New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

No to Moyes, McLaren or this type of manager.

Yes to someone who wants to continue and build upon a project, and importantly promote youth. We can't afford he bigger names so we need to bring them through, even if those are those we buy from elsewhere and improve.

One plus with AVB, Spurs will think twice before nicking our manager again!

Personally of the names bandied around so far, I think de Boer is the natural progression, but I'm still undecided. It'd be nice to get a young manager with a good name in World football who sees us as a long term proposition and not a stepping stone, but that's wishful thinking. Pellegrini perhaps wouldn't be too quick to jump ship.

Its a shame there isn't an ex-player of ours with good managerial credentials out there for us a la Bilic at WHU. (Not Hughes! Pahars perhaps, only better.)

One plus with AVB, Spurs will think twice before nicking our manager again!

Personally of the names bandied around so far, I think de Boer is the natural progression, but I'm still undecided. It'd be nice to get a young manager with a good name in World football who sees us as a long term proposition and not a stepping stone, but that's wishful thinking. Pellegrini perhaps wouldn't be too quick to jump ship.

Its a shame there isn't an ex-player of ours with good managerial credentials out there for us a la Bilic at WHU. (Not Hughes! Pahars perhaps, only better.)

The ex-player thing didn't stop alan ball fcking off to man city after 18 months.

We will always be a stepping stone if we won't pay big money.

Chile looked brilliant in the World Cup. Don't know that much about him to be fair. I think AVB would be a poor appointment though.
56 years old, only club sides he's managed are small/medium South American sides (spending about a year at each one is seems), yes Chile looked good, but I don't think that's enough exposure to decent European league football to not be too much of a gamble.

The ex-player thing didn't stop alan ball fcking off to man city after 18 months.

We will always be a stepping stone if we won't pay big money.

It's also a pointless requirement. Our last four managerial appointments all had zero affinity to the club, none, and they all did great.

56 years old, only club sides he's managed are small/medium South American sides (spending about a year at each one is seems), yes Chile looked good, but I don't think that's enough exposure to decent European league football to not be too much of a gamble.

You could be right. Pellegrini still my first choice.

Out of curiosity, are there any actual rumours/twitterings/whatever out there that SFC are actively looking at x, y or z in the same way EFC have come for RK here?

You'd expect a balancing "RK is leaving and SFC are lining up s-and-so as a replacement" unless, of course, our lazy press only look at the 'poor old SFC, pillaged again, pmsl' aspect - nah, course not.

Wouldn't be pleased with Mr Bournemouth

He's a good manager with HIS players that have been with the club along time, with the odd unknown thrown in

But get the feeling it'll be like sturruck all over again

He is clearly miles better than sturrock

Jesus guys educate yourself a bit more.

Copa America win last year with Chile, fantastic at Universidad de Chile and Emlec.

This - when jrod and Lallana played for England against Chile I thought they'd been more at home playing for Chile as they played the pressing style we did under MP, rather than the Hodgson negativity. Although our table position has improved, I wonder where we could have been if we had maintained that level of intensity...

Jesus guys educate yourself a bit more.

Copa America win last year with Chile, fantastic at Universidad de Chile and Emlec.

That's why Kleber Chala was so good for us. Give it a rest with your poncho wearing speedy Gonzales jumping bean corned beef hash rainforest football.

Mick Mccarthy for me please.

AVB is pretty uninspiring from what is known of him. His spells at both Chelsea and Spurs has been characterised by some drab football, and alienating the dressing room.

Agree on AVB, not convinced by him at all and doesn't stay anywhere. FDB, Emery, Pellegrini - the next appointment has to be at that level. RK and his greedy new agent can do one, worse than MP, at least MP went to a bigger, better club and paid his buyout even because he believed in his own abilities. Didn't like the way he behaved but RK no better and thought he had more class.

Big name in World football? Tap into the commercial revenues of USA? Employ a manager with a win ratio no worse than 53%? Bring someone in that could be Spurs manager in a few years?

Jürgen Klinsmann. Put your house on it! :-)

That's why Kleber Chala was so good for us. Give it a rest with your poncho wearing speedy Gonzales jumping bean corned beef hash rainforest football.

Mick Mccarthy for me please.

Bloody right.

We need to get someone in wiv some passhun.

What's Ron Atkinson up to these days?

AVB is vastly overrated and has been sacked by 2 Premier clubs already. His style of football is negative, and he doesn't seem to get on with his players too well.

Pellegrini got Villareal and Malaga into the Champions League. He p*sses all over AVB, who I reckon is a total charlatan.

Think Ron would look a bit of a c*nt if he went to Everton.

Think it would make Les look a bit of a c*nt as well. But he has been in this situation before and come up smelling of roses, so good luck to him.

Sackings from Chelsea dont count......Ancellotti, Ranieri, Mourinho...all weren't exactly washed up.