th striker they've bid for now? They really don't get how buying players works now a days.

When they finally get round to going for Benteke and he's number 14/15 on the west ham striker list, I'm pretty sure he'll just end it from depression on the drive down.

I don't quite understand their tact to be honest, why don't they just keep their cards close to their chest? why blurt out that they're after a £30m striker? Surely all that does is make the entire thing more difficult and more of a charade.

I don't quite understand their tact to be honest, why don't they just keep their cards close to their chest? why blurt out that they're after a £30m striker? Surely all that does is make the entire thing more difficult and more of a charade.

Playing up for the fans....

Makes them look ambitious in the eyes of other potential transfer targets. An interesting strategy which could help them punch above their weight in the transfer window, though they will end up paying inflated fees.

Makes them look ambitious in the eyes of other potential transfer targets. An interesting strategy which could help them punch above their weight in the transfer window, though they will end up paying inflated fees.

It reeks of poor planning. You'd think in this day and age they'd have been scouting over the past year, know the qualities (thanks Ronald) they want in a striker and done their research on possible fees. Instead they're seemingly throwing a bid at every striker with a reputation. Everything we hear about the way Saints go about their business is calm and methodical. I know which way I prefer and I know which will work better.

West Ham in for bacca apparently. Do these knob heads do any business behind closed doors? It seems every time they bid on someone either the chairman or his dickhead son has to release a ****ing statement on twitter!!!

West Ham in for bacca apparently. Do these knob heads do any business behind closed doors? It seems every time they bid on someone either the chairman or his dickhead son has to release a ****ing statement on twitter!!!

what they should do, is have their captain overtly tap up other players

that is the better way of doing things

either it's their policy to be very open about transfers, or there is someone at the club hemorrhaging information to newspapers for a tidy fee

This is afterall the professional and acceptable way for larger clubs to do things. Particularly when there are international matches on.

(Hopefully Faser and Bertrand have been well briefed by the black box...)

Is this your new routine?

I guess its better than him bangin` on about Stoke, Everton, Palace

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Think the title needs to be changed to " The 'ammers, loud and out in the open, classless transfer thread"

6th post in the thread :)

"Petition to rename the thread "West Ham's numerous, protracted attempts at being billy big böllocks now they've been given a free stadium""

English champions Leicester City are set to strengthen their squad for next season by signing World Cup winner goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler from relegated Hanover 96, the German club announced on Sunday.

The 27-year-old 'keeper is set to travel to England on Monday to complete the medical with his transfer to cost a reported 3.5m euros after he activated a release clause in his Hanover contract.

Confirmed:

CkBQzbuW0AAzUUz.jpg