New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Bring back Adkins.

A man who would have some loyalty at least.

We don't need loyalty, its an old concept, who wants some manager who feels in his comfort zone with a job for life feeling? 2-3 seasons of hungry, ambitious mangers with something to prove would probably suit us better.

Would love Pellegrini, think he wants to stay in England if the opportunity is right, his job at City was good but not great, but his job at Malaga was fantastic and performances in Europe with a limited side were equally so, which is what we need. The same with Emery, but I do feel like both may not be interested. Laurent Blanc maybe an outside bet? Left PSG but as far as I'm aware not linked with anything at the moment unless I've missed that he's taken a job elsewhere! Feel like De Boer is the easy link for journalists because we've gone Dutch before. Knowing us it'll be someone not on the list of favourites with the bookies, which is the way I like it. As bad as it sounds I hope we don't go British, just nothing inspiring out there for me. We need someone who has handled a European campaign, in a state of transition as we may be this season, and the extra demands of 6 Europa games, we need someone who knows how to deal with it and then we'll be fine. Starting to get excited now.

You missed out him getting Villareal to the Champions League semi-finals as well. Would be perfect for us.

Bring back Adkins.

A man who would have some loyalty at least.

You say that but what if he had got us to 7th and 6th in consecutive seasons and the scousers came in for him, don't think loyalty would have counted for much then. We only think he was loyal because he was pushed before he jumped

I would love to get Sampaoli in!!!It will be AVB though.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Why? What's he done in his career to prepare him for the Premier League?

Mid 50s bloke who's mainly managed small South American teams.

Have you seen Chile play?That style will suit the players we have really well.He's another Bielsa coach but a bit younger than Bielsa himself.He would be 'cheap' as well,which will suit the model we have currently.

It's got AVB written all over it....

I know it's the opinion of one man but reading this article makes me think he's not the bloke we want;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/18/andre-villas-boas-zenit-st-petersburg-russian-premier-league-criticism-boris-chukhlov

Negative football and ignoring the academy/youth.

Do a swap and get Roberto Martinez, yes he had a bad time at Everton but I think at a well run club like us he'd do really well. Thought he worked wonders at Wigan.

If this happens I'll be gutted - I think he's made a bad move there, the expectation will be immense but that club looks like a bit of a circus.

Still you make your bed and all that.

Frank de Boer would be a great appointment.

I'm thinking along the same lines. Good pedigree, attractive football, well respected as a player, looking for a job in the prem and perhaps the smoothest transition we can hope for after Ron (keeping it Dutch etc)

Excuse my ignorance but is Frank De Boer any good has he achieved anything of any real note ?

6 years at Ajax, 4 or 5 consecutive dutch titles, EL and CL progression - think they got results of Barca/Utd etc during his time there.

Don't really care to be honest. Get someone who does well they leave in two seasons; get someone not so good and we go backwards faster. Lose lose really isn't it?

Agree with this. Would love to have some longevity for a change, a 4 or 5 year manager - this even newer era of managers lasting a year is just ridiculous.

Although thank god I don't support Leeds!

Do a swap and get Roberto Martinez, yes he had a bad time at Everton but I think at a well run club like us he'd do really well. Thought he worked wonders at Wigan.

If this happens I'll be gutted - I think he's made a bad move there, the expectation will be immense but that club looks like a bit of a circus.

Still you make your bed and all that.

Wigan got relegated and he nearly relegated Everton. Good cup manager but there are a lot better available than him.

as De Boers agent is Koemans agent of up until a few weeks back, that should be an easy deal to make shouldnt it?

les reed is very comfortable with the contract negotiations. FdB and him talk for hours every day about the future.

AVB was very sought after when he was at Porto, didn't Chelsea pay something like £15m to Porto to get him? He was seen as the new Jose back then!

FDB would be another solid choice, I'd imagine he will be all over this job when it's available.